The Lounge

@WillC - I sometimes put it on mullet mode just to annoy my partner :smiling_imp:

Similarly i tighten jar and bottle lids to annoy mine! :japanese_ogre:

I have a cat that likes to unravel a roll if I donā€™t get up to feed her. The mullet is tidier too.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in bits at the moment. It was the funeral of that friend today, and obviously it was very emotional. But I was OK into the wake, when her daughter started handing out letters. Letters from my friend/mentor. Apparently, she wanted to make sure she said things to everybody that mattered if she died unexpectedly (which is what happened). The letter is why Iā€™m in bits. Before my husband came along, she was about the only one who believed in me, and this letter is so positive and uplifting and humorous and so her. Iā€™ll treasure it forever.

15 Likes

Aww bless ya. Sounds like she was an amazing person who saw how amazing you are :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sending lots of hugs @KinkyMira :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thatā€™s incredible. She sounds like a very, very special person. Iā€™m so sorry for your loss :people_hugging:

What a wonderful thing to do x

@WillC @Knight1119 @Peitho @steviefun Yes, she was totally amazing and it was such a wonderful thing to do. But she was always preparing for stuff, so it shouldnā€™t have been surprised she had prepared for her death by writing letters. Yes @WillC, she saw something in me no one else saw at the time. I owe her nearly everything I am now. She said in the letter that she was so proud of me, both for what Iā€™ve achieved against the odds and for the woman I now am, and that made me cry. In fact, itā€™s starting me off again now.

Spent the evening cuddling with my husband who is almost as broken up as I am. Her mantra was always ā€œLive your best lifeā€, i.e. the best life you can, the fullest, the most interesting, the most exciting, whatever YOU can manage, do that. Us moving up north was part of that for us, and weā€™re living that every day now. Time is precious, and you never know when it is going to run out. Live your best life people.

Night night lovely people xx

8 Likes

That is a lovely letter to receive, she sounds like a lovely lady who was very inspirational.
Keep it safe and refer to it as and when you need it. @KinkyMira

1 Like

She sounded a great caring lady @KinkyMira :slightly_smiling_face::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Sounds like she was an amazing person. Sending hugs.

1 Like

Sounds lovely @KinkyMira thinking of you x

1 Like

Thank you everyone. She was lovely and gave her time generously even though she was ludicrously busy. Letter now in our fireproof box and scans are on our various devices. I never want to lose it.

4 Likes

@KinkyMira thats so lovely.
Xx

3 Likes

Thatā€™s lovely @KinkyMira x

2 Likes

Looks like @Ian_Chimp is having a busy week of activities, remember to factor in rest days to avoid injury :wink:

6 or so new positions added in one go

1 Like

The file size might be a bit too large for the forum :confused: You can try though!

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll have a play and see what I can do!

It doesnā€™t like the file type it seems :pensive: