Sternum tattoo advice, from anyone who's got one?

Hi all, my OH is considering a sternum tattoo as her first tattoo, she wants a discrete tattoo thats on her lower sternum and that spreads under her tits so only we will know its there, her biggest issue is she read the sternum is a very painful place to have a tattoo, especially a first one.
Anyones experience or advice would be nice,
Thanks.

3 Likes

Numbing cream will help, especially if she’s got a bit of padding. If she’s thin, it won’t do much against her bones. Check with the artist though, bc some won’t tattoo if its used. My feet have barely any fat on them and I really had to zone out to get my feet tattooed and they weren’t big tattoos.

A high pain threshold will help but if thats where she wants it, she’s going to have to accept that its going to be painful and take some painkillers beforehand.

1 Like

As far as we know she has a high pain threshold but then tattoos could be a different story, she’s a size 12 to 14 “and got” 36 EE boobs, has and a little bit of padding on her sternum between her boobs and above her tummy, she’s short so quite a curvy size 14 if you get my gist,

I’m sure it was a typo and you meant to say "size 12 to 14 and hot :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have sleeves and my feet were much more painful than my elbows. If she’s worried about it, she’ll have a bit of adrenaline that’ll get her through. She’ll be fine though, it’ll be worth it!

@JoCat was supposed to “and got” :grin:

Aye you’re lucky :rofl:

@JoCat Very lucky! And she’s very hot too. :heart_eyes:

She sounds it :wink:

1 Like

@JoCat And I thought you was hetro, unlike her!!:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

I have a Sternum tattoo. It wasn’t my first tattoo and I’ve never used numbing cream. At first it started of ok but after a few hours on the table the pain started to really kick in. They are very detailed tattoos and lots of them have many dots. I’m sure you can see mine on my profile picture.
I also have one down my side, starting on my ribs and that pain was 100% worse.

1 Like

@Deanna32, oh yes from what I can see very nice, she’s not looking at anything big, just something that fits the space neatly so pain might not be too much. XxX