Spanking implement advice

Hi everyone!

First post so a bit nervous!

Anyway, my fiancee and I are sort of into spanking but so far we've only used a wooden spoon. This does work ok and gives a lovely sting but we want to buy something proper.

We want something that's nice and stingy but also importantly quiet as possible as we can't make too much noise where we are lol!

Any suggestions welcome!

The broader and bigger you go, the more noise you'll produce, and the smaller thinner you go, the stingier it gets - the spanked will make more noise than the impact.
So perhaps a cane? Bondage boutique cane is a popular option

This one...
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15828
Would you like.me to link my review?!?!?

Hi. Try a horse whip or ruler. Mind you my belt broke over the weekend and we decided to try this too. Well it was only going in the bin, would have been a shame. And it's pretty good too! Lol

The FSOG ruler is great and I love my bamboo paddle too. They don't make that much noise...... unfortunately I do !! Lol x

Are you the giver or the receiver Terri? Lol

Hanky Spanky! wrote:

Are you the giver or the receiver Terri? Lol

Always the receiver.......you know, the one who can't sit down for 48hrs afterwards 😉 lol x

I'm a receiver and she uses FSOG ruler, bamboo paddle and more often than not the old fashion slipper all of which stings my bum cheeks until they are glowing red. We take a fairly hot bath to help with the pain then have more fun and when I get near to climaxing she gives my bum a couple of hard slaps to slow me up and we last for ages. But my favourite has to be the ruler and her hand.

I'd second Sum Sub's suggestion of the bondage boutique cane but it can be really brutal so be warned! Alternatively, the Tease by Lovehoney crop has two sides so you get both a gentle and more stingy toy in one.

The black rose paddle is good as the patterned side is slightly padded, definitely quieter than the other side!

A personally reccomend a riding crop or a braided/beaded flogger. Like this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=1599

Perhaps look for something 2 sided, wtih different textures on either side.

Took your advice Terri and just ordered my Bamboo Paddle! (Can't wait to have that stinging feeling on my butt) lol

Hi all - love to read about spanking, have indulged in a little (I want to be the receiver but no luck so far ...)

no-one suggested a flogger - are they naff, or more extreme than the paddles/crops?

BadBeeble wrote:

no-one suggested a flogger - are they naff, or more extreme than the paddles/crops?

Floggers give less of that 'spanking' sound and feel... they have quite a specific sound and feel of their own. And they're loads of fun to try. There are so many different floggers available, made from different materials for different sensations - it's fun trying them out to see what you like.

To the OP: regarding spanking, I think a hard open-hand spank always works well, but if you're more interested in using items, try different sizes and shapes of paddle - the wider and larger the surface area of the paddle, the duller the feeling - more of a thud (and therefore the smaller the surface area, the sharper and more tingly/stingy the feeling).

I'd say try out loads of different types of canes, floggers, paddles, and of course continue with other household pervertables :p - finding those is part of the fun!

BadBeeble wrote:

Hi all - love to read about spanking, have indulged in a little (I want to be the receiver but no luck so far ...)

Some Floggers are better for skin sensual play than as a spanking implement .They give a nice sensation when a person his blindfolded and restrained ,when it is slowly dragged over the body .

Hanky Spanky! wrote:

Took your advice Terri and just ordered my Bamboo Paddle! (Can't wait to have that stinging feeling on my butt) lol

My oh broke our first bamboo paddle on my bum ! Lol

(Lovehoney replaced it immediately and so far the new one is holding up) 😉 x