Storage of a dildo

Hi all we are after a bit of advice on how to store our latest new dildo http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=46

It's made from skin safe rubber so is a little tacky and does attract fluff etc.
We have it in a plastic sandwich food bag on its own but found the bag does tend to be a little attached to the dildo when we take it out.
We guess it's Just the stickyness of the rubber but want to check this won't cause any problems x
Any suggestions on better way to store it we do have several lovely honey toy bags but are not sure how the bag and dildo material would react.
Thanks for any advice :-)

Skin safe rubber usually means some form of rubber/silicone blend, like TPE. If thats true you have to keep it away from silicone toys, or it can literally melt and damage them.

I'd ecommend binning it and replacing it with something else.

cg22 wrote:

Hi all we are after a bit of advice on how to store our latest new dildo http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=46

It's made from skin safe rubber so is a little tacky and does attract fluff etc.
We have it in a plastic sandwich food bag on its own but found the bag does tend to be a little attached to the dildo when we take it out.
We guess it's Just the stickyness of the rubber but want to check this won't cause any problems x
Any suggestions on better way to store it we do have several lovely honey toy bags but are not sure how the bag and dildo material would react.
Thanks for any advice :-)

Put cornflour in the bag with it , it will stop it sticking :)

If you want to keep it, you should wash it with a toy cleaner, leave it to air-dry, and then put it into a toy bag with a pinch of corn flour... And you should definitely use a condom when you use it - it is porous and therefore it cannot be thoroughly cleaned (to tell you the truth, I would not buy a toy like this, I am too much of a hygiene freak).

I would go for Sum Sub's suggestion - replace it with something else (preferably silicone, glass or metal...)

It is safe to use isn't it?

Sort of, 'skin safe rubber' is a generic name for toys that are generally porous. While they are technically fine to use they will become nasty over time, bacteria works its way into the material in a way that you cant get back out. This will eventually cause the toy to need to be thrown out. In addition, 'skin safe rubber' can actually include materials that have some generally nasty chemicals in them.

If you can buy glass, metal, wood or silicone buy them. They're infinitely better

TPE is not a rubber/silicone blend, and skin safe rubber won't have silicone in it. Subs suggestion is a good one, but LSB's cornflour one is a good second option. Over time, you may find melting issues with it being stored in a plastic bag, so the cornflour will protect from this a bit, and will stop the tackiness. You could always wrap it in a lint free cloth before putting it in a bag too.

I'd wrap it in a paper towel before putting it in the bag to avoid contact between the two plastics.

Thanks all for your comments and ideas.
We can't seem to find a silicone one that is the same size ..
:-(

There are definitely some out there, but I don't think there are any that thick and long on LH. Maybe a suggestion for the pander to me thread, if you find one elsewhere that you like the look of :-)

As above, it probably will stick to the sandwich bag.

We also have toy that can be a little tacky (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33964) but we found the best thing to store it in was one of LoveHoney's own satin toy bags: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22930 (also available in black if purple is not your thing.

We found turning the bag inside out then rolling it onto the toy (like a sock!) works well. If you try to slide the toy into the bag it will likely try to cling to the sides of the bag and get stuck.

Perhaps use a large condom on it until you find a replacement. But yeah, the cornflour should stop it sticking to a bag.