Strapless vs harness

So me and my other half have been discussing this and are talking about buying a strap on. Now what we aren't sure of is to get a strapless or a harness strap on. I've read about the pros and cons, the strapless can be hard to keep in her while going at it due to her getting wet, and the harness can be a mood killer getting it on etc... So what's people thoughts on this?

Maybe try a set of briefs with an o-ring, they're comfortable for her to wear and easy to put on and everything stays in place, the broad city pegging kit is currently on sale and is very good, we have one and couldn't be happier with it. The only issue with a pair of briefs is that the o-ring can't be changed so if you're looking to use bigger toys or move up to bigger toys, they won't fit in the ring.

Get a harness. Yes it can be annoying to put on when you first start using them but they are far better for beginners. As silly as it sounds, when you use your penis you can feel the end to help guide you in to the right spot. She has never had anything to experience that and obviously won’t be able to feel the end of the dildo she is inserting and that takes some getting used to. Having to think about that AND working to keep the strapless one in can be hard work and may take her out of a sexy mood.

One thing I would suggest, after you’ve successfully tried a few times, is get her to wear kegal balls while she pegs you. That will get her used to having something inside her that she needs to keep in at the same time and makes sure she does her kegal excercises which will help her if you do decide to switch to a strapless one

Harness all the way!

I do my kegel exercises but the strapless strap-ons still pop out sooner rather than later. Sometimes it's because of gravity (some can are quite heavy, this one for example https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16277 ) and others because of pushing/the angle. After many tried with 3 strapless strap-on dildos, I finally gave up and I'm looking for a harness for them...

Harness is best because: interchangeable o-rings, adjustable straps, both the harness and the dildo stay in place during pegging. This was my first harness and I swear by it: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30701 It even has a pocket for a bullet vibe for her (doesn't always do much for me, depending on the sex position.) =)

Harness all the way, strapless can be quite troublesome to get the right angles and stuff. Lovehoney do a lot of more attractive briefs and things now which makes a harness more appealing. You can also get some nice faux leather ones which look great on a pair of buttocks.

Hi wife likes panties instead of harness . As these look more sexy . And wife found harness a bit off putting . As we are new to pegging as a couple We got the own back panties on sale at time 14.99 Thier is breifs of same make on this site at same price . Although it's Ur own choice . And other pair with dildo included ÂŁ28 great value .

I'd vote harness all the way. For us, strapless didn't really work. It certainly didn't give me the orgasms I get from a harness held one, and I was more worried about it coming out than on shagging his ass. As for being offputting, make it part of the foreplay. I get him to help me to put on the harness, which ups the anticipation.

One tip I would say is to use the harness when you aren't in a sexy mood. It will need to be adjusted to fit properly, and that would be a mood killer, as it takes some time to get right. Once it is adjusted, she should be able to slip it on and off quite quickly.

1 Like

We have had great success using a strapless strap on along side harness briefs.

My wife does not have the kegel strength to hold in a strapless strap on for long but by using a pair of harness briefs (bought deliberately a size too small) we have found the ideal combination.

The briefs hold the bulbous end of the dildo firmly inside her vagina with the clitoral section in the ideal place for her stimulation and the main section protrudes through the O ring and is perfect for pegging me.

Unlike a harness, because the toy is lodged firmly inside my wife, there is no 'lost movement' from stretching or flex in the harness so my wifes thrusts are transfered directly to the dildo inside me.

We have previously tried normal dildos with harnesses but the system we now use beats them in all respects.

Ah ha...I see. See we looked at a fun factory one off here, share I think it was called, so as for weight/gravity then I have no idea. Pants/briefs might be an idea. I'll speak to the partner later and see what's being said

For us the answer is both. We have a Fun Factory Share XL "strapless" and use it with a custom-made harness (though many harnesses work OK with this type of dildo apparently). AFAIK none of the strapless dildos works well without a harness (they should really be called "doubles" or something - not strapless). This may made them sound pointless but they do give a great connection between you and the wearer really can feel what they are doing to the receiver. It's especially good during penetration as the wearer really can feel that magic moment when the receiver relaxes ready to take it.

Sexterminatrix and I have both harness and strapless, but she greatly prefers the strapless strapons because they’re less hassle to set up.

Her fave by far isn’t sold by LH unfortunately - despite being an Evolved product - but in addition to it being strapless, it has a suction/womanizer-style function for her where there’s usually just a ridged pad, with a little vibrating tongue thing in the middle of the suction hole for extra clitoral simulation.

She thinks it’s mind-blowing and came so hard on its first usage that she even initiated pegging the other day, just to use her “new penis” again. I can’t say I’m complaining about THAT…! :slight_smile: