Suspender strap struggles

Hahaha!
Well my hubby doesn’t seem to mind helping :wink:

3 Likes

Can I ask a similar question? Are there good tips with hold ups? I have a big issue with mine staying up! They keep rolling down… I have larger thighs. Sorry to hijack

1 Like

@Shelly24 - After experiencing the same thing and reading reviews on the site where I buy from, I’ve found there’s a difference between “hold ups” and “stay ups”.

From what I can tell, stay ups stay up on their own, hold ups need to be held up. I bought hold ups and they kept falling down without the suspender, but the stay ups stay up without.

From the name, I thought “hold ups” would stay up on their own.

:grin:

2 Likes

That’s brilliant thank you! I have never heard of stay ups!! I’ll have a look. :blush:

1 Like

There’s all sorts of information on different sites, but just the one I buy from has the 2 types, and a lot of complaints about hold ups falling down. :roll_eyes:

Haha I always struggle with this.
What I do it I turn my right root out and twist my body. I also make sure I loosen the straps the most they go as it’s so much easier to attach that was and then I tighten them afterwards.

1 Like

Hi @Shelly24 I have exactly the same problem. I have found that the best ones have 2 strips of the sticky plastic stuff rather than just one thick strip if that makes any sense? Having 2 strips means that, if the top one peels off, you have a bit of time before the 2nd one goes! I’ve found that some clothes washing liquids make the strips less sticky too, it’s worth trying to wash them with different types of washing liquid in case this makes a difference.

3 Likes

Hey @Kitty-Cat01 that’s brilliant thank you so much! :blush:

2 Likes

@Delboy1991 I don’t know why I never thought of this :joy: been twisting in front of mirrors, legs over head trying tog et the back ones done every time

3 Likes

@Utah1997 - it’s a great stretching routine though. :joy:

2 Likes

@Jade48 i even tried the trick on the chair and being one legged was definitely not great for my balance!!! after a while you are right you get used to the stretching!

Definitely showed up my ex when I was better at attaching them than she was :joy:

3 Likes

@Utah1997 - following some advise on here, I tried just putting them on as normal, just with the straps loose, it worked a treat, but seemed to take the fun out of it. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve tried putting it all together like a kitset, attach the stocking to the suspenders before putting them on. Doesn’t work for me, so perservere with the loose straps then tighten them when in place. :grin:

I just can’t wait to try and figure this one out with my new lace body suit with built in suspenders, 3 straps on each side. I should record this one on video, in case I don’t make it! :rofl:

3 Likes

I will look forward to seeing that video. @Jade48

1 Like

I used to struggle with them before but I’ve learnt it’s best to have them all at their max length, attach them, then tighten them to where you want them to be. It makes it a lot easier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!

2 Likes

Hold ups unless you really like framing the twig and berries with suspender straps.

Why have I only just come across this post… I think more woman should know things like this :rofl: got my new LH suspenders and underwear to try out so will give the new method a try!

3 Likes

It’s still fun trying at every given opportunity.

I’m going to experiment with my new knickers with built in “removable” suspenders. I’ll attach the suspenders to the stockings, put the knickers on then put the stockings on and attach them to the knickers.

:bum2: :stockings:

1 Like

Neither of us are massively turned on by suspenders and stockings and the faff assembling them really isn’t worth it for us. Fortunately most of the LH lingerie has removable suspenders which is perfect. If we do occasionally want the look then we go for hold-ups.

1 Like

If you are wearing seams - you’ll need some help getting them pin sharp straight - the help from an OH is ideal for this. Before they get messed up of course……