Those unflattering, t-back elastic thongs.

Does anybody actually wear the t-back thongs that come with some lingerie sets? You know, the really flimsy, elastic triangle-things? They are the most unflattering items of underwear I have ever seen. I always wear another pair of undies instead.... or none! :)

I've got a collection now and I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions? Sew them all together to make one reasonable pair? Use them to strain tea leaves? Leave them out for the fairies to use as hammocks? I am at a loss....

Fairy hammocks sound like a good idea to me 😝

And no, I seem to have a collection in my bottom drawer too

Fairy hammocks... LOL

I can't stop laughing.... seriously though I would say the rubbish bin or a fabric recycler?

I hate these as well! G strings are incredibly unflattering for me, because I have a massive bum and they make it look even bigger (not in a good way!). I much prefer to wear normal thongs or French knickers etc with my lingerie, especially as the G strings supplied are always too big for me.

No suggestions I'm afraid, I just bin them or forget they exist completely! :p

.... seriously though I would say the rubbish bin or a fabric recycler?

I hate throwing things in the bin, so I think they will have to surrepticiously go in for recycling.

Caliente wrote:

.... seriously though I would say the rubbish bin or a fabric recycler?

I hate throwing things in the bin, so I think they will have to surrepticiously go in for recycling.

They also make great pirate eye patches ;)

My next door neighbour and I used her sewing machine and made a length of bunting, by cutting the elastic at one side and joining it to the next pair. It did make us chuckle knowing what they were made from.

I actually really like them, unless they come too big, but it doesn't happen often. I find on my short ass they look much better than more covering undies :).

I tend to make doll clothes from them or use them as little accents on teddies.

Weird? Perhaps. But a much better option than trying to cram myself into the damn things lol!

I never wear them either, they're like dental floss on my arse! I have a tangled collection at the side of my bed.

I hate them! They're so tacky and look like something borat would wear. They go straight in my recycling bin but the fairy hammock sounds like a better idea!

i dunno i kind of think they are great for easy acess ;)

Jess, Fun Louise, Lovebirds - all excellent suggestions! I knew there had to be better uses for them than going on my bum.

PurpleHeart - I will send them all to you, if you want! ;) lol

I do actually wear them and think I look pretty great in them, haha! Each to their own :P

Caliente wrote:

Jess, Fun Louise, Lovebirds - all excellent suggestions! I knew there had to be better uses for them than going on my bum.

PurpleHeart - I will send them all to you, if you want! ;) lol

Hahaha, I expect a mountain of them in a week 😂!

On a serious note if you have not worn them you could lot them up together on ebay or the like. I try to donate clothing as much as I can to charity but I doubt anyone at the goodwill would buy a gstring thing worried it was used...

So with my worn out stuff there is a fabric recycling drop point near us that I great.

Make some bunting xx

Spoonerism wrote:

I do actually wear them and think I look pretty great in them,

I don't have the body for thin elastic straps. I just digs in to my wobbles :(

They are all unworn. Ebay never occurred to me because I thought no one would buy/wear them, but I was wrong. There's a key for every lock, as they say. :)

My OH wears them occassionaly and, as she a petite size, they look pretty good on her. She only wears them when she wants to tease me and wouldn't wear them for every day but we like them.

Another vote here in defence of these T-back thongs. Sometimes flimsy and insubstantial is exactly what's needed! ;-)

x