staying wet?

OK so i have a little issue staying wet through sex - as soon as I feel like I'm dry my mojo goes... I have a few different lubes but find they become sticky quickly & again, dashes the mojo! Must be for skin to skin as well as toy lubes and ok for anal... recommendations?!

Liquid silk is a great one

I quite like the Sliquid range - in particular, Sliquid Sassy for a regular lube (though it's advertised as an anal lube) - as they're water based and, being free from glycerin and parabens, they're perfect if you have sensitive skin and won't cause any pH balance upsets. They don't cause any tackiness and Sliquid Sassy has a consistency that isn't too runny and is less likely to go everywhere.

And, being water based, it's safe for use with toys including silicon ones.

I have tried liquid silk and find it gets sticky... Aww thanks I'll have a look at sliquid sassy... is it really watery?!

It isn't very watery - it's got quite a thick consistency and, if you put some on your finger tip, say, it very slowly glides down. But despite this, it's easy to use; the thickness of it doesn't mean it's like jelly or not easily malleable. It's slick and wet when rubbed in, without being watery or too slippery - it stays where you put it.

If that makes sense, at all. I hope it does. :)

I also own another lube from the Sliquid range and it is certainly more watery and runny (and more likely to get everywhere); I personally prefer the slightly thicker lubricant, though.

So you get wet, but then dry up? Sounds strange but I'm not a doctor.

Janny wrote:

It's not strange. Its kinda physics....friction and movement and heat is going to evaporate moisture. Some women produce enough throughout the session for it not to be an issue and others just don't. Hormones also play a part and you can find you are more dry during certain times of the month etc.

Anyway: If you are planning on using this lubricant JUST for sex (and not with any silicone sex toys) Then I would recommend skipping water based lubes and going for a silicone lube. The pros: It isn't water based, so it doesn't dry up and it is perfect for longgggg sessions. Cons: It doesnt dry up or soak into the skin so a quick wash is usually needed to get rid of it afterwards

If you hate the feel of silicone lube (Water based lube has a more slimy wet feel and silicone a more silky soft feel) then try a Hybrid lube. Hybrids are mostly water based (Giving you that water based feeling) but they have added silicone (usually about 10% ish) for extra longevity.

I recommend going with sliquid, no matter what you choose. The silicone version is called Sliquid Silver and the Hybrid is called Sliquid Silk.

If you MUST go with a water based lube (because you want to use it with toys, for example) then I personally found the Pjur back door comfort lube outlasted even my Sliquid Sassy, (but it gets sticky later when it does dry, unlike sassy) and the Lelo lubricant also lasts a long time.

Hope that helps xx

I completely agree with fluffbags. Silicone lube far outlast the water IMO. Sliquid silicone lube is lovely and feels nice and doesn't have a bad taste as some of the others do. As long as we are t using silicone toys its the one we reach for.

Liquid silk is certainly the best one I've tried. I had the same issue a little while ago but in the end i found extra extra foreplay got me wet enough so it wouldn't happen during x

I don't think you'll get something that's non sticky that would also be good for anal. I think with anal lubes they tend to be a bit stickier and thicker to provide some cushioning, minimising the risk of ripping, tearing or general discomfort.

For vaginal sex, I would reccomend the Tracy Cox lube, it's not sticky at all, quite runny and since its highly water based it tastes of nothing which is a massive advantage, I hate lube taste!! I actually used this once for anal sex and it went fine, but I would still reccomend an anal lube that is specially formulated. The Tracy Cox lube also lasts a really long time...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25007

Janny wrote:

i get a tiny bit wet - even though i feel "turned on" ... my body doesnt react the same!! Its a major thing so I want something I can "put in" before & then not worry!

I'm gay so toys are/will be a massive part.... why is it silicone lubes can't be used with toys?!!?

Im the same, its not uncommon. It started for me after i went on the pill so its hormonal for me.
I use the sliquid range as well i find it the best as im also quite sensitive to the ingredients in other lubes.

Silicone lube can damage toys made from silicone so always best to use waterbased with those.

Yep, silicone on silicone react very badly as try and sort of fuse together. If you store silicone toys together touching they will eventually melt, deform and sometimes fuse together. I always keep my toys in separate bags :)

Me and my partner fine this one very good for saying wet for long! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=6016 it's also a great price! =)

Agree with Lollipop & I'll add any Durex play lube is great for toy play & never really drys up, good luck :)

Actually I never thought of that, but the play lube is formulated for massage so it needs to stay runny for a long time. Definitely worth a try!

If you have a 100% pure silicone product AND a very high quality silicone lube, you can use that silicone lubricant on that toy quite safely, The problem is that silicone reacts with silicone blended with elastomers (and jelly toys up to products with high silicone lvl but not complete) It causes the materials to go sticky, so the surface of your toy eventually starts feeling tacky and strange.

The problem is figuring out if you have a 100% pure silicone toy (hint: They usually cost from around £40 going up in price from there, generally, for dildos.) and a high quality lube and trusting the writing on the products is not always a good idea. So as a general rule of thumb it is said to avoid silicone lube on silicone toys just in case. Another option is to do a patch test on the base of your product and check back in a few days. Here is a little snippet of information I cut from the Tantus (Pure silicone dildos) website:

Eros Pjur and Tantus Silicone have each conducted of experiments on this problem. We've never had any incompatibility with the other's products, but that hasn't always been the case with other silicone toys or of other silicone lubes. It's easier to explain a hard fast warning than to start trying to figure out the exceptions. (You can do a patch test on the bottom flange base of most dildos or plugs to see if a reaction occurs between your toys and your lube. The reaction is immediate. The only way you will be able to clean the silicone lube off the toy if it begins to bond, is by scraping it. If there's no reaction and the lube stays slick, you can feel free to use that brand of silicone lubricant on that toy.)

Yesterday, Tantus also tweeted this:

Because this shows up in keyword searches: oil-based lubes will not harm your Tantus toys, but be careful w/those lubes & latex.

I'm the opposite sometimes I get way to wet and it drives me nuts lol