The Lounge

We are quite lucky in that our support bubble includes the in-laws and my mom. So i will see my mom Xmas day before she has my siblings and nephew round for dinner. We will be having the in-laws round for dinner. Boxing Day it will just be me and my OH chilling out in peace rather than visiting other family, which will be nice after the pre-Christmas week at work!

2 Likes

We are now in tier 4 so our rules have totally changed we were here support bubble but now she has a grandchild living with her the rules regarding the support bubble go out the window.The real problem is she just does not get it she just honestly will think it is just us being mean.

3 Likes

Some people don’t get it I totally get what you are saying, been through the same kind of thing with my parents, I was trying to look out for them but instead they got nasty towards me. To long a story to go into it. @Onlyones

2 Likes

Everyone get round to @Blonde_Bunny quick for a hairdo. :clown_face:

1 Like

Desperately tries to grow some hair…:wink:

1 Like

Can your daughter not visit you at your new place, socially distancing of course? Other than that maybe contact Relate or Citizen’s Advice? Your daughter is of an age where she should be able to make her own decisions as to wether to see you, no matter how your ex feels towards you.

2 Likes

You seem quite adamant that you’re entitled to go round to your ex’s. I’d say that it’s more usual not to be dropping in unless you have quite young children, or unless you’ve decided to try and stay friends (neither in this case). I don’t think forcing the issue is going to help anybody.

Try and keep your daughter as your focus. Do you know what you want to say to her? Or how you expect the conversation to go? As she’s an adult now there’s not much you can do to tell her what to do (and you’ll probably find that will have the opposite effect anyway :slightly_smiling_face:), so what kind of advice will you have for her? Is there any support you can offer?

This may seem very random but does anyone else end up giggling currently when you go on the forum and immediately see right at the top NIPPLES?

10 Likes

@Ace12345 who’s are they ??? :yum:

@Ace12345 I’m so pleased I’m not the only one!! :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

You can unpin them from the top when you’ve finished reading them. :slightly_smiling_face: Just tap the little drawing pin next to the topic title and that toggles between Pinned/Unpinned (or you can use the box at the bottom of the topic). :+1:

But who doesn’t want nipple giggles? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Ace12345
“Boobies”
to help you unwind form the pressures of Unies

1 Like

@Ace12345: not had a rhyme in ages, might pop over and see where we left off

1 Like

Good Afternoon to you

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp Not adamant at all, but when your child no matter what age is very ill then parents should put things aside, I put things aside as soon as we split, I don’t hold any grudges. You are quite right but each circumstances each family is different. My daughter isn’t eating and I’m the one who could probably get her eating again as I did before.

There is lots I can do to get her to eat there is so many things I can say to her, but she wouldn’t listen or take it in if it was out of her comfort place.

My ex has already said she can’t do it just like before she left it all to me.

1 Like

Maybe if you eased off and didn’t act like you had a right to go round maybe your daughter’s mother would be more open to the idea?

Until then I’m afraid you have to deal with the situation as it is, not as you think it should be. Hopefully you’ll create an opportunity to have a chat with your daughter soon. :+1:

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp What are you going on about, you have completely lost me or not understanding the situation at all. I haven’t said at all I should be going round there, it’s nearly been two years since we split. before Covid things were great with my daughter I would see her take her out.

But my daughter is ill and her mother can’t get her to eat, she is asking for my help and the only way for me to help is to sit down and talk to her. Most parents would say come in just to get our daughter healthy. Unless you have had children who wont it you wouldn’t really understand what you have to do to get them through it. You would do anything in my daughters eyes she hated me at that time because I was making her eat, but now we joke about it.

1 Like

Well explaining to the Mother in Law about the rule changes and how she cannot come to us for Christmas went much better than expected and she actually seemed to understand the reasons .Sadly the same cannot be said for the grandchild who does not understand why they have to change the plans they had made as they do not know anyone who has died from covid.This person is mid 20s and never before struck me as being an idiot.It is enough to make you despair.

6 Likes

Glad MiL went OK @Onlyones but indeed despair at those who don’t think they need to do it.

1 Like

The thing is although they do not know anyone who has actually died they do know someone who spent a couple of weeks in hospital with it and is still not fully recovered and has been told to expect to feel unwell potentially for months to come.

2 Likes