Stinky rabbit

Hi there! I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some help with this. I recently bought a Rampant Rabbit Thruster from Ann Summers. Opened the box and nearly fainted because of the incredibly strong melting plastic smell that it gave off. I have cleaned it with appropriate stuff and have left it to air out in the spare room with the window open for the last two days.

The smell is hasn't faded at all and it seems to have seeped into the bedlinen of the spare bed! I haven't been able to bring myself to use it because if it can do that to bedlinen, I really don't want to put it anywhere near my body (not a great smell for your pussy!).

I know jelly vibes can be a tad pongy but this one nearly makes my eyes water! Just wondering if anyone had any hints or tips on how to tone down the smell as I really want to use it but can't bring myself to for fear of the melting plastic smell clinging to me.

Thanks in advance

x

Sounds like it has phthalates (sp??) in it, chemicals that make plastic softer. I'm afraid there's not much you can do. They're pretty nasty chemicals. I'd use a condom over it!

Yep, it could be phthalates that's giving it that pongy smell.

There's not a lot you can do about it, except get something from LoveHoney that doesn't smell.

You can read more about phthaltes on LoveHoney here.

And here's a peek inside the laboratory when we sent some LoveHoney products to be tested. What fun!

Checked the box and it does have phthalatesin it. Thanks for the advice - have ordered some non-pongy replacements from LoveHoney

Good good! Review em and let us know how you get on. I think LH are trying to eradicate all phthalates from their toys and seem to be doing a pretty good job so far.

I always forget to check for phthalates. Luckily LH seem good one even letting the cheaper ranges be be free from them. (My kingdom for good money- I'd love to look at at £30 vibe as a treat as opposed to thinking £15 is a bit much....)