The Lounge

@CurvyJilly I’m just fed up of trying and making suggestions, or making moves and always being rejected or knocked back. I make sure that the OH has nothing to do once she’s back from work, so that there is time for us both once the LO is in bed.

@Curious_Couple_19 that is so difficult and can relate to it from past experience, not fun can only be hundred percent worse during lockdown. You need to speak to OH and see what the issue is! Is it stress from working during lockdown, stress of lockdown, depression… ? But totally understand and hope you can stay positive, look for small things positive/wins and build up. Hang in there!

I try and speak but either get shut down or things change for about a week and then go back to normal

Can be frustrating and confusing, so difficult. Maybe try backing off and giving her space for the moment, concentrate on other things? Just a thought. Good luck and I am sure it won’t change overnight, but times are crap and everybody is struggling and coping in their own way. Stay sane and good luck

1 Like

@Curious_Couple_19 awwww how old is the lil one?

She’s 6

Life is so hard right now - I’m usually such a positive person but I’m finding it really difficult with being stuck at home 24/7 with no release, nothing to look forward to and no hope.
Some days when it’s my time of the month I have days where I’m so teary and just want to hibernate. But I can’t, I have to be there for my kids constantly … feeding them, tidying up after them, maintaining the house - it’s all I live for right now. But I can’t even take them out and do anything, I feel so bad for them too.

How long has things been this way with the wife?

3 Likes

@Cupc8kes it’s a regular thing, sometimes things are ok for a week and then back to normal

Good old WFH again today not doing much to be honest but it keeps me out of trouble lol

1 Like

These things happen in most relationships at some point, lots of things can be the cause, from low self esteem, depression, stress, fatigue, hormones, ill health, medication etc. It can be either partner too. All i can add to the already brilliant suggestions is don’t push her too hard as that can make things worse. Maybe try little romantic things like hiding notes where you know she’ll find them saying how much you love her. Or just pay her a compliment out of nowhere. Little things that cost nothing but will raise her self esteem and build her confidence. Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Curious_Couple_19 virtual hugs :sparkling_heart:

Yea I had been there stuck it out for 18 years kept on thinking tomorrow will be better next week will be better, she will change towards me. So I know how you feel and for a couple of years it did change but then went back to on off.

1 Like

@WillC is it common for it to happen all the time? Lol I try my best with the compliments and building her up, with the romantic things, I purposely don’t use my phone on a night once she’s home from work and when the little one is in bed

1 Like

@Curious_Couple_19
So in the evening after a work and dinner, once LO is in bed. What does she usually tend to be doing?

1 Like

Probably not, all relationships are different. i was just trying to suggest something that may help. The only other thing i can suggest is a sit down honest talk, maybe suggest counselling with an organisation like Relate? Not sure how they’re operating during the current restrictions, maybe the do Zoom sessions? As i said before, good luck, i sincerely hope you can work it out.

1 Like

@WillC all help and comments are good, just trying to find the answers to help

1 Like

@Cupc8kes either on her phone using social media or texting

@Curious_Couple_19 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Thays a bit sad for you.
Its so important, especially when you have kids - for both of you to make quality time for each other.
She has to realise that.
She will reap the benefits from it as well as you!

But I don’t know the answer to make her realise :smirk:

1 Like

@Cupc8kes me either, bet I sound like a right moaning so and so lol

1 Like

No you don’t, you are airing your frustrations and we are more than happy to help and support you in any way we can.

1 Like

@Melody1 loving the bright colours!

1 Like