Student Discount

Hi, I was just in the process of ordering some items and noticed that students get 20% Discount on items. Im not a student and havnt been for far some time. Instead I have been a working tax payer, contributing to the economy, our infrastructure and our future like im sure a lot of your customers are.

I don't get the discount, why someone thats a student should get the same items 20% cheaper?

Lovehoney have amazing sales quite often and they also email discounts regularly to everybody, so it's not like there's never opportunities for others to get money off. It's just helping them out, as plenty of students are living on finance. 

What NatandTom said.

Plus a lot of students have part-time jobs that also contribute to the economy but still have to pay tuition and living expenses. It's not quite fair to generalise saying that we don't contribute at all.

bex1213 wrote:

Plus a lot of students have part-time jobs that also contribute to the economy but still have to pay tuition and living expenses. It's not quite fair to generalise saying that we don't contribute at all.

Couldn't have worded it better myself. Exactly what I was trying to say lol.

As NatandTom have pointed out, Lovehoney are always throwing out discount codes for 10%, 15%, 20%, 25% - even 30%!! Also, with there continuously being sales on all throughout the year, i've never paid full price for anything i've ever bought from Lovehoney.

You also earn points when you spend, which you can then use towards future purchases..

Honestly, if you used google, I'm sure you'll find a discount code within seconds.

I'm curious, are you just against student discounts (many of whom who do work and most likely will contribute to tax as well)?

What is it with this 'oh I'm a working tax payer, I'm more entitled than others' attitude these days? Great, your tax contributions don't actually pay towards Lovehoney discounts but there you go.

It's technically an external company, UNiDAYS, that offers that student discount, not Lovehoney. As others have said, two seconds on google will yeild a discount for you. If it's not 20%, it will be sometime soon. It's not like Lovehoney are showing preference for students or saying working people shouldn't be entitled to a discount too, their actual discounts and sales apply to all customers. They just signed themselves up to a scheme full of other companies who all offer student discounts.

I'm also a student. I know from experience that almost every student struggles with money, and lots have part time jobs just to put food on the table.

I also agree that there are lots of offers out there if you look hard enough.

Plus I bet that LH make alot of money from students, and a student discount will help to attract people to the company. Simple Marketing.

I never said anywhere that Students don't contribute or that because im a tax payer i deserve better treatment. quite the opposite in fact. Just the same would be nice. People are fighting for equality when it suits!

Staedtler wrote:

I never said anywhere that Students don't contribute or that because im a tax payer i deserve better treatment. quite the opposite in fact. Just the same would be nice. People are fighting for equality when it suits!

Not trying to be a dick, but why even bring it up then?

Because i find it hard that a company can choose to charge someone £10 less for a £50 order just because they are a student.

I don't get how it is even legal.

I understand why, yes students struggle financially etc. I just dont understand why its acceptable to diffrentiate between group's of people.

Staedtler wrote:

Because i find it hard that a company can choose to charge someone £10 less for a £50 order just because they are a student.

I don't get how it is even legal.

I understand why, yes students struggle financially etc. I just dont understand why its acceptable to diffrentiate between group's of people.

Student discounts are legal and when you check in to LH `s discount we can all get some discount I have a e-mail every day with offers and discounts so you should find out these kind of things before you shout you mouth off

Staedtler wrote:

Because UNiDAYS is likely funding it or at the very least giving them promotion in order to offer the student discount. Did you never have a student card when you were a student? One that when you flashed it it gave you discounts at various different stores? That's all this is. It's not hard to understand, honestly. Lovehoney signed up to offer a discount in partnership with a company that offers student discounts at various different stores because it obviously benefits them in some way. They send their regular offers to everyone. Hardly them that is differentiating between different groups of people, if you want to complain at anyone complain at UNiDAYS. And all the other companies just like them.

Crikey's people step back a bit! I can see what's he's asking and he is entitled to ask it too! I hate being shot down in flames, it's happened to me on a couple of occasions here and it sucks! There's several reasons why it is what it is, some people won't appreciate the discount awarded, other's need it in their position in life. But let's keep it civil guys please.

I was shot down in flames when I first came here for just starting a new thread for christ sake!

I hope your question has been answered Staedtler, but you need to understand it won't please everyone all the time.

I am guilty of getting a bit sullen about the whole student discount when I know I have less money to spend than most students, (for example my brother who managed a trip to Japan in the summer whilst being a uni student in london). But we were all students at some point and so its not exactly unfair. I just learned that I could have applied for a Student discount card last year, as I've been doing a course alongside my day job, but I finish the course in under two weeks. :L ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif) Doh!

LOL I hope they add a senior citizen discount and more people can complain becuase they are not in the right age group... goodness sakes! It has been said above but sign up for the promor emails from Lovehoney and / or google and you will find a code.

Their profit margins are far higher than the 20% discount that they've giving students. They're encouraging younger people to start buying sex toys while still making a considerable profit, and making more money for the company, having less of a dent in the students wallets and encouraging return business. It's simple marketing, and quite frankly, as a student, I don't give a damn if they're doing it to make profit and not because they care about students. Perhaps you should worry more on why as a working, tax paying adult about the fact that you have to complain that the kids are getting a measly £10 saved on their purchases that are already few and far apart!

Oh look at that... 20% off just popped up in my emails....

i work my ass off 13 hours a and on christmas and new year and can not afford to get a new tv so yes let look after students they get discounts on everything i think its a hard life get use to it kiddies

Have you ever been a student joined the student union and had an NUS card? if so i bet you weren't complaining when you were able to go in to a participating store and get a discount on something you wanted to buy. Many places also offer Mlltary discounts

it's been a long time since i was a student i remember course supplies being very expensive plus there were trips to pay for any money that could be saved with student discount was always welcomed. i've heard some colleges and uni's don't allow students to have jobs so a discount really helps

Lovehoney often put out discounts in e-mails or you can search the web for one i don't know if if student discount and LH discount can be used together i wouldn't have thought so, you can often get LH discounts equal to or greater than 20%

DavidB1986 wrote:

Oh look at that... 20% off just popped up in my emails....

Heh :D