Sounding: should I?

Hello all. I'm looking for some advice regarding the practice of "sounding". For those who don't know, this involves a man inserting things into his urethra. Yep...

I'm just baffled as to why anyone would do this, but I'll try anything once, so if anyone has any experience doing this I'd love to hear your opinions on it. Advice on safe ways to do it would be very welcome, too.

Thanks ☺

You can find a very good beginners guide right here, including both a how to and safety tips:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2015/01/27/what-is-urethral-sounding/

Why people do it is, as far as I am aware, is because it is both kinky and stimulates very sensitive areas to provide very different and exciting new sensations. Pretty much the same reason anyone does anything new sexually :)

I use a sperm stopper was quite nervous about using one but was a good feeling have when we was having sex and didn't hurt at all putting the sperm stopper in.

Wow didnt even know what sounding was. You learn something new every day.

all i can add to this thread is OOOOOUUUUUUCCCCHHHHHHH

So long as you start slowly with something that fits and work up to bigger sizes very gradually. I personally like the stretch when going up a size. Once it's in past the point of entry everything glides easily. Loads of sterile lube, available on line here and keep everything very clean.

I have tried it,one to tick off bucket list,and two as a kind of aversion therapy after having a cystoscopy(Camera inserted down pee hole into bladder) which left me pissing razors for days after! I purchased a couple of items off here,a latex sound and an 8mm ridged stainless steel one,used plenty of lube and made sure everything was clean.The stainless steel one was best,there is a knack for getting it past penis head,but once painlessly past,it just drops in under it`s own weight,very satisfying! See my reviews on the products.If you want any more info just ask me!

Useless reply probably, but be really really careful and always use sterilise equipment. I think I once read somewhere if you are a female you can be prone to more cystitis infections from it (I could be totally wrong here as I am certainly no expert).

I couldn't do this, it really makes me feel queasy and all shivery.

If it's something you want to try, then I see no reason why you shouldn't. I'd advise to take it slow and do your research beforehand though. And definitely pick up some sterile lube.

Probably obvious,but make sure your hands are clean as well as the tools and lube!

Thanks for the advice folks, useful information. Still not too sure about trying it or not, probably will eventually. Quite an intimidating one.

Anyway, thanks again. Always a helpful bunch here, think that's why I like this site as more than just a shop.

So, I did eventually try it! Quite painful at first attempt, must be said. Also left it very painful to pee for a couple of days. Tried again a week later, used much more lube this time, far more pleasurable experience. No pain afterwards either. Not something I'll be doing often, but it's certainly going to remain an option for those quiet nights when I'm feeling extra kinky 😊

Well done for trying and managing to do it. Still got further than a sperm stopper. I know I would like to think it is just how painful it would be that makes hesitant to try it.

I've never tried it, and am squeamish at the thought! It's a hard limit and big no-no for me....