Stocking tops on show?

Okay, I have recently ventured into the world of stockings and I have to admit, I'm pretty fond of them. However, I'm a pretty tall girl and my problem is I can't wear stockings without the tops being on show. To me this feels a bit 'sexual' for a night out and I was just wondering what other people thought? Am I being silly or would it be best to invest in a pair specifically for tall people so I can wear them out?

wellit depends how you feel, personaly for play time then great, but for going out then no.

I would probably wear them out with the tops showing if OH was out with me because it would be a tease all night untill we got home :). But for a night out just with my friends? Probably not, wouldn't want to attract attention to myself from guys or gals. It's just annoying! X

I have the same problem, I wear them out with the tops on show but uit's only a tiny bit, just enough for a tease, my issue is when I cross my legs then most of the top goes on show, I agree with Sarahgee, if it's for a night out with just the girls maybe not best to do that with your OH so they can appreciate the top showing and give them a little tease all night, the reaction I got doing one night was phenomenol! x

Think about it. They're drawing attention both to a very private area of a woman's body (which, unlike cleaveage, isn't generally shown) and to the fact of bare skin. You're not being silly at all, stocking tops signal sexual in every way.

Unless that's what you're after, just buy a few pairs in a size that suits you. If you're ever in a pinch and need some sooner than an online delivery allows, try queen size. All of that go-around-stretch can go upwards instead.

Yes please love the tease of some stocking top!

No, I wouldn't wear them if I thought they'd be on show. I think Risehip has made a good point

My OH has the same issue with them and it makes her feel uncomfortable. It all comes down to you own confidence I guess. For me personally I find them really sexy and just knowing my OH is wearing them is a turn in, however to see the tops is always a plus! I would never judge a woman for wearing them and showing the tops, to me it oozes confidence. As for the unwanted attention, if your a tall sexy woman your going to get that anyway, I'd just go with the flow and wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy 😃. Meanwhile I'm live in hope my OH with keep wearing them!!

I think it sends quite sexual signals indeed. If you are comfortable with this, well, fair enough (I wouldn't be but each to their own). If you feel this might not be totally appropriate in public, you can either go for a miniskirt while wearing tights or oversized stockings pulled high, or you can wear your normal stockings and a slightly longer (knee-length) skirt.

I don't think it's anything to do with having confidence, it's underwear and would be like having your knickers on show. There are different kinds of attention, and I think stocking tops on show is going to attract the wrong kind.

I'm gonna march in and throw in the opposite opinion :P
Unless Im doing something specifically formal where a short skirt isn't appropriate, I'll generally have stocking tops on show. It's kind of my signature.

I guess with my legs being chubby, my stockings are only just over the knee, so they are more on show naturally. But on the basis that if I wasn't wearing stockings it would likely be bare leg on show?

Surely it's no different to bare legs in the summer?

For me bare legs are just bare legs, whereas stockings scream SEX! Even though I wore them for years as a necessity (my psoriasis was too bad on my thighs to wear nylon tights) I would never have them on show. I don't see anything wrong with having them on show, but I wouldn't, and as OP was worried it would look too sexual for her, I think having that thought indicated that it would be too sexual for her.

I personally wouldn't wear them out, but that's just beacuse I would feel a bit uncomfortable. I don't see anything wrong with it though, so if you are happy for them to be on show, go for it!

I tried some Baci stockings and found them to be far too long for me, so it might just be a case of finding the right brand for you as well.

Well I would personally wear them and I have done, my personal favourite is to wear them with shorts, boots and a jumper when the wether is milder.

But having said that I like to be different and dress very unique to me :)

But I can understand that's no for everyone, just do as you feel comfortable hun.

they do look great tho

Hi All I would like to put my two penneth in this discussion, as a cross dresser I definitely would not go out showing stocking tops. It just raises the question that you are up for it. With a shaparone maybe but otherwise no. Sorry Lovehoney but I buy my stockings from Peacocks theirs are plenty long enough for my legs, 32in inside leg. Or another tack try some good quality hold ups.

Okay yeah, the general consensus is that it would be seen as provocative and that's not what I want (not on a night out anyway) I think I'd feel okay with it personally but I wouldn't be okay with getting hit on because of it. It's a shame really that people would assume I'd be up for it just because of what I put on my legs. I'll try to invest in some longer ones then (thanks for the tip phil)

Ask a a man if you wnat to know about longer stockings! Apart from the tops being on show, longer stockings will stsy up better and be more comfortable if you're wearing them for longer than it takes to get in bed ...

The whole point about tights is that they came in so you could wear a miniskirt decently. I'm no particular fan of tights but if I wore a short skirt I'd be looking for tights rather than stockings. Long hold-ups is another option, but for ladies there's often quite a squidgy bit right at the top of the leg - beautiful in stockings and covered by tights - that makes hold-ups start to roll down your leg. Ideally, hold-ups should be about mid thigh to work properly.

You can always consider wearing a longer skirt, particularly a full one. You'd be pretty much in control of what you flash, then, and the fact you're covered up more makes anything that does get seen even sexier.

Ultimately, of course, you need to find what's comfortable for you, both to wear and to reveal (or not). Probably a good idea to get some longer stockings in your drawer; I've tried Peacocks knee-highs and they're noticeably longer than normal ones, so I expecxt the stockings will be good. I might even buy some to see ... .

Agree with RoseHip and LibraLover - if you're trying to tease your OH all night...then OMG... it'll be lovely; but very likely to draw unwanted(?) attention. Best to have longer stockings or longer skirts for going out. The exception would be if you're eating somewhere that is a little more private, where you could use the 'tease' to great advantage. x