Stupid royal mail.

So I ordered some new toys I couldnt wait for them to arrive.

When I got home I found the wee card to say that they had tried to deliver it but it was too big and needed to be signed for. I have never had to sign for anything from lovehoney before, they normally leave it at the side door for me.

So I went to my local post office and it wasnt there it was at the depo which was 10 miles away, yet it didnt say that on the slip. I didnt have time to get it today and my next day off is monday but I am guessing its shut as its a bank holiday.

I was so looking forward to having a play but now I have to wait even longer!

I swear I think the postman does it on badness because he knows what's in the box! My postie done it once so i stopped him the next day ans he was told to never return items as they are of a matter of importance, so he has been told
To hide them around the back of the house in our secret hiding spot .

Sorry, monday should be fine? Unless i'm mistaken, we've had all our bank holidays for 2013? According to my calender the next one isn't until Christmas? So you should be ok - chances are it may have just been someone new on their rounds - if they've left them before. Or it was just an honest mistake. But unfortunately it happens now and again.

Scotland & N. Ireland have different hols to England

I think Royal Mail employ some posties who like to be awkward - mine always returns my parcel to the depot, despite me instructing him to leave it with our neighbour

Oh dear thats not good i just place a safe place to leave my delivery on my order or if i know i have a delivery i often leave a note on my door to just remind my postie to leave it in my safe place but hes so use to these brown boxers now he needs no note ha ha

I usually order something from Lovehoney so I know I'll be in to claim it, although once or twice I've asked for it to be left in a safe place. First time I did that, the postman didn't even bother to knock or ring the bell and started heading round the back of the house...until he saw that someone (me) was in the lounge through our large bay window! This morning, I was expecting another Lovehoney parcel, and the post was delivered with no sign of my package. I thought something was up and that I was going to be in that 5% that don't get theirs next day. Turns out, they'd left it in the van. It's not like it was a massive or heavy box! Unless their bag was full, I don't see why they couldn't have brought around with the rest of the post!

I swear Royal Mail mess us around for their own amusement...

I am in Scotland and our bank holidays are diffrent.

Our postie is an ass and no matter how many times I have told him to leave things at the side he won't unless its a bloody apple computer that has apple all over the box and he puts it in full view of the street. I have also caught him writing a card even before he has knocked and tried to put it through my door. He was so pissed off when I opened the door to him.

DavidB1986 wrote:

Sorry, monday should be fine? Unless i'm mistaken, we've had all our bank holidays for 2013? According to my calender the next one isn't until Christmas? So you should be ok - chances are it may have just been someone new on their rounds - if they've left them before. Or it was just an honest mistake. But unfortunately it happens now and again.

We've had all our bank holidays for 2013 ?Christmas day ? Boxing day ? mmmm