Tattoo's

Suppose it's a bit of a mixed subject but at the grand old age of 43 I've been seriously thinking about getting one. I'm not really into the coloured inks as I much prefer the black style. But at 43, have I left it a little late ?

Liked the idea of getting my kids names inked but unsure what kind of style i would prefer.

Also, the pain ?? Is it really that bad as I thought I had a pretty high pain threshold and the visits to the dentist don't faze me one bit.

Thoughts ?

Go for it! If you don't do it you'll only regret it in years to come and wish you did it!

I don't think there is 'too old' to be tattooed. It is your body and your life, and if you want to do it when you're 80 then go for it!

In my opinion piercings hurt more than tattoos and I am a really baby and cry visiting the dentist yet tattoo's don't faze me. I love them!

Go to a good reputable artist and explain what you want and the end result what you hope for it to look like etc. then he/she will design something for you and just go from there!

Don't be put off by people saying it hurts more in certain places you should always get a tattoo where you want it, not where it hurts less!

Definitely not too old!

I have horses on my hips in a black tribal motif and a similar black tribal dragon on my lower spine which I'd really like to add to and turn into a larger back piece. At least in these places I didn't find they hurt too much at all, certainly far more pleasant than going to the dentist!

Just make sure you go to a good artist with a good reputation.

Thanks guys.. Was thinking maybe forearm for the kids names and would love something on my right shoulder blade coming down the bicep but not too far down if that makes sense. Probably just covered by short sleeve shirt

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

Don't be put off by people saying it hurts more in certain places you should always get a tattoo where you want it, not where it hurts less!

Agreed! - Sorry, was just meaning I don't have experience of any other places but the one's I've had were not painful.

Sounds good though Stamford, what kind of design were you thinking of for the shoulder blade and bicep?

Goforit! Age is a number and its your body do what u like! My mum was 40 when she had her first x

Coloured inks are all the rage. I love my coloured stuff.

Peitho wrote:

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

Agreed! - Sorry, was just meaning I don't have experience of any other places but the one's I've had were not painful.

Sounds good though Stamford, what kind of design were you thinking of for the shoulder blade and bicep?

I do like the tribal designs. Also quite like the angel wings that Beckham has on his back but thats a little too big for me. Really don't know, better have a look at some designs whilst I'm online ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I have only small ones.

i want bigger though but im terrible lol

Agreed you should always get a tattoo where you want it but it is true it smarts more in certain places. Funnily in my experience I have found those places not to be where you think they would. I had a 6 hr tatt on my inner bicep, nice soft tender skin but it didn't smart as much as my wrist.
It all really depends on how you yourself handle pain. I have seen one guy pass out having the smallest tatt (well they couldn't finish it. They got ten minutes in) yet I have seen the daintiest of girls sat in the chair for 6 hrs not flinching.
My advice is make sure you are happy with the design so plenty of research, don't get it done whilst drunk ( a reputable tattooist wouldn't ink you), chat with the artist whilst it's being done ( this will help take your mind off things). Make sure you have eaten and had some fluids beforehand.

I'd say flesh parts (parts that don't see sun much or sensitive areas) hurt more than bones in my opinion.

x

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

I'd say flesh parts (parts that don't see sun much or sensitive areas) hurt more than bones in my opinion.

x

+1

No! I think you're never too old to have a nice inking done! Go for it! =D

definitely never too old. I know someone who had their first at 60!

I've lost count of mine, I'm really addicted!

I'm so addicted too! This is the problem. Once you star you might get hooked!

I now have 6!!

Would definitely want 1 or 2 with my childrens names, just looking at different styles of writing

They are addictive and probably more expensive than a Banksy

It's great fun designing and tweaking them until you're absolutely happy, it is worth talking to whichever tattoo artist you decide to go with though as they've done so many they're generally brilliant at knowing just what will and won't work for you and the best way to achieve whatever you're going for.

Thanks for the advice guys and gals

I would love to have a tattoo, a black/greyscale wolf pair on my back but I have a massive phobia of needles. I know the needles are not the same as normal ones but the thought still make me feel queasy so I'd be useless anywhere near the actual tattoo gun :(

Having someone put an injection into my coccyx and forgetting to numb it first (all the nerves were already angry and flared up) set back my phobia a good few years. I'd managed to stop passing out and being sick and now I'm back to fighting being sick again.