Tester Review

Hi all, Just a very quick question We've been picked to review something for LH, our first time... Yay! When doing our review, do we have to state we got it for review or does it not matter, not fussed either way, just seen some people state it and then others not. Thanks

My understanding is that you don't have to but lots of people, including me, do anyway for completeness.

Hey guys! I never usually mention whether I've had something as a tester. I know many people do but it's just extra words that aren't essential :) Better concentrating on the actual function of the toy (or if it's lingerie), include if your own size if you're comfortable with that and how the item compares. Have fun! X

Thank you both, I thought that was the case. Very much looking forward to doing it 😁

I usually mention it but I don't think you have to.

I think it can help people too because if they can see that it's a test item, it may give them a better idea of what Lovehoney like to see in a review if that makes sense?

HunnyMonster29 wrote:

I usually mention it but I don't think you have to.

I think it can help people too because if they can see that it's a test item, it may give them a better idea of what Lovehoney like to see in a review if that makes sense?

Thank you, yes I agree. Shows what they are after

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Personal choice.

Some people might find it helpful to know what makes a good review, as HunnyMonster said (when you first start to write reviews, Lovehoney are testing your skills too!) - others might be suspicious of a good review if they think you've got a freebie, so I tend to vary it.

There are guides on the site about writing reviews - worth a look.

Lovehoney can edit reviews, so don't worry too much about getting it exactly right.

Enjoy your testers!

MsR wrote:

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Personal choice.

Some people might find it helpful to know what makes a good review, as HunnyMonster said (when you first start to write reviews, Lovehoney are testing your skills too!) - others might be suspicious of a goood review if they think you've got a freebie, so I tend to vary it.

There are guides on the site about writing reviews - worth a look.

Enjoy your testers!

Thank you! I have written a few dozen reviews now so have a good idea on what to do :)

I agree with everyone above.

Personally, I don't mention it's a tester because I don't think it matters. My reviews are always honest, and I've written negative reviews even for items I got for free.

I think I've mentioned it only once. I don't remember exactly why, but it was relevant to the other things I wrote in my review.

Smultron wrote:

I agree with everyone above.

Personally, I don't mention it's a tester because I don't think it matters. My reviews are always honest, and I've written negative reviews even for items I got for free.

I think I've mentioned it only once. I don't remember exactly why, but it was relevant to the other things I wrote in my review.

Many thanks for your help. As I say, it's out first tester review so want to make sure I do it right