Storing UR3 properly!

Hi,

This is my first post, so please treat me nicely!! Yesterday I received my doc johnson blush (which is good ;) ) I have looked back over past posts to try and find the answer to this.

I read that a couple of peoples ur3 type of dildos have melted when not stored properly! I really don't want tthis to happen. It says nothing on the box about storage, or about lubes to avoid.

Can anyone help?

Laura x

Hi LJ30, Welcome to the forum :)

It is generally recommended that all sex toys are stored seperately as toys that come into contact with other toys have a tendancy to react to each other. It is something in the plastic that does it. I have also heard of toys reacting to the inside of drawers, probably for the same reason. I use the lovehoney storage bags for my toys although you can use other fabrics to wrap your toys in.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22930

Have a look at the lovehoney buyers guide for storing toys for an insight :)

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/buyers-guide/sex-toy-storage/

Enjou your new toy

Hx

Aaah thanks, I was looking for a storage guide!! So the storage bags are the way forward.

Thank you xx

Look after that beauty x

In keeping with the topic, how much cornstarch should I use when storing my UR3 toys? Should I cover the whole thing or just sprinkle a small amount?

I find it easiest to sprinkle it in my hands, spread/rub it in a bit and rub it onto the toy. Best to cover the whole toy in a layer of cornstarch, any part of it that isnt powdered will still remain sticky and attract lint.

As for lubes, when it comes to toys I always stick to water based only. Some hybrids and better quality silicone lubes/products can be used together but knowing which is not easy so I play it safe.

KinkyFuckery wrote:

Look after that beauty x

Oh I will!! It's the first realistic thing I have bought and am really impressed! The oh didn't know whether I had got it for him or me which was funny !

Thanks for the cornflour tip too xx