They said what?!?

I thought I start a thread on song lyrics that you may have heard many times but only after a while clicked what they meant. My examples are sex related but it doesn't have to be exclusively sex orientated hence I put this in off topic. Also we could ask others what they think lyrics mean if we just can't make any sense of them.

I'll start the ball rolling

'something about a little box with a mirror and a tongue inside ' - Prince

'I knew that I could not resist my when I saw little Nicky grind' - Prince

'come down to my house stick a stone in your mouth

you can always pull out if you like it too much' - Garbage

I only just spotted this one today and thought blimey that sounds a bit iffy. What does 'stick a stone in your mouth' mean? Probably just my mind but I took that as some sort of BDSM type thing like a ball gag perhaps?

Sorry if I'm naive and miles of the mark. Feel free to laugh

If he's extra large, well I'm in charge

I can work this thing on top

and if he's XXL, what the hell

Every penny don't fit the slot

-beautiful south- perfect 10

I used to siing this all the time when I was 13 and didn't realise what it meant lol

bloody hell that is rude isn't it!

BigPoppa wrote:

I thought I start a thread on song lyrics that you may have heard many times but only after a while clicked what they meant.

When I was 9 or so, I had no idea what I meant while I was singing 2 Become 1's "Be a little bit wiser, baby/Put it on, put it on" in the school playground.

Now far less naive, I wholeheartedly feel like Scary, Baby, Ginger, Posh and Sporty betrayed me. External Media

xx

MissFortune wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

I thought I start a thread on song lyrics that you may have heard many times but only after a while clicked what they meant.

When I was 9 or so, I had no idea what I meant while I was singing 2 Become 1's "Be a little bit wiser, baby/Put it on, put it on" in the school playground.

Now far less naive, I wholeheartedly feel like Scary, Baby, Ginger, Posh and Sporty betrayed me. External Media

xx

Wow, I had no idea until you said!

Ecksvie wrote:

MissFortune wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

xx

Wow, I had no idea until you said!

me either...

Maroon 5 always produce the smut... "This Love" is a classic!!

My pressure on your hips

Sinking my fingertips

Into every inch of you
Cause I know that's what you want me to do

Supersister - Coffee

"Then in walked my lover
I pulled back the covers
Cause I like my coffee with cream

Then I felt a stirring deep inside
(you stir me up inside)
Fill my cup (fill my cup)
'till it's flowing down the side"

"So come on & give it to me anyway you can. Anyway you wanna do it, I'll take it like a man."

"Hey Mickey" - Toni Basil

"I'm thinking about your sugar lips , got a feeling for you now that's so strong. I'm dreaming of the candy in your finger tips, baby don't stay away from me too long."

"Honey To The Bee" - Billie Piper

"He's my yo-yo boy, He fills my heart with joy. When he plays with his toy .... I really love my yo-yo boy !"

"Yo-Yo Boy" - Alberta

"My heart was on fire now it's cooling fast (so fast) I'm starting to wonder if our loving's gonna last, baby.
You don't feel how I feel , when I need a touch of love."

"A Touch Of Love" - Cleopatra

All 90's inspired ! Lol

'Pink is the love you discover' - Pink by Aerosmith

'i don't want anybody else. When I think about you I touch myself' - Bangles?

I listened to this for years until I clicked this one.

BigPoppa wrote:

Divinyls External Media

Lookin - Yummy wrote:

BigPoppa wrote:

Divinyls External Media

oh yeah External Media

How is a song called "I touch myself" anything but obvious?!

I think the best insinuation in that song is "I get down on my knees, I'd do anything for you".

As a kid, I used to go around singing "I'm horny" by... Mousse something? T Mousse? Mousse TV? Anyway, suffice to say I was hurt when I found out what "horny" meant!

Also The Bad Touch by The Bloodhound Gang. They must be the best innuendo band to this day.

"So if I capsize in your thighs high tide, B5, you sunk my battle ship, please turn me on I'm Mr. Coffee with an auttomatic drip" is it? (and the WHOLE song...)

And you only have to listen to "Foxtrot, Uniform, Charlie, Kilo"... In fact you just have to read the title to get the jist of it...

Also The Scissor Sisters - Lovers in the Backseat, which I have decided is about a pervy taxi driver.

Anyway suffice to say there are a lot and I shalln't continue.

Er...just about anything by Goldfrapp. Most Nine Inch Nails, especially the early stuff, all Genitorturer's tunes, and most of the music I love the most. Yeah I'm kinda addicted to dirty tunes that when I was a kid I'd have turned my nose up at. Apart from that DeVinyls tune, I knew exactly what that meant, even when I was about 9 or 10. Love Maroon5 too, gotta agree he's a dirty boy and know's how to sing about it. Oh, and one of my hero's, Michael Hutchence of InXS, always singing about sex, would love to be as sexy as that guy was. I just don't fancy the self-asphixiating wanky death , a guy that cool should have gone a better way.

Most blatent has to be Closer by NIN. The thing I really love about that song though, is the beat of it. It pulsates, throbs... mmm.

Fuck The Pain Away by Peaches... She ain't subtle!

Sucking' on my titties like you wanted me
Calling me, all the time like Blondie
Check out my chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time
Like sex on the beaches
What else is in the teaches of peaches? Huh? What?

Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away
[repeat x about a billion :P]

Well, Peaches by (?)Stranglers is obviously one. Walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches...

Led Zeppelin had a few - Squeeze my lemon, till the juice runs down my leg. Or what about - Waaaaay down inside, woman, you neeeeed....LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE (want a whole lotta love)

But frankly, the sex in their music is so evident that actually having suggestive lyrics is almost an afterthought!

Stones (and others?) Little Red Rooster is sort of suggestive, as is Tampa Red's Let Me Play With Your Poodle.

Hendrix had some - Crosstown Traffic has the lines Well I'm not the only soul who's been accused of hit and run. Tyre tracks all across your back; I can see you've had your fun.

An oldie but a goodie: Chuck Berry - My Ding-a-Ling

When I was a little bitty boy, My Grandmother bought me a cute little toy, Silver bells hanging on a string, She said it was my Ding a ling a ling

Chorus: Oh my ding a ling, Everybody sing, I wanna play with my ding a ling a ling, Oh my ding a ling, my ding a ling, I wanna play with my ding a ling a ling

(I forgot to tell you it's a little jerk, Right there, A little jerk in it, Right there, Can't do without that jerk, Yeah)

When I started Grammar School, I used to stop off in the vestibule, Every time that bell would ring, I'd take out my ding a ling a ling

Chorus

(Here come that jerk again, Mmh, Does something good to ya)

Humpty dumpty on the wall, Humpty had an awful fall, When they went to tell the king, Caught him playing with his ding a ling

Chorus

(Oh yeah, Got something to it)

I remember the girl next door, We used to play house on the kitchen floor, I'd be king, she'd be queen, Together we'd play with our ding a ling a ling

Chorus

(Mmh)

When they took me to Sunday School, Tried to teach me the golden rule, But every time the quire would sing, Catch me playing with my ding a ling

Chorus

(You know, I didn't hear everybody singing, Everybody joins in on that course)

I was swimmin' 'cross turtle creek, Snappers snapping all around my feet, Sure was hard swimmin' 'cross that thing, With both hands hold my ding a ling a ling

Chorus

This here song, it ain't to sad, Cutest little song you ever had, Those of you, who will not sing, You must be playing with your own ding a ling

Sorry for the long post but i couldn't choose between the verses

Ha ha yeh my mum was never keen on me singing this song when I was young and it wasn't until I was older I caught on why!

I'm not sure why the Divinyls wasn't obvious to me. Perhaps the idea that there was a song being played everywhere on radios , discos etc that was about a woman masturbating was just too obvious to be real?

Mr Boob wrote:

Er...just about anything by Goldfrapp. Most Nine Inch Nails, especially the early stuff, all Genitorturer's tunes, and most of the music I love the most. Yeah I'm kinda addicted to dirty tunes that when I was a kid I'd have turned my nose up at. Apart from that DeVinyls tune, I knew exactly what that meant, even when I was about 9 or 10. Love Maroon5 too, gotta agree he's a dirty boy and know's how to sing about it. Oh, and one of my hero's, Michael Hutchence of InXS, always singing about sex, would love to be as sexy as that guy was. I just don't fancy the self-asphixiating wanky death External Media, a guy that cool should have gone a better way.

Ah Goldfrapp. The most under acknowledged band I think. Alisons breathtaking voice and sultry tones. We regularly use this as background music for getting it on! To be fair I think she could sing about recycling cardboard boxes and make it sound sexy!

NymphetamineKiss wrote:

Most blatent has to be Closer by NIN. The thing I really love about that song though, is the beat of it. It pulsates, throbs... mmm.

Fuck The Pain Away by Peaches... She ain't subtle!

Sucking' on my titties like you wanted me
Calling me, all the time like Blondie
Check out my chrissy behind
It's fine all of the time
Like sex on the beaches
What else is in the teaches of peaches? Huh? What?

Fuck the pain away. Fuck the pain away
[repeat x about a billion :P]

Oh I love love love Closer! What an amazing tune ' I want to fuck you like an animal, I wanna feel you from the inside' - god it it gets me going that song!

Elvis - Jailhouse Rock

Number 47 said to number 3
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see
I sure would be delighted with your company
Come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me"