the love bug

How do you sterilize your toys?

I heard back from the clinic today and tested positive for something and i was too shocked to even ask. Ive googled it but there are so many different answers i got so confused.

I clean my toys anyway with hot water and antibac spray but would that be enough?

Any advice will be greatfully recieved.

How about you buy some Milton sterlising tablets and soak all waterproof toys in that. An ex cheated on me once and gave me something but I only had a few toys back then so I just binned them

Some materials toys are made of are porous (jelly rubber not sure about others) so those I would probably bin.. But I'd soak the rest to be safe.

Thank you for yoyr replies, just running to the shop now for some.

Use lovehoneys sex toy cleaner and hot water if you can. :)

I'd probably ring the clinic and ask them for advice

From the threads title I for some reason has Herbie in my head! Slightly different lol. I'm with BB, I'm probably ask the clinic for advice, they're bound to have been asked before as well as I wouldn't worry about embaressment!

I'd throw the lot, I think. Unless its glass or steel. The rest would be too much of a risk for me.

Phone the clinic direct for professional advice, though.

And stay safe :)

http://brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/sexual_health/sexuality/sex_toys.php

or failing that remember that there's a nurse on the forum *facepalm*

Personally I'd bin them all just to be safe.

I rang them and they said Milton tablets as well as long as they are properly washed thank you everyone :-)

phew, glad your stash is safe from the bin :)

That's great news. I would cry it I had to bin all my toys. There is toy many now x

Im really relived as well :-) I'm working up to quiet a collection and I didn't want to throw them out :-). I also ordered some of the cleaner just for extra peice of mind
Thank you all for answering:-):-)

Very welcome =) x

lillithlibby wrote:

How do you sterilize your toys?

I wash them thoroughly with nearly hot water and skin-friendly dishwashing liquid. Works for me.

Thank you reliquant :-) I was doing that anyways but think I'm going to get into the routine of Milton tabletting once a month

lillithlibby wrote:

Thank you reliquant :-) I was doing that anyways but think I'm going to get into the routine of Milton tabletting once a month

In my case the chief task is to get the silicone lubricant off my toys. That they are bio-squeaky-clean too, afterwards, is just a welcome side-effect ;) I don't overdo it though...

I find the best method is to use hot water and a pH balanced soap. Leave to air dry and then spritz with antibacterial sex toy cleaner and air dry again before packing away.

Don't forget that glass and silicone toys can be boiled safely, if you prefer to fully sterilise. Just remember that glass will be incredibly hot after boiling so take care when removing from the water :)