The Lounge

Completely misread the question :woman_facepalming: Jiggle Balls worn vaginally are fine, just donā€™t put them in anally.

Time for another cup of tea I thinkā€¦ :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Something stronger may be better lolā€‹:cocktail:

Mmmmm, tea
:tea:

The Cost of Living topic has drifted way off track , but just to say we have an electric van at the food project and not only does ot struggle to cope with the hills when loaded but it has also broken down a lot. The diesel vans might be less compatible with the ethos of the project but do a lot better job. Msybe we just got a ā€˜monday morningā€™ or 'friday afternoon ā€™ van

In general as @Oldman i see EVs as another example of the poor subsidising the rich and agree with @WillC 's points too

4 Likes

I have found the EV debate very useful with lots of great comments, especially from some folks that already run an EV. I do worry about the range still and I must say I am not convinced electric is the way we should be going. About 10 years ago diesel was the way to go according to the gov, then within a short time diesel is the worst thing going. Iā€™m no boffin but I think we should look at all alternatives and may be some we have not even thought of yet.

7 Likes

Iā€™m a touch sad tonight. Tomorrow is my last day in my old job, and Iā€™ll miss the place and the people. Iā€™ve broken rule 1 of temping - Iā€™ve got attached to the place. But still, 5 days off and then I start on a new adventure. As excited as I am about that, Iā€™ll still be sad when I walk out of the door though of the old one for the last time.

11 Likes

Awk that is sad, people really make or break a job!

1 Like

Happy Wednesday everyone. Halfway through the week. :raised_hands:x

6 Likes

That is sad @KinkyMira but you can still keep in touch with the people there. It also means you will meet different / interesting people. It sounds like exciting times just around the corner. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Best of luck with your new job @KinkyMira :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Well Iā€™m back from work with a pile of presents and cards. I had quite a big weepie. It is unheard of as a temp, but the branch manager said I was much more than a temp, I was part of the family. That started me off.

And yes, Iā€™m definitely staying in touch. We already have a dinner party in a few weeks. They are a lovely bunch.

So a few days off and then something very different. A boss Iā€™ve worked for before who moved to a new company and came for me ā€œbecause I know you can kick arse with the best of them, but charm them anyway after the kickā€. Donā€™t know whether to be proud or offended :rofl:

9 Likes

I think its the best compliment you can get when a previous manager/boss comes looking for you. It shows and confirms what a good job you had done and they have the confidence you can do an excellent job for them again. You must be very well thought of and you should be very pleased and confident. As long as you are honest with staff and treat them all the same. Giving them praise when suitable supporting them when needed they will understand when you have to be a bit of a cow so to speak. Enjoy the rest and good luck with the new job @KinkyMira

5 Likes

Just got home after a really heavy training day for a new job, so pissed off now though as i was told we will give you a ring when we need you, I didnā€™t apply for the job as a temp worker :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

That must be so annoying. You need a proper contract/work pattern. You cannot turn your bills on /off to suit work can you. @teacake

2 Likes

@steve19 I know proper mad about it, it was through a agency that stated it was a full-time permanent job. someone didnā€™t turn up for training well they did but the person was 30 minutes late so the training guy told him to go home.

3 Likes

Had similar when i was unemployed, the job centre trying to push me and my mates onto agencies.
I was lucky and got myself a job. But one mate was offered one dayā€™s agency work which would require signing off! :thinking:

@WillC Iā€™m lucky i didnā€™t give notice for my job, this job is my dream job so Iā€™m really annoyed about it.

I suppose with a job centre pushing you onto a agencie they can say they have done their job that doesnā€™t seem at all right.

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s how it appeared to me. Hope you get sorted. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is frustrating the agencie said they would phone me yesterday about the job They didnā€™t, this morning i get a text message saying i start on Monday, so i have been on the phone and said what about uniform they said i wear what i want i told them i dont have anything to wear for the job Iā€™m going to to be doing, itā€™s short notice for me to get anything as i cant get out and get anything this weekend as Iā€™m unavailable.

If the agencie phoned me back yesterday i would of had time to sort something out, they said they have only just got a email from the business saying for me to come in on Monday.

Cool we all saw the ā€˜sameā€™ rainbow
@Mrs.John @FunSam92 @Dirty-Wife

1 Like