The Phantom Orgasm

Hellooo ^_^

As the title says it all, I'm curious as to whether anyone has experienced or believes in the phantom orgasm? Today I feel I've experienced it before, during and after sex, which is quite frustrating. What's is anyone's experience if this? Does is happen often or occasionally, as this is my fitter I'm rather curious, is it real or just being very sensitive or simply just very horny? Xx

When a ghost puts the willies up you? :p

I don't know either. Is it like when you have a sneeze that's stuck and won't come out?

I think this is one for the twilight zone...

Do you mean like, having an orgasm with no actual stimuli?

fairehlights wrote:

an orgasm with no actual stimuli?

Once again, I wish I were a woman so much that it actually causes me physical pain.

I don't know what one is either!

It's never happened to me, but I have heard of it before. Personally, it's something I find really hard to believe is actually possible without any form of stimulation.

Although, women do get the majority of their arousal from their mind, and I've heard it's possible to think yourself into an orgasam, so it could be this. But I just find it all a bit far fetched.

If you've managed to do it though, fantastic!!

DreamOfTheEndless wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

an orgasm with no actual stimuli?

Once again, I wish I were a woman so much that it actually causes me physical pain.

It's completely possible to condition men to come on command, without there necessarily being any physical stimuli.
It's just easier with women.

If this is what you're meaning though, it's totally possible.
I'm sort of conditioned to come on command, and so can do when aroused but not played with. Thinking of certain things can also get me to come, even if it's not a particularly erotic or in depth thought.

fairehlights wrote:.

It's completely possible to condition men to come on command, without there necessarily being any physical stimuli.

Yeah, we spend quite a few nights doing a very similar thing in our teens.

I miss it, actually.

Never happened to me,sadly.

It's something I've never heard of until reading this thread, but if men can be conditioned to cum on command, then it definitely rates a 9.2 on my Intrigue-O-Meter!

Like tantric state of mind?

Nah Milf, it's basically a wet dream I reckon.

Lol... :)

PAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Do y mean the ability to cum/ orgasm just through thought alone? I'm very lucky.... I've alwYs been able to do that and I tend to cum ridiculously - embarrassingly- easily. The difficulty is in learning to control it and hide any obvious signs.... It's not particularly appropriate in the middle of meetings or at church on Sundays!

I've heard of women who have a condition where they feel they're always on the brink of orgasm. So much so that it ruins their lives. And often their sex lives. The need to masturbate is unbearable for them. And they can orgasm through very little stimulation, even just a bumpy bus or a knock in that area.

I have experienced something like a phantom orgasm when I was sexting a guy and I felt really horny and I kind of felt a weird cramp and a rush of endorphins, as if post sex. Very odd. Only happened the once though.

Not quite to order but i have experienced "wet dreams" many a time and wake during a full orgasm without any touching etc. So that must be something to do with thought alone.

Never happened me. Heard of it but never known anybody to experience it

Went looking for a definition and found this:

• Reports show that some women with SCI (and men) are able to experience what has been called “paraorgasm” or “phantom orgasm,” through reassignment of sexual response to areas of the body which are unaffected by the injury. This is commonly known as the “E-zone.”
  • After SCI, a woman needs to find new areas of arousal on her body. This can be done alone or with a partner.
  • There is more than physical response to orgasm—a person’s mind plays a role in getting excited and stimulated. “Paraorgasm” or “phantom orgasm” is a highly pleasurable fantasized orgasm. It occurs by mentally intensifying an existing sensation from a neurologically intact portion of the body and reassigning the sensation to the genitals.
  • After SCI, orgasm is often described as a “psychological response” or a “mind thing” that is just as enjoyable and sometimes even better than before.

http://spinalcordconnections.ca/your-health/sex-and-relationships/for-her/

I can relate to this through my experience with kundalini-type practices where you focus on the subtleties of sensation and the movement of energy through the chakras. The orgasms which come from this are very real, even if the stimulation might seem to be more mental than physical to someone who hasn't experienced it.

If you can do it, take some time by yourself to explore it. Just focus your attention on your body and your arousal and see what you can do with it, like moving it around or intensifying it. Add a light touch every now and again if you want.

I wonder if the doctors or researchers are calling it phantom orgasm because they're seeing it as similar to the phantom limb phenomenon. Maybe it's related, but I think we can find better names for it. :-)

Went looking for a definition and found this:

• Reports show that some women with SCI (and men) are able to experience what has been called “paraorgasm” or “phantom orgasm,” through reassignment of sexual response to areas of the body which are unaffected by the injury. This is commonly known as the “E-zone.”
  • After SCI, a woman needs to find new areas of arousal on her body. This can be done alone or with a partner.
  • There is more than physical response to orgasm—a person’s mind plays a role in getting excited and stimulated. “Paraorgasm” or “phantom orgasm” is a highly pleasurable fantasized orgasm. It occurs by mentally intensifying an existing sensation from a neurologically intact portion of the body and reassigning the sensation to the genitals.
  • After SCI, orgasm is often described as a “psychological response” or a “mind thing” that is just as enjoyable and sometimes even better than before.

http://spinalcordconnections.ca/your-health/sex-and-relationships/for-her/

I can relate to this through my experience with kundalini-type practices where you focus on the subtleties of sensation and the movement of energy through the chakras. The orgasms which come from this are very real, even if the stimulation might seem to be more mental than physical to someone who hasn't experienced it.

If you can do it, take some time by yourself to explore it. Just focus your attention on your body and your arousal and see what you can do with it, like moving it around or intensifying it. Add a light touch every now and again if you want.

I wonder if the doctors or researchers are calling it phantom orgasm because they're seeing it as similar to the phantom limb phenomenon. Maybe it's related, but I think we can find better names for it. :-)