Suspender straps too long

Hey guys. I ordered this item http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33912

and it's so gorgeous I love it!

The only problem is that the suspender straps are too long. Even fully tightened they're still very loose and they're not holding up the stockings effectively. I'm average height so I'm surprised they're not fitting right.

Does anyone else have the same problem with suspenders? Luckily they're removable so I could replace them with shorter straps but I have no idea where to buy them from.

Can anyone help? xx

I also have this problem, but I'm 5ft so have come to expect it!

I have just removed mine and wear them with hold ups, which just stay up on their own so you still have the same affect. My partner barely notices the difference.

Can't link to competitors or other sites here, but you could always try a google search for shorter straps if you'd prefer to use the suspenders.

Hope that helped x

NatandTom wrote:

I also have this problem, but I'm 5ft so have come to expect it!

I have just removed mine and wear them with hold ups, which just stay up on their own so you still have the same affect. My partner barely notices the difference.

Can't link to competitors or other sites here, but you could always try a google search for shorter straps if you'd prefer to use the suspenders.

Hope that helped x

I always have this issue but I'm only 5ft 4" very frustrating if you find a solution I'll be keen to know sorry not much help

A quick snip and a bit of sewing could remedy the situation as well, I suppose...

I'm 5ft 2" so have this problem as well! Not much of a sewer either unfortunately. Could do with a petite range of lingerie x

Just realised your avi is zindy zone. I love her artwork soo much!!

I'm 5'2 so I have this problem all the time

Just like Nat I now wear hold ups and remove the suspender clips

Yes, I have this problem too ....thought it was just me till I read this ! I'm nearly 5ft5 and even after I've tightened the straps to the max they still look a little baggy and never as tight and smooth as the ones on the model on the packaging.

I have thought about doing some alterations but my sewing skills are a bit rubbish to say the least ! I know I could wear hold ups instead but I quite like the feeling of suspenders ;)

Wow - firstly that is really pretty.

I guess feedback to Lovehoney would be the first step, at least then they can feed back to the manufacturer, (or their own design team if its an 'own' product).

Moving on from there I would think there are a few alternatives, some of which mentioned above:

* Wear holdups instead - Very nice in their own right, but not quite the same look if you are after a specific look.

* Snip the existing stiching on one end, and re-sew shorter. - Would work well, but dependant on your sewing skills :)

* Google for shorter replacements (don't know if there are any available, I've not googled!)

* The pander to me thread: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1266013-pander-to-me/
If all the people that are having issues were to post on there a request for shorter suspender straps it might be an accessory that Lovehoney lingerie could create (or source) and stock.

Whichever of the options you go for I'd would certainly recommend posting on the "Pander to Me" thread anyway, you never know your luck :)

wildflower wrote:

I have thought about doing some alterations but my sewing skills are a bit rubbish to say the least ! ....

That's not an alteration that demands sewing skills! It's a simply case of needle in - needle out (the most difficult bit being getting the thread into the needle. And avoiding to prick your finger, but as the item is black blood stains won't show). Actually, you might even get away using fabric glue! (I have no experience with it and thus can't really recommend it, but it might be worth a try. Though learning basic stitching will come in handy for sewing buttons - and LH charms - back on, as well).

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Just realised your avi is zindy zone. I love her artwork soo much!!

I love her too, I stumbled across her about 10 years ago and I just love this fairy picture!

Thanks for all of your replies, glad I'm not the only one! I just thought that 5ft 5 was average height and I wouldn't have to worry about this. I'll definitely post on the pander to me thread, great idea.

I thought about cutting them and restitching but I just think it will ruin them! Hold ups are pretty but I just love the look of suspenders. Boo!!

I've tried google and not had any luck. I used to buy from La Senza years ago and never had a problem with their suspenders, they always fit fine.