Storage bags question

Just a quickie.

I washed one of my satin storage bags today after a bit of a lube mishap, but despite being in a net bag, it's come out the worse for wear and now has several holes in it. To be fair it has seen a few washings so isn't really unexpected. It's lived a good life.

Until I replace it, can I make do with an organza one I got a gift in for Christmas? It'll have a silicone toy in it and live in a drawer alongside other silicone toys in satin bags.

Thanks.

Yes. I’m using organza pouches for some of my toys and haven’t had any problem. 😊

Thank you both.

I've always kept the charging cables in the same bag as the toy - could this potentially be a problem?

I check and charge all my toys monthly and haven't noticed any problems with any of them...yet!

I keep all my toys in bags along with their charging cables and haven’t had any problems.

I always thought you couldn't store silicone toys together?

I store some of mine in the satin bags but the rest are just put into plastic sandwich bags and I haven't had any issues so far. Just make sure your toy is completely dry before you store it away.

The charge cables are stored separately in little marked envelopes and they are all together in a tin box.

I can't imagine the organza bags to cause an issue but I've never tried them.

Silicone toys can be stored with other silicone toys without any barriers between them. The benefit of storage bags for silicone toys is to keep the lint and the dust off.

Thanks everyone.

I'd read conflicting information about storing silicones together - some say it's fine, some don't, some say there's only a problem with certain types.

Most of the information I've read warns against using silicone lubes with silicone, but I don't own anything other than water-based anyway.

It's the first Saturday of the month coming up so it's charge-check day (waves to Ian Chimp). I've bought one of those USB/cable holders and some tie-on labels so all my charging leads will be labelled and stored out of the way so I no longer have to fight with tangled leads when I'm groping around for a toy.

I've got most in bags in Lovehoney cases (with different colour ribbon on the zip for quick recognition - not much good in the dark, though!).

What I'd really love is to be able to just toss my fave silicone toys all in the bottom drawer of my bedside table. Even in the semi-dark with my eyesight it'd be easy to just grab what I fancy with that.

I think I'm just going to chuck my fave few in the drawer in bags for the time being, though, and leave the not flavour-of-the-month ones in the cases.

Does anyone rotate their toys and go through phases of loving one particular, then swapping when a bit bored?

VR: "I think I'm just going to chuck my fave few in the drawer in bags for the time being, though, and leave the not flavour-of-the-month ones in the cases. Does anyone rotate their toys and go through phases of loving one particular, then swapping when a bit bored?"

Yes, exactly that. The current favourites are in toy bags in my bedside top drawer, the next most used are in LH cases in the middle and bottom drawers. They swap places every so often. The least used and the 'my alone time' toys are in cases in the wardrobe. Top drawer toys currently are a couple of old friends and my newest toys.

Good information in here! Had an issue with toys reacting with one another in the past. Luckily nothing expensive! As a side note, what type of storage do you guys use? Traditionally we used a large make up bag, and now we're using a medium sized metal tin/suitcase still thing. I wanted something fairly portable but also able to organise the gear nicely. All our toys are just kind of stuffed in.

Double L - if you use the word Storage in the forums search you'll find several threads specifically for giving ideas of how to store your toys. Some of the older ones have some great ideas.