Suspender strap struggles

Could someone please give me some tips and tricks for attaching the back suspender straps.

Had my legs practically round my head last night and still couldn’t get them attached, thankfully they were removable so the ones at the back got removed, my partner was getting fed up waiting downstairs :laughing:

Am I missing something obvious ?!

5 Likes

I attach them first and then put it on as if I would a body stocking x

7 Likes

Yup same as @Delboy1991, I attach everything first and slide it on!

6 Likes

Exactly like @Delboy1991 said! Attach to the stockings first, then put the stockings on and then the suspender belt (or attach the suspenders to the knickers / basque). Took me years to work this one out!

5 Likes

Thank you everyone, will try clipping everything first next time :see_no_evil:

It took longer to get it all on then the amount of time it stayed on :joy:

8 Likes

Omg guys … I never even thought of attaching them first.
I literally have to get MrCupc8kes to come and help me get mine on - every single time :see_no_evil:
@k8xxx great question.
Deffo going to give this a try now!

8 Likes

Haha @Cupc8kes glad it wasn’t just me :laughing:

3 Likes

@Cupc8kes and @k8xxx :rofl: Love it! I was exactly the same. It used to take me ages and then didn’t stay on much longer anyway. It felt like a workout trying to get them on, especially if also attached to a corset that was tight! I can’t believe it took me so long to work out the easy option (about 10 years :flushed:)

2 Likes

Lol, I was wearing a corset last night, definitely a work out :laughing:

3 Likes

@k8xxx bet Mr K8 wasn’t complaining at that :joy:. OH does like the others have already said but it’s usually suspender tights or body stocking she will wear

2 Likes

Here’s some advice from Jess:

(click on the down arrow in the quote header to expand the full quote :+1:)

2 Likes

Thanks @Ian_Chimp :smile:

Hubby is going to be well impressed with me and my new skills later :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you @Ian_Chimp thats really useful

Although I think I also need some more patience if it’s going to take this long :laughing:

1 Like

I learnt the hard way. I used to put on the outfit and then try to hook on the stockings and get totally hot, flustered and worn out before I even finished getting ready, til one day the penny dropped and I hooked them on first and then put the whole outfit on in one.

3 Likes

Yes, all of the above. But it can also help to be very flexible. I get into some interesting positions attaching suspenders to stockings, I must video it one day for a laugh. I tend to wear stay up stockings now, with or without the suspenders, I find everything stays in place better and for longer, so frequent adjustments aren’t necessary.

2 Likes

@jade48, I mostly wear stay up stockings with my suspenders as they really do help. But that’s where I had the most difficulty trying to get the thick top into the suspender loop. Also can laugh as I too got into some very peculiar positions trying to get them on and in. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So glad this question was asked, I was just thinking about it yesterday! Seems like it should be such a simple thing and yet so many of us have the same struggles. I will definitely be trying some of these strategies, thank you ladies!

1 Like

@MrsG1 - I remember watching a movie years ago and seeing a woman getting dressed in stockings and suspenders. She put one stocking on, then put her foot on a chair and effortlessly attached the suspender strap, then repeated with the other leg. I tried that and ended up in a heap on the ground. :rofl:

4 Likes

:laughing: you really can’t believe what you see in the movies, it’s never quite the same in real. X

3 Likes

@Cupc8kes this is the correct way to do it. Everyone else is wrong! :hugs: Kneeling down behind my OH to help her get dressed in stockings is a perfect way to start an evening.

2 Likes