Taking the next step.

Helloooo ^_^

For a while now, I've been talking about the guy I'm curently seeing and I feel like we should take the next step and make a relationship official but I'm not ure how to bring it up to him or if he'll want to as he didn't this time last year.

Basically we've been best friends for 3 years, been sleeping with each other for almost a year, we almost got a flat togethe but due to financial circumstances we couldn't. We're in the same year at university and I am just smitten by this guy. He makes me feel like I've never felt before, even with my ex, and I feel so comfortable around him & sad when we're not together, when apart we skype and text, we're going out to his favourtie restaurant in a few days to celebrate exams being over with and I was contemplating bringing the 'should we take the next step' conversation but I'm a little unsure as to how to do it and even if it's a good idea as I'm scared he'll say no then stop what we are doing just now.

Has anyone got any advice or tip that I could use? I'd be so very grateful Xx

You are in a relationship and should make it official. You are sleeping together so I wouldn't understand why he would have a problem with it.

All the best

He obviously really likes you so I can't see any reason why he would say no. I think after a year it's understandable that you would want to make things official and I would be surprised if he hadn't been thinking about it also. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I wish you the best of luck xx

well what is he under the impression you two are? are you supposed to be some sort of fwb? because if not, literally just say how you feel :) it sounds like you two are basically "together" :)

What do you mean "make it official"?

Is this like updating your status on Facebook? If so, then it is not important. especially If your friends and family already know.
If not then be happy and just tell people, personally I have never had an issue with saying the truth about relationship status.

My first thought would be to try and answer my partner when they asked "why wont you tell people about us?" And for the life of me I can not perceive of a good answer to that one.

So, if you are happy, then just be that, and iif you want to tell people then tell them, if not dont.
Does it really matter if you have to tell someone? they'll find out eventually anyway.

Your smile will give it away ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

We agreed to be exclusive and not look for anyone else, as we do have emotions for one another.  Making it official, I mean like saying we are in a relationship and are parteners, nothing to do with social media or telling people, just making it official we are in a relationship.  Is it this 'title' thing that puts guys off? I think this might be it as thing swouldn't change if we made it official but I do wonder if this is why he hasn't tried to take it further.

"We agreed to be exclusive and not look for anyone else, as we do have emotions for one another."

I thought that was like the defintion of relationship...... ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) literally just say "hey it's been a year, we like each other, can we officially say we're together?" and he'll probably just be like duh yeah

Thanks, I will try that, I just think it's time we become official as everyone assumes we are & I have so much emotion for this guy that it feels like the right time.

Just ask him out. He's not going to turn you down as you are already together.

Nothing to lose,go for it your hearts telling you to do it so do it!

Good luck hun!

popk1n wrote:

"We agreed to be exclusive and not look for anyone else, as we do have emotions for one another."

I thought that was like the defintion of relationship...... ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) literally just say "hey it's been a year, we like each other, can we officially say we're together?" and he'll probably just be like duh yeah

+1 to this! Keep us posted xx