Surprise Intimate Piercings

I'm a piercing virgin at the moment but I've really wanted to get my nipples done for some time and also a clit hood piercing. Just in passing conversation I mentioned nipple percing to my boyfriend when he was looking at Kylie Jenner and he said 'it looked cool' so I think he is not against piercings. We are going on holiday for Xmas and I won't see him until then so I was thinking of getting the piercings I want this week and surprising him. Does this sound a good idea or should I discuss it more with him?

I had mine done, too. I also had problems so let it heal up - I'm not as brave a MM!

ETA: LH sells magnetic nipple clamps and some rings, too. You could always try them before going the whole hog. 

I would leave it right now; your piercings will not be anywhere near healed before you go away so you'd not be able to get up to any mischeif and could still be pretty uncomfortable while you're on holiday. That would be a bit of a crap surprise for him rather than a fun one, I'm sure.

I'd also leave the clitoral hood until you know you can take a piercing and have it heal properly, you don't want that as your first! Not to mention see if you like the sensation of having a piece of metal in your body at all. Not everyone does, no matter how much they like the idea of it.

Agree with the magenetic piercings, you could totally grab them as a surprise and see what his reaction is :)

I remember surprising my ex with a hood piercing. He hated it and was really annoyed I had let a man do that to me and that I hadn't discussed it with him first. I thought he would love it so I was gutted. My advice would be to discuss it first. If he gives you the go ahead then you can still surprise him by not telling him when you are getting it done. At the same time though it's your body so the ultimate decision is up to you x

I have my left nipple pierced, with a 9ct gold bar in it. I spoke with OH as I wanted it done, my X was dead against it, but OH was not bothered. Safe to say he loves it now.

Important go to a GOOD piercer. I can recomend "thou art" in Sheffield. It's an hour away by train but it was totally worth it to get the care and perfect piercing I have now. Always get a titanium piercing stud/bar/ring, much less chance of infection. Good pierces will only use titanium. The piercer also sent me away for an hour to make sure I wanted it done, another sign of a good piercer.

DONT drink before going, if you can't do it sober don't do it.

As for clit hood piercings timing is crucial, make sure it's just after you finish your period, maximum healing time before next period, reduces risk of infection.

I hope this helps. If you want it done do it for you no one else.

I had my nipple pierced for around a year and it didn't heal in that whole time!! It was agony for about 2 weeks, after that it become easier and didn't hurt at much, but it would constantly be 'crusty' in a morning, every morning I would have to clean it with antiseptic wash. After a year I had enough of it, and took it out, it always seemed sensitive but numb at the same time and it was just an annoyance more than anything.

Your body, youuuuur body, yoouuuur booooody.

But yeah, don't do it now, or all at once :')
You'll be all ouchy and sore so you won't be able to have any fun, and healing multiple piercings makes it harder/longer.

MysticalMayhem wrote:

I'd discuss it with him first. PLUS... Discuss it with a reputable piercing artist. I've had my hood pierced a total of 4 TIMES and each time it's either gone wrong or rejected. It's not as easy as it looks and sounds.

4 TIMES?!

MrsMcX wrote:

I had my nipple pierced for around a year and it didn't heal in that whole time!! It was agony for about 2 weeks, after that it become easier and didn't hurt at much, but it would constantly be 'crusty' in a morning, every morning I would have to clean it with antiseptic wash. After a year I had enough of it, and took it out, it always seemed sensitive but numb at the same time and it was just an annoyance more than anything.

Did it take long to heal after removing the jewellry?

Impossible to be absolutely positive without having examined the wound; however, unless you' d had an infection confirmed by a doctor/nurse it sounds like a normal, sticky (hence crustiness) discharge called serous exudate. Given the lengthy period you say it continued for, it may well indicate sensitivity to the jewellry material.

I had my nipples done 2 weeks ago, I had a week of being really sore and sensitive if I touched them, and now it's just a bit crusty. Ask around the tattoo shops near you, they'll be able to recommend a good piercer, and go and talk to the piercer a few days before you plan on having it done, just to ask questions about bar vs ring etc.

As for clitoral hood, again go in and speak to them. They'll be able to give you the best advice, possibly have a look and discuss with you how it'll sit day to day and what to expect etc.

Whilst it's nice to get your OH to weigh in, at the end of the day it is your body, you get the final say! :)

Both myself and my wife have had our nipples peirced, and mine stretched up to 6mm, I would definitely leave it till after your holidays, asit can take up to 3 months for them to heal and sometimes longer. With being on holiday you might not be able to apply the aftercare required to help them heal correctly.

What ever you decide to do Enjoy the experience,

My wife has hers done so too her clit hood(vch) and both inner labia, "down there" heals much faster than your nips and is far less painfull than having your nipples done my wife says. Bioplast or titainium is best, rings not bars for labia(or at least after they've healed, as bars can fall/get pulled out of the stretchy skin and disappear! as we've found out)

Your nipples can take months to heal properly, one took a year to stop being crusty, if you're brave you could have your outers(labia) done, these can take some serious pulling once healed, but take longer to heal.

Piereced nipples make no difference to breastfeeding(generally) either if thats a question once removed, who ever you're feeding![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)