Tango went and blew itself up?!

I plugged my We-Vibe Tango in and left it before I came to bed. So I noticed after taking it out its light was still flashing but on closer inspection it seems to have blown.. it has a really large cracking down its side! How the hell? To say I am gutted is an understatement.. I could cry, it's my favourite vibrator.

It's still working and the light has gone off now but obviously has this split down its side so I'm not willing to risk it.

Looks like its over heated during charging but has this happened to anyone before? If anyone wants me ill be sulking in bed for the rest of the month until I can save for a new one :(

Is it still within warranty WC?? This has happened to me also! If it's not in warranty you could try hitting We-Vibe up on Twitter about it. A few people have had this issue (I asked on Twitter when mine cracked)It looks like to me that it over heated causing the plastic to expand and crack.

If in last 12 months..lh will most likely replace it...get onto customer services xx

Aww, that's such ashame, it's horrible when toys break. I was going to write as others have, if you purchased it within the last 12 months you could return it and get a replacement. Hope it works out for you chic xxxx

Nothing quite like that has happened to me but my Tango also broke while on charge - after about an hour of charging it had gone incredibly hot on the surface (I suddenly smelled a plasticky stench coming from the direction of the Tango so I decided to check it) so I disconnected it and left it to cool down. In about one minute it turned on, fell off my bedside table and rattled about on my hardwood floor, getting dented on the surface. I eventually managed to catch it and switch it off by pressing the control button. Then it went completely dead, never to switch on again.

So, I rather suspect that while Tangos are oh-so-good when they work properly, they can also be really troublesome...

Oh no! I have been thinking of getting one for a while, is it a common problem do you know? X

Oh dear! I'm not surprised though, when I had mine it used to overheat so much and actually burn me when I was using it or charging it. As much as I loved the tango, it's just so unsafe!

I loooove my Tangos but I keep hearing about other people's overheating and dying :( try contacting We-Vibe as their customer service is really good, or if you got it from Lovehoney and it's within 12 months you can always return it!

Oh no :( That is such a shame. I echo what everyone else has said, contact lh if within 12 months, if not then definitely contact We-vibe. I really hope you get something sorted Hun xxx

Boogaloo and sleepycelia - so overheating is not a rare occurence in these toys, after all. Well, in that case I am glad I had disconnected mine before it blew itself up like Wildcherry's...

Hey guys, Thanks so much for the responses. Sadly it's not within LH returns policy as its gone over the period but I'll hit up Twitter cause I'm just shocked and it's not even 2 years old! I have never had this happen to a toy before.

Weirdly I have always had this thing about this happening to a toy I leave charging and literally had a thought in my head about leaving it when I plugged it in. Half an hour later I checked it, it was fine but not fully charged so I came back an hour later to that.

Briona87 wrote:

Nothing quite like that has happened to me but my Tango also broke while on charge - after about an hour of charging it had gone incredibly hot on the surface (I suddenly smelled a plasticky stench coming from the direction of the Tango so I decided to check it) so I disconnected it and left it to cool down. In about one minute it turned on, fell off my bedside table and rattled about on my hardwood floor, getting dented on the surface. I eventually managed to catch it and switch it off by pressing the control button. Then it went completely dead, never to switch on again.

So, I rather suspect that while Tangos are oh-so-good when they work properly, they can also be really troublesome...

See that is my worst nightmare right there, what if it was on a carpet or something? It was fully charged but its light wouldn't stop going off so I suspected something had fried but when it cooled down the light stopped. It's still working this morning but I don't want to risk using it with a crack in it. Use extra caution I guess guys, it has honestly surprised me and I would of never imagined something like this to have happened to the Tango.

I had been looking at the tango, but this has Definately put me off. At least the toy broke without causing and damage to your house, it could have caused a fire!

Who would have thought sex toys could be so dangerouse.

My Tango overheats everytime it's on charge. It also is very tempermental about when it wants to work or not and it's little light of doom flashes constantly.

I want to send it back, but it was part of the pleasure mate set with the g-spot toy and butt plug and I really want to keep those so...yeah. I either keep them and have a faulty dick of a Tango or send it all back and get a refund or just the pink one (which I guess is being fussy but I don't like) since Lovehoney don't stock the set anymore to give a replacement...:/

I kind of hate the Tango for being so amazing but being so crap at the same time. Stupid sex toy *grumbles*

This thread has very nearly convinced me that what happened to my Tango was not my fault and that I should actually send my faulty one back without feeling particularly guilty about it...

Lovebirds_x wrote:

My Tango overheats everytime it's on charge. It also is very tempermental about when it wants to work or not and it's little light of doom flashes constantly.

I want to send it back, but it was part of the pleasure mate set with the g-spot toy and butt plug and I really want to keep those so...yeah. I either keep them and have a faulty dick of a Tango or send it all back and get a refund or just the pink one (which I guess is being fussy but I don't like) since Lovehoney don't stock the set anymore to give a replacement...:/

I kind of hate the Tango for being so amazing but being so crap at the same time. Stupid sex toy *grumbles*

Ah Lovebirds that totally sucks, shame LH don't stock it anymore. Maybe you could get in touch with We-vibe customer services and see what they say about it as there's obviously a problem. Yeh now people are saying mine use to over heat occasionally when charging, husband thought I was nuts about it until last night!

It was the pretty purple edition too.. I don't want a pink one :'(

Is this the tango bullet vibe we are talking about? Could someone add a link because I am not sure what toy this is about :( xx

i have had no end of issues with my tango at first it was amazing i rated it highly in my reviews,but after a year or so it  became weak and temprametal, ive also had the same issues with over heating,right now it has a mind of its own, It seems my tango enjoys to tango on its own and when it wants to lol at the price i expected more usage out of it 

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30320

Thanks foxxy, x
That really sucks I wanted one of them so bad :( this has put me off big time. :/ xx