The Lifespan of a Tenga Flip Hole

Hello, LoveHoney community, I'm James and this is my first post on here.

I couldn't find anywhere listed the lifetime of either the original Flip hole or the new Black edition on the LoveHoney website. Several manufacturer-endorsed videos however, do state this: about 50 uses (this is for the original flip hole; couldn't find an estimate for the black edition).

Now, I've just ordered the Black flip hole, but was unaware of this lifespan at the time. So, a few questions:

1) For those that have either the original or the latest flip-hole, does it really start to give way at about 50 uses?

2) If it does, this works out at about £1.60 per use, which is quite a high price. Is it still worth the money?

3) Does LoveHoney list this usage information on their site? I couldn't find it, but I think it is significant and that the potential consumer should be informed appropriately before making a purchase.

My main inquiry really i: does it break??! Because I plan on using this alot and don't want to have thrown £80 down the pan on something that, despite first appearances, is still disposable.

Thanks for reading x

Mine feels very sturdy, the only issue I could see is the soft inside coming apart from the hard case?

I don't think such information on life span really exists, I've never heard of anyone breaking theirs!

Hi James,

Welcome to the forums! Tenga also sell disposable "eggs" that are meant to be for single use, but most men on the forums have got several uses from one egg. These are priced at £9.99 so £1.60 is a pretty good price in comparison and I should imagine you will get more uses than the 50 suggested - depending how hard you go at it!!

x

Hello All, thanks for your replies.

Jake - 'I don't think such information on life span really exists' - well I wouldn't have thought so either, but as I say it's since seeing Tenga themselves say that it lasts for 50 uses I've started to worry. I presume you could only damage the thing by being an idiot. I have heard that the buttons stop to work or it no longer clips together.

Nexas - glad to hear it's only tattered. Even the real thing gets tattered after extended usage haha (that goes for guys aswell!)

Masterandslave - Yes I've heard about the disposables being re-used. And it is also cheaper when you put it like that. Thanks again, I'm hopeful now x

Wankaholic wrote:

Jake - 'I don't think such information on life span really exists' - well I wouldn't have thought so either, but as I say it's since seeing Tenga themselves say that it lasts for 50 uses I've started to worry. I presume you could only damage the thing by being an idiot. I have heard that the buttons stop to work or it no longer clips together.

Hehe don't listen to Tenga, they seem to be obsessed with filling landfills with cummy plastic! The onacups and eggs last for way way more than one use if they're washing out :)

Buttons stopping working wouldn't be too bad an issue, they're good enough without using the buttons, and all the buttons actually do is push the inside down more, it's not too technical a mechanism so I'm not sure how they'd go that wrong.

Think of a Flip Hole as an investment :) I started off with an onacup (I wrote a review here: http://factsandfriction.blogspot.com/2008/08/tenga-soft-air-cushion-onacup.html - it was great) but then when the Flip Hole came out I knew I had to have one!

When they say 50, that is going to be a lowest guarantee for usage for it failing I'm sure you will get plenty more if not double!

x

yeah. i think they have to give a worst case scenario, just so trading standards dont have a go if one messes up and doesnt last lonag. (can imagine some pretty funny headlines if someone sues them, though!!) x

"Man flips over tenga design after he fucks ipod speaker by mistake!" maybe not! SG69 x

lmao SG69! :-D

yeah they're just covering their backs! i think it's like anything you can buy, if you look after it you will get a long life out of it!

Iv had mine over a year I think and the only that gone wrong is that its developed black bits between the plastic case and the insert where u cant get to dry it :( apart from that its ok

I think I've read Tenga denied the 50 use myth...

Happy wanking!

DesignDude wrote:

yeah they're just covering their backs! i think it's like anything you can buy, if you look after it you will get a long life out of it!

covering their backs with a tenga... from what... hmm maybe we shouldn't dwell on that point!

gaaah I'f I had seen this thread sooner I would of started keeping count.

Think I'm on about 5 atm but for the money I better be getting more than 50

£1.60 a pop isnt expensive I'll grant you BUT how many uses does a lass get out of say a good quality rabbit for £30?

Its man-biast I tell you

Good to know thanks Nex! It seems like the weakest points should be the hinge and opening - is that wearing more than the rest?

x

masterandslave wrote:

Good to know thanks Nex! It seems like the weakest points should be the hinge and opening - is that wearing more than the rest?

x

The hinge does seem pretty weak but its covered when in use anyway so I'd imagine there would be few gooey mistakes!

I've had my original flip hole for months and it is still doing fine, it doesn't make me breakfast any more but we still talk. As for the hinge being weak, that's not a major issue since you clamp the two halves together to use it. It could be a bit annoying when you are trying to dry it off after washing though.

The only wear and tear I have noticed is that some of the silicone has become less clear than it was originally, but I'm not worried.

I think its a case of how you use and treat it. Not too excesively and you know good care washing with the right stuff, powdering using lube etc all these litle things add up to prolong its life, but end of the day it is silicone so will eventually wear. But from what I hear its well worth the money.