Stockings/holdups for large legs

I have very sizeable legs with chunky thighs and big calf's too I struggle to get boot's to fit all the time which sucks but that's not the question. Can anybody recommend some sexy stockings I can wear with some sexy undies that won't roll down my legs and look silly? Iv tried the plus size hold ups on here but they just roll down rather than hold up. I only have 1 or 2 items with straps to hold stockings up so hold ups might get more use.

L

Ive found theres only one place i can buy stockings for the reasons youve mentioned. I cant name it but im sure you can guess!

Ive found that fishnet stockings tend to have more stretch and give in them and feel more comfortable.

I have regular stockings too, always go for lace top as they have a wide band at the top which ive found helps to keep them in place. Any thin band on the top just means they start to dig in and roll down. I find the regular ones tend to want to slip down and feel smaller than fishnets.

One of the biggest problemsis manufactures are just not making stockings long enough, as if to save on material, even stockings advertised as extra tall still only just go past the kness in most cases this means they are constantly being pulled down as they are being stretched to much and would rather sit at your kness so even a good quality suspender belt will struggle to hold them up, also the problem with rolling can be when the band is to tight as manufactures seem to think a tight band is how to keep them up rather than a decent quality silicon band, you could try Asda George opaque stockings in size L/XL, they will reach up to your thighs and stay there all day, for the price they are very good quality and generous with length, the only thing is they are only available in opaque, there sheer ones do not seem as good.

I recently bought some of the new Baci stockings from here (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32298) and was pleasantly surprised at how stretchy they are while still holding up fine. I'm usually a 16-18 in anything with legs, and quite tall, but the fishnet on these is so stretchy it fits bigger and longer legs really well in my opinion. I only bought this pair but I know Baci have quite a few in similar styles up on the site so I don't know if they'd have a similar fit, but maybe they're a good brand to think about trying.

Good luck with it :)

Just had this problem with 3 pairs i bought on here, i'm a 16-18 and actually found the pretty polly hold ups on here really good, the fever ones all fell straight down, other than the fishnet that were way too baggy.

I have a similar problem, I'm a tall girl (5"11) and some of the reviews from shorter people on here about them not being long enough have prevented me buying a pair. Does anyone know a style which works well for tall people?

Gabriella Lace top hold ups are good from LH,my wife has a decent set of thighs and is not too tall,they fit her nicely without being too loose,or slipping down.

Having athletic calves but very chunky thighs (a part of myself that just would not slim down, no matter how much running and biking I do) means it is not easy for me to get my hands on stockings that would fit me properly, either.

If used with suspenders, Leg Avenue Plus Size Sheer Suspender Stockings are quite good, and Cottelli Hold Up Stockings with Striped Tops do the trick as well - the silicone straps are well-made and the hold ups do actually hold up, even on thunder thighs I, sadly enough, sport...

Hold-ups rolling down is an occupational hazard for ladies who don't have athletic thighs - and I'm not just saying that as a euphemism for fat, I mean that the hold-up is just not going to be stable on squidgy legs.

To be brutal, hold-ups work better on most men for this reason. If you're curvy in the lower limb department, I'd recommend stockings, but if you must do hold-ups then you need to find some that do have much looser tops.The main leg bits will stretch a lot more than the grippy bit. M&S used to do short/medium/tall and a bigger size as well (rather than just longer) but I haven't looked to see if they still do.

Hi Holly Love

I can highly recommend our own brand stockings. You will find 3 pairs here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/stockings-hosiery/all/all/lovehoney-lingerie/all/all/all/

They have had great feedback!

MrPink wrote:

Hold-ups rolling down is an occupational hazard for ladies who don't have athletic thighs - and I'm not just saying that as a euphemism for fat, I mean that the hold-up is just not going to be stable on squidgy legs.

To be brutal, hold-ups work better on most men for this reason. If you're curvy in the lower limb department, I'd recommend stockings, but if you must do hold-ups then you need to find some that do have much looser tops.The main leg bits will stretch a lot more than the grippy bit. M&S used to do short/medium/tall and a bigger size as well (rather than just longer) but I haven't looked to see if they still do.

I agree with you mostly, but as a squidgy legger, i find that stockings in particular sizes fit. For example if there are a range of sizes, either in numbers or letters then i can find a size that fits. However if anything says 1 size fits all, or covers a wider range then i steer clear. If you have legs like mine that arent toned then something designed to fit slim size 6 legs wont be good on my size 12s even if the stockings claim to go up to 16.

Can i just say i think stockings and tights on larger legs looks very sexy even more so than skinny legs.