Thinking of removing nipple piercings

So I got my nipples pierced 3 weeks ago and I don’t like them all that much. They feel and look weird and I just want to have normal nipples again. They also take a year or more to heal and they just close up no matter what so I’m not really wanting to put in all this effort just for them to fall out and close up anyway. Has anyone had experience with this?

Edit: I did take them out last night and I feel a lot better now and they seem to have closed over now.

2 Likes

Would you like the piercings better if you had different jewellery? You could change them when they’re healed and that might change how you feel about them.

I got a nipple piercing when I was 18 and it never healed properly, so I took it out a few months after. I don’t regret it.

Looking at them, I think one of them was done right and then the second one is pierced through the aerola so I might have to take them out anyway?

1 Like

I do not understand why people do it to begin with. I love them unaltered way better.

Others clearly feel differently so I guess only you can decide.

If you remove them now they will totally heal up normally. Maybe a tiny indent left on each side but the type of thing only you would notice, but it will take time. Really sorry to hear you didn’t get a good piercing experience. Many on these message boards have had it done for literally decades and wouldn’t be without… myself included.

My question is did you have it done on a whim, encouraged by a partner, or was it something you thought about for quite some time and did on your own? If it was a long time thought process, consider letting them fully heal and try again with a better piercer. A piercing can be redone if you are up to it.

Odd that they’d do them differently. Take out the one through the areola and when its healed have it redone through the nipple.

@JoCat did you keep washing yours after your took it out for a little bit until the hole closed?

I think it had healed enough that it was no longer a wound, but I can’t really remember. If yours is still weeping then I would clean it with cotton buds and antiseptic like TCP or dettol.
I still have the scarring on my nipple from the holes.

Wife had one pierced but didn’t get along with it.

Rubbed on bras, bag straps, seat belts, very very tender and sore. Removed it. Although that one is slight bigger than the other now. They vary randomly as to which is most playful or which is most “do not $%#¥%?# touch”.

I (M) have had mine for over 20 years, no issues. Was given some kind of oil when it was first done to apply. No idea what it was.

Personally I don’t really like them as I would not want to be sucking a piece of steel/silver. They may end up more sensitive but no prefer a lady without. I love ladies with belly button piercings though.

I have thought about having mine done but I couldn’t bear to have to leave them untouched until they healed properly.

My OH had hers done about 5 yrs ago. She liked them, but the piercings made them more painful rather than sensitive. They also got infected a couple of times needing antibiotics. In the end she took them out after 5yrs - you can barely see where they were pierced now and her nips are back to how they were. I can once again play with them without them hurting.

If you dont like them take them out and they will heal up in a few days. If you leave them in they may take at least 6 months to heal. OH used an inverted egg cup with salty water (boiled then cooled) every night for months to keep it clean and to help it heal.

Best of luck with your choice :+1:t2: