Talking about avatar's............

anybody seen the film Avatar? Lovefilm sent me it , but haven't got round to watching it ( think its the 3hrs running time thats putting me off). Anybody rate this film?

I quite liked it, it's got some action, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, adventure etc.. So a bit of everything.

The graphics are fantastic.. I became quite submersed in the film. I think it may be one of those "better on the big screen" films or at least have a good sound system or headphones at home. I watched it 3 times (different people) twice in the cinema and once at home. I found all the times good but I do have a good sound system and tv. I found the pace of the film to be very good which made it much easier for the audience to get involved, as mentioned above the graphics are really quite amazing.

In conclusion, I think Avatar is definitely a film to see. Yes, it is quite long but just get a relaxing seat, lots of snacks and watch it ;)

Thanks for the review, think i'll watch it tomorrow/today.

the tv show now known as : Film2011 with Emily Blenkins

Haha, let me know what you think ^.^

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

I quite liked it, it's got some action, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, adventure etc.. So a bit of everything.

The graphics are fantastic.. I became quite submersed in the film. I think it may be one of those "better on the big screen" films or at least have a good sound system or headphones at home. I watched it 3 times (different people) twice in the cinema and once at home. I found all the times good but I do have a good sound system and tv. I found the pace of the film to be very good which made it much easier for the audience to get involved, as mentioned above the graphics are really quite amazing.

In conclusion, I think Avatar is definitely a film to see. Yes, it is quite long but just get a relaxing seat, lots of snacks and watch it ;)

This is pretty much what my OH thinks. He relaly liked the film (I've never seen it!). Apparently the graphics are amazing.

I'm not a film watcher but I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Angel x

The storyline leaves a lot to be desired - well it's alright - but unimaginative. It's just Pocahontas redone.

Good in 3D though.

Adx

Bf and me went to watch it and it can be appealing for both genders... its an action film with the romantic touch and the fantasy world is gorgeous.

Saw both the original and the extended version in 3D Imax - the only way to watch it! The dragons are nice.

Never watched, thought about watching it, just never happened.

i saw it at the cinema but wasnt impressed at all.

Pocahontas

Fern Gully

Dances With Wolves

Its all the same story.

just my 2ps worth

Seen this a few times and have to agree with what Emily said its a really good movie, its slow in some parts but the gfx and what not in it are pretty good! If you have a decent tv and sound system it will really add to the effects though ive not used my bsose system in a while as one speaker is broke lol.

Long movie but definally worth sitting there and watching the whole movie and im the type of person that loses interest in a movie quickly if im not enjoying it.

I alwats check movies out at imdb.com and Avatar has a rating of 8.2/10 says it all really!