The Lounge

Hope everyone has a wonderful Xmas and a happy new year here’s to a better 2021 sending love to you all

5 Likes

Same to you @Carzy!

Hi @CurvyJilly :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve noticed you seem to be overdoing it on the giant emojis. They are fun, but including them in every post can be a but much (like all caps). I know it’s an automatic thing, but there are some tips in this post if you need some pointers on how to make them blend in a bit more. :+1:

I personally love the giant emoji’s, I think they’re a brilliant feature to the forum, but then I may be a little biased as I also use them lots in every post and I’ve also had the telling off for improper emoji etiquette :smile:

If they’re here to use, use them I say :heart:

6 Likes

I think they can be fun and useful occasionally, but are easily spammed. They seem like they’d fit into the funky formatting rule:

Well, that’s the end of Emoji Charades. :joy:

1 Like

I have no problem with the size of emoji’s if they’re not hurting anyone does it matter? In these trying times i’m sure there are more important things to worry about.

5 Likes

Emojis are awsome #saveTheEmojis

3 Likes

Not to sound disrespectful Ian_Chimp but that seems like a strange thing to say…? I’m sure it isn’t your intention, but it comes across a bit controlling.

You’re very helpful in a lot of posts and help guide people to becoming better forum users but this one just seems a tad too much. The emojis are there for a reason so it’s someone’s choice to use them or not…
Hope you don’t mind me saying, I’d have private messaged you if there was that option. I don’t mean to offend is basically what I’m trying to say!

All the best to you and everyone here! Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and an amazing new year. Hoping it turns out to be everything you hope for, and better.
Let’s make 2021 a celebratory year where we celebrate one another, celebrate your families, friends, work colleagues.
I’m starting mew years resolutions already, and that’s choosing to more grateful for all the positive/good stuff in my life. Hoping it breads more positivity in me and others around me!

I’m very grateful for Lovehoney for helping better my sex life! Happy Christmas Lovehoney. X x

6 Likes

That’s okay. We all have different opinions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just to clarify, I think emojis are fine. :+1: I even like big emojis :+1:. But one of the quirks of the new forum is that if you drop a normal sized emoji in a group of three or less it automatically turns them giant. Sometimes you want that, other times it’d be better if they were just normal emojis. The tips in this post give you more control over when you ‘go big’

I use all the formatting at some point, so I appreciate that it’s fun and useful, but I think it should flavour the post rather than become the post. I think the emphasis should be on what you’ve written, not what you’ve used to decorate it. To me, the giant emojis read like ALL CAPS.

But that’s just my opinion though. :slightly_smiling_face:

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

It’s not exactly as if we’re running to the opticians with our retinas ablaze because we saw a slightly larger emoji. Plus it’s context, if someone uses big heart emojis it’s because they are putting across their feelings.

6 Likes

I understand my replies are not ticking everyones boxes and for this I apologise.

I wasn’t aware I was breaking forum rules regarding emoji usage and our replies had to be in a uniformed layout. (Certainly do not use them in every post…)

But hey…

Happy Christmas to all my forum friends.
You all know who you are.
The regular posters and also the silent ones in the back reading but not posting…

:two_hearts::heart::two_hearts:

21 Likes

Only one person has a problem with the size of your emojis, so don’t worry! There’s enough bah humbug in the world to worry about such a trivial thing.

10 Likes

Happy Christmas @CurvyJilly, lovely lady :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to all of my friends here!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Merry Christmas lovely lady, its great to have you back.
I love all your posts and emojis small, medium, large, xxl, I don’t care.
Have a great time and stay safe curvyjilly. :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone :christmas_tree::gift:

Hope you all have a fab day!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone,I hope your festive season is as good as it
can possibly be under the circumstances we find ourselves.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas fellow kinksters :santa:t2::christmas_tree::snowman_with_snow::snowflake:

3 Likes

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: Merry Christmas everyone! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:
Nadelik lowen ha Bledhen nowyth da from us lot down south.

4 Likes