Tango lacking oomph

I'm having problems with my We-vibe Tango.

It comes out to play regularly and for long sessions. I always fully recharge it straight away. But the next time I use it the vibes feel weak - almost like a battery bullet when the battery is running low, but usually rechargables keep going at top strength and then just cut out completely when they run out of juice.

If I plan ahead and pop it on to charge for 20 mins before use it is strong enough but otherwise it is too weak to be effective. Means I can't use it spontaneously and it's always been my go to - that or the Desire. It isn't very old.

Anyone else finding that their Tango loses strength in between uses?

I've not had this problem myself, but the Tango battery is NiMH rather than Li-ion/Lithium Polymer so may be suffering from a bit of a memory problem (it's a lot rarer in NiMH than the old NiCd ones, but it can still happen). If you drain it until it's empty, and then charge it until it's full that can often help.

Failing that, if it's been less than a year then it's still under warranty. 👍🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've not had this problem myself, but the Tango battery is NiMH rather than Li-ion/Lithium Polymer so may be suffering from a bit of a memory problem (it's a lot rarer in NiMH than the old NiCd ones, but it can still happen). If you drain it until it's empty, and then charge it until it's full that can often help.

Failing that, if it's been less than a year then it's still under warranty. 👍🙂

I'll try that, if I must ;-) Tough job, but all in the call of duty.

I've had problems charging it before and that turned out to be because I hadn't run it down enough. But it is the one I reach for with MrR because it is quiet but still powerful.

I bought it when there was some big offer on, last August - so still under warranty. I just wondered if anyone else had found this happening - I don't like returning things!

Is that a different sort of battery to other brands? Desire / Mantric?

Thanks.

Most of the others seem to be Li-ion or Lithium Polymer. They don't seem to sufffer from the Memory Effect, and so don't mind the 'top-up' charges as much as the NiMH ones (though even they like a full drain and recharge every now and again). Ideally I think I'd wait until the Tango was flashing/getting weak before charging it. 👍

Ian Chimp wrote:

Most of the others seem to be Li-ion or Lithium Polymer. They don't seem to sufffer from the Memory Effect, and so don't mind the 'top-up' charges as much as the NiMH ones (though even they like a full drain and recharge every now and again). Ideally I think I'd wait until the Tango was flashing/getting weak before charging it. 👍

Thank you - I'll give it a go. Full drain, full recharge.

I can wait until the low battery light is flashing, but it loses strength in terms of vibes in the meantime so that makes it unusable.

It is always used for about 30-40 mins and then recharged. It should be good to go because if it isn't then it can't be a 'go to' toy. It is very frustrating because, when it is at it's best, it is the bullet we both enjoy.

I always drain mine to the death and have never had a problem with it.

I should say them as I bought a spare when it was on offer so I use one to the death then use the other to the death if you see what I mean. I initially bought the spare to keep at mine but I spend much more time at my partner's these days.

Not being nosy, but how long do you use it for per session? Mine flashes for quite a while when it's low so I can usually use it a few times from first flash to putting on charge.

I use it for 30-45 mins. But if if I just fish it out of the bedside drawer it feels weak until I charge it for a bit. I use it every 1-2 weeks. I don't get as far as the flashing 'low battery' light as it is already losing power before then - as I said, like a battery bullet running on low.

MsR wrote:

I use it for 30-45 mins. But if if I just fish it out of the bedside drawer it feels weak until I charge it for a bit. I use it every 1-2 weeks. I don't get as far as the flashing 'low battery' light as it is already losing power before then - as I said, like a battery bullet running on low.

I've had one rechargeable toy that feels like it's getting weaker as I'm using it (I can't remember which one now - I'm not very keen on this old age lark).

Neither of my newish Tangos have done this, though. I just get the flashing light that when I haven't noticed (or have ignored), it dies.

Even my old pale blue Tango with the round charger doesn't lose power. It just dies a lot quicker than the pink ones.

Oops, I meant to add maybe you should give it a few good runs until it flashes, then re-charge, then kill it again to see if that helps.

Maybe this will kind of re-set it. I was going through the We-Vibe site last night and it mentions re-setting one of their toys and how to do it (but I can't remember which one!!). I think it was one of the newer ones as I wasn't looking at the older models.

Thanks, VR. I'll check out the We-vibe site and drain my Tango and fully charge it a couple of times after the weekend. It is definitely weakening rather than needing charging - too weak to be effective but I'll try turning it on and leaving it under a pillow to drain.

Just talked to my missus about hers as it is a go to... She says it generally only goes weak when pressing it harder on to her clit.... In terms of weakness generally not.

Well, I had a very pleasant morning draining my Tango ;-)

I made sure it was on full charge to start with. It lasted for about an hour on the highest constant setting (yes, legs still shaking) but the vibes definitely got a lot weaker for the last 20 mins before it just cut out. Audibly so. I'd epect the cutting out at the end, but it is usually battery toys which get weaker if the batteries are old.

It's now fully charged up again, ready for next time. But it does get weaker - not my imagination.

I've emailed We-vibe to see if this is to be expected.

I was hoping that a full drain and recharge would reset it back to its old self again. It shouldn't dip in power, so I'd replace it if I were you. 👍

Ian Chimp wrote:

I was hoping that a full drain and recharge would reset it back to its old self again. It shouldn't dip in power, so I'd replace it if I were you. 👍

Now that I've drained it from fully charged and recharged it, I'm going to rinse and repeat later this week. Then we'll see. It might be ok, but if not it is still under warranty.

Thanks for your help.

I heard back from We-vbe with some interesting advice which I thought I'd pass on here in case it helps anyone else (I've deleted the obvious stuff about making sure it is charging properly with clean connectors and the orange light on):

"We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Tango. Here are a few things you may try to solve the issue. Before trying the troubleshooting below, please hold down the on/off button for 10-15 seconds, this will reboot the unit and kick it out of any abnormal state. When taking off the charger wait 4 seconds before turning the unit on (there is a delay to protect the battery).

If the unit is fully charged when plugged in, the light will come on for approximately 10-15 minutes before determining the charge is complete and shutting off."

We-vibe offer a year's warranty for faulty products - so do Lovehoney :-)

Oooh. You should pop that in the First Saturday thread too. 👍

Will do x

I've heard of this before... And always wondered if it was to do with the charging style of the Tango.... Eventually, I think it just gave up the ghost, which is a terrible shame as its a good bit of kit!

I knew I'd read something about re-setting when I looked on their site last week. Good to know it works for the non-app toys as well.

Thanks for posting and I hope it sorts yours out.

Well, I reached for my Tango yesterday and thought it had lost strength again. I gave it a top up charge for 20 mins and that pepped it up, but it means I can't use it spontaneously. So I used Live Chat and can return it for a replacement - great service as always from Lovehoney, although I do feel guilty for asking. It is too good a bullet to lose, though, and still under warranty.