this could be a stranger question..

So after being completely against the idea of anal play, im kinda curious after being on this forum for so long..

Can in best way forward tell me your experiences good or bad, is this something you enjoy, what to expect, and how it enhances play!?

Soz Sassy can't help you with this one . My unpredicatable IBS prevents me participating .

try slowly to begin with, and use lube, lots of lube, but yes it can be great fun

mysteron wrote:

Soz Sassy can't help you with this one . My unpredicatable IBS prevents me participating .

+1, I just can't relax or enjoy it due to my ibs... However my husband loves a bit of anal play, so I get to buy all the anal toys with the intention of using them on him Haha

I think it's a sensation to get used to rather than instant love. Agree with lots of lube. Try to really consciously relax it. Maybe start small with a finger or beginners plug and go from there

I know how.. just want to know the appeal really,for some people they keep raving about it but I can see why if you know what I mean!? I just dont wanna knock what I haven't tried :)

I used to be completely against anal of any description, always said I'd never do it. Here I am now an avid lover of anal sex. We started out with one finger up to the knuckle the first couple of times, then gradually worked up to his whole finger, then a second and then a third. Rimming is an option that I love but it's not for everybody, I prefer it to regular oral sex sometimes. It does feel good if you relax, if you tense up it can be uncomfortable. A good anal lube is important too.

I think for men the appeal might be that the hole is tighter so it feels better for them? I really don't know. I wasn't keen the first couple of times but it grew on me. 

sassykitten;) wrote:

So after being completely against the idea of anal play, im kinda curious after being on this forum for so long..

Can in best way forward tell me your experiences good or bad, is this something you enjoy, what to expect, and how it enhances play!?

It's not a strange question at all Sassy...I was always No! to anal play, not that either of my partners have ever asked me to do anything in that respect. ..but since coming onto Lovehoney I have also got curious and started experimenting. Initially for me I tried an anal prober. Found it frustrating though as it just kept coming out.. Then I got some anal beads free with a purchase. I like them a lot. Nice having the ripple effect of different size beads entering and exiting. I've also tried a small vibrating plug. Now have a glass plug too. The glass I've only tried once as it's quite girthy compared to what I'm used to. Liked the vibe plug. It's a bit weird at first...a bit like doing a number two in reverse! But with perseverance it does feel nice. I must admit I find it hard to orgasm with an all play, as I feel a bit distracted by everything going on, but don't get me wrong it's pleasurable. Sorry if TMI!

I love anal play... I have a rule I won’t do to someone that I won’t have done to myself.

Use LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of lube, you CAN NOT have enough!!!

If it starts to hurt, STOP!!!, take a break breath, and when ready start again.

When using Butt plugs or dildos push it in, (SLOWLY, and remember to BREATH, Push and Exhale is a good combination), angle it towards your belly button. Use more LUBE, giggle and smile even if you don’t get there this time, it can take a lot mentally and physically to do this. If you don’t do it today, you might tomorrow or next week.

Use lots of LUBE, and try again another day.

My wife was against anal play, but now it explodes her mind and body on 'those days' when she’s up for it. It has to be on YOUR timetable not anyone else’s! sometimes she even now includes it in her personal time , which I never thought would happen.

I know I’ve mentioned it a lot but YOU CANT USE ENOUGH LUBE!

I hope you have fun...

I was always funny about anal play, at first I enjoyed it then he made it a regular thing to the point I hate my bum being touched.

I can't say enough times, use lots of lube and go slowly! It's not going to feel amazing from the start, it's an odd feeling but it becomes more enjoyable as you ease into it & become comfortable doing it. We started off slowly and I really enjoyed it but it became routine & I felt very uncomfortable doing it & because of it I stopped having sex with him, whereas the guy I sleep with now isn't into anal play & thankfully doesn't want to do anything to me.

There are so many things to use or try out, I'd say start with fingers then work your way into toys, LH do a really good beginner butt plug that's very comfortable and small and a few probers too ^_^

Hope it all works out for you and remember......LUBE & COMMUNICATION ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS WITH ANAL! xx

sassykitten;) wrote:

I know how.. just want to know the appeal really,for some people they keep raving about it but I can see why if you know what I mean!? I just dont wanna knock what I haven't tried :)

I'm in the process of reading "Anal Pleasure and Health" by Jack Morin Ph.D. and can share a few lines with you:

"For men, stimulation of the prostate through the front of the rectal wall
offers the potential of additional good sensations, as we saw in the last
chapter. But there's more: Not too far in front of the anus is the interior
"penile bulb," a highly sensitive area just below the surface of the
perineum, the area between his scrotum and anus.

Similarly, many women enjoy indirect stimulation of the innermost parts of
the large clitoral body, especially when engorged and erect. Also in front of
the rectum is the super-sensitive "perineal body" which occupies her
perineum, between the base of her inner lips and anus. This might be a
good time to take another look at the pelvic diagrams in Chapter 5.

Add to these ultra-sensitive areas the rich nerve supply we're already
explored around the anal opening-as well as the many proprioceptive
nerves embedded in all the nearby pelvic muscles, designed to register
each twitch, contraction, and release-and it's easy to visualize why women
and men can enjoy anal-rectum stimulation equally. Also when you think
about it, so much is going on inside the bodies of both sexes that it's
difficult to pinpoint where, exactly, a wonderful feeling might be coming
from."

Or, in short: It feels nice, very nice, and is a lot of fun (if done right, of course). I started with a vibrating butt plug (the Lovehoney Bedtime 10 function one) and liked it immediately. Maybe because I had no worries about it, as I was playing on my own and had read up on the subject beforehand (Tristan Toarmino's book).

I can't add a thing to this thread sadly because the advice is sopt on to be honest. I can say though I was against it for years, then discovered it to be everything and more. I can't get enough.

Superb advice by all :)

I tried it years ago with an ex and it was awful, I def did it more for him than me, had no clue what was doing and it hurt.
But now with hubs, lots of lube and some warming up I absolutely love it. Feels like a naughty treat and I always come so hard from it. Def not an every day thing for me but once in a while just wow

slowly use lube try butt plugs ect before having proper anal sex warm up is key and lube is your best friend !

My first suggestion is to enjoy the sensation of having your bottom and hole stroked and touched. There are so many nerve endings there, that it feels as good as having your lips sroked. The perineum is lovely to have touched and just... let your fingers slide on a bit. :-)

You can start by enjoying and getting into that and then move on to enjoying spreading lube all over your cunt, lips and perineum and butthole. That sensation of wetness is really exciting, And you might find yourself wanting to put a finger just inside, with lots of lube. Then you can want to put things other than fingers inside yourself, and you might want to try plugs and other toys.

The key is WANTING it. When you enjoy the sensation and you are playing and it's making you feel good then you just do things and enjoy them and you're up and running. Sometimes with something very delightful in your arse. :-) (You may have guessed that I absolutely adore anal play and anal sex.)

As others have said, lots of lube. Anal play doesnt have to be all about having anal sex either. For instance, leaving a plug in can make you feel tighter for him, give you a lovely full feeling and gives something for him to push against to get up towards your gspot!

I enjoy it, start slowly, lube helps. Maybe start with fingers and toys. Finding different positions can make it a lot more pleasurable.

My fella is wanting me to do it back now! I don't even know how or what to do. Eek!

Good luck xx