Suggest a new toy for us

My boyfriend and I are getting into sex toys, some we love, some weren’t a hit. The male master actor was definitely not a hit, however, the cock ring and rabbit vibrator, both of which were bought on deal of the day, were/are amazing! As it’s our one year anniversary soon, I want to buy a new toy to add to our collection, so throw some ideas at me. I recently got a whip, a very tame one, and we both love it, although my oh is worried about hurting me. I have said to him that I’m ok with being hurt when it’s on our terms as it’s not being done in any negative way. It’s a learning curve for us both and one we’re loving! We’ve ventured into the world of some anal, although as yet, neither of us is particularly into a butt plug but we’re not ruling it’s use out completely!

I’d love ideas on new toys, so tell me what you love!!!

1 Like

Do you have a rough budget? And are you looking for toys for use during partnered sex or for solo play too?

Also which rabbit and cock ring do you have? (if they’re from Lovehoney) as this will help know the type of shape/vibrations you like :blush:

2 Likes

Not really thought of a budget, but probably £50-60, it would be for us to use together! Thank you for replying x

1 Like

Hi @Rhilee, like @SexInTheCity said, if you can tell us which cock ring and rabbit vibrator you have, that might help us give better suggestions.

I’m probably not the best person to suggest toys, I’m a fan of anal toys and butt plugs more than anything else. You said you have a whip, I’m just wondering if you’ve considered a blindfold and / or restraints of some sort? You could take turns blindfolding each other and giving the other person a massage if that’s something you might enjoy? Not really a toy as such but I thought I’d throw it out there!

1 Like

These are the 2 we have and love, https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/mantric-rechargeable-rabbit-ears-vibrator--/78158.html And https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-bionic-bullet-5-function-vibrating-cock-ring/31343.html

This didn’t do it for us, sadly! https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/p/lovehoney-ignite-20-function-mini-male-vibrator/75304.html

1 Like

Like @Kitty-Cat01 the first thing that came to my mind was a blindfold and restraints. Maybe like an under the mattress set?

In terms of toys, finger vibes can be a lot of fun and because they are attached to your hand they can feel a lot more intimate than some larger toys. You can either use the toy directly on the skin or you can use the pad of your finger as some vibration will pass through.

The We Vibe Unite is great for PiV sex, although doesn’t always fit everyone’s anatomy. More expensive models help a little with this.

Something simple like a bullet can be good. They can be used anywhere externally on both of you so you can explore each other’s most sensitive spots.

Otherwise, have you had a look at some of Lovehoney’s kits? There are a fair few with a good selection of different types of toy so you can try some different things out.

Wands are also really popular. Mini wands don’t often quite live up to the hype but the Lovehoney classic mains powered wand is within your budget and a great choice. They are big and noisy but they have lots of power and don’t have to be used directly on the genitals to feel good. You can also get attachments for them so they can be pretty versatile.

3 Likes

We have used a blindfold in the past, and probably should revisit. Not sure how much info to give, as were in our 40’s, we’ve obviously got past experience, although I was in a loveless and sexless marriage for many years, so I feel so happy and excited to have met someone so perfect in so many ways, something I never thought I would!! Xx

3 Likes

Thank you, I’ll definitely look up some of those things! Xx

This may be a naive question, what is the difference between a wand and a normal vibrator?! I’m happy to increase the budget if it increases the fun!!! Xx

1 Like

A wand is just a type of vibrator.

I think a good wand is definitely a staple if you enjoy clitoral stimulation and this can be used during partnered sex. I personally find wands easier to hold than things like bullets and give a bit more options for what positions you can use them in. Which one for you will be based on preferences, how strong you like the vibrations and frequency - rumbly or buzzy. Mains powered wands are generally more powerful and rumbly so your partner may also feel the vibrations - I love the LH Deluxe Extra Powerful, but the classic gets good reviews too and is a bit cheaper and within your budget.

I really love the We-vibe Couples Vibe but they do tend to be a bit love or hate and can depend on your anatomy. I unfortunately don’t have this specific model (they don’t do the one I have anymore) but I feel it provides something really different for penetrative sex.

I really rate this stroker (particularly with the price!). Can be used as a stroker or as an addition during oral.

Do restraints interest you at all? There’s some really good starter kits that are reasonable and give a good mixture for you to try out and see what works for you :blush:

Thank you, definitely a few things to look at there! We’ve not tried restraints, but are happy to try. We both agree that we are happy to try most things, but if either of us doesn’t like it, then we won’t do it again!

I guess it depends what you enjoy but when we were playing around a few years back we tried a blindfold and very quickly found ourselves going down the light bondage route. The blindfold went from a soft sleep mask to a much sexier leather thing, a couple of sets of handcuffs / thigh restraints, then a ballgag, leading on to open mouth gag.

If you’ve tried a blindfold and liked it then maybe explore that route. If the whip was good then try some nipple clamps? We are the same as you about pain - has to be controlled and not done in a negative way, wife loves wearing the collar and nipple clamp set that we bought when she’s in the right mood.

1 Like

If you haven’t got a decent bullet, I’d heavily recommend that.

It’ll fit in any sex position, and some, like the desire or Tracey Cox squishy one are simply great toys. The Tracey Cox Supersex squishy rechargeable one is a firm favourite in our house, followed by the desire bullet.

Wands are generally much more powerful. Sometimes too much - that’s why I’d recommend a quality bullet 1st. That shouldn’t be too much and will 99% sure hit the orgasm mark for you. If you find you like the bullets at max power, then moving on to a wand would be good.

Some wands are more powerful at lowest settings than bullets at highest settings. It can be quite a step up.

1 Like

I’m a real wand fan. As for me, that’s the best type of toy. I got this one for my birthday this year and wow that’s amazing. Actually, that’s my first Lovehoney toy and I got really impressed with it.

1 Like

Hi, don’t rule out Butt plugs, just take some time when your in your own to insert yourself. It gets a lot easier over time trust me, I also would recommend a hitachi wand -

Something like that and mains powered, no worries about it dying mid session and more powerful in my opinion.

Hi Rhilee,
My wife and I are also new to toys and recently brought Tracey Cox vibrating love egg with remote control and I can tell you we are loving it, highly recommend and if you’re feeling brave wear it while out for a walk with your boyfriend in control of the remote you won’t know what’s coming (or maybe you will :joy:)
Hope this helps

2 Likes

That sounds quite fun

I think most of the things I would suggest have been suggested with explanations already but to add my vote

Restrains, either cuffs, under the mattress or even door frame are all great fun. Extra advantage that they can be combined with any other toy.

Anal probe, you’ve mentioned butt plugs but I find a nice suitable probe to be great fun and a good way to warm up for more fun in the area. Something with a flared base to avoid it getting sucked into the black hole. Avoid mixing bum with vagina with toys, and even sharing isn’t great, so maybe a his and hers.

A body massager and oils

Flavoured lube can lead to some interesting encounters and again might be useable with certain toys and most certainly restraints.

More of the satsfyer range