Tie or open shirt?

For our family get together ,I have just bought today a Dark Charcoal Tweed blazer with matching waist coat.The checked design has yellow ochre flecks and purple with a purple lining.It goes quite well with my Mrs' gold maxi evening dress .It was a must have buy when I saw them .First time I have spent this amount of cash on a jacket and waist coat. The fit is also superb.

I was thinking of wearing dark blue jeans and a white shirt. I can't decide on getting a tie which would be purple ( my favourite colour) or leaving the shirt open necked with perhaps the top 3 buttons undone.Also would you change anything else?

What do you guys think.

Your opinions are invaluable thanks

I would go no tie. If you were wearing trousers then I would go for a tie.

Sounds delicious though. To me a man in smart attire like that is what a woman in lingerie is to a man! What a lucky OH!

Have a great time xx

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Sounds delicious though. To me a man in smart attire like that is what a woman in lingerie is to a man! What a lucky OH!

Have a great time xx

without being able to see it, I +1 this ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Totally true about the smart attire thing too. A fully-dressed man wearing, for example, suit and tie is seriously sexy.

Thanks ladies![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

You're welcome! Enjoy!

Since I just got the FSOG tie. If your into bondage the you could wear a tie that you could restrain wife with. But only the two of you know what your going to do when you get home it would add a sexy element to the evening as well.

bondagegod wrote:

Since I just got the FSOG tie. If your into bondage the you could wear a tie that you could restrain wife with. But only the two of you know what your going to do when you get home it would add a sexy element to the evening as well.

Thanks but probably something for another time, as I don't have the F'ifty Shades tie yet.

As Sugar has said a tie is best worn with trousers but I want to wear new dark blue jeans. The rationale behind this is as a couple, my Mrs in her golden maxi dress will be the focal point of attention and me being the support act.

Oh my...no tie!! with out a doubt!

Thanks for you input Ozz

popk1n wrote:

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Have a great time xx

without being able to see it, I +1 this ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Totally true about the smart attire thing too. A fully-dressed man wearing, for example, suit and tie is seriously sexy.

+2 enough said. Enjoy your family get together xx

You could wear another tie. That you already own.

my personal preference would be top 2 buttons open.

The tie can look very good, though it would depend on the formality of the event

Just Jenson wrote:

my personal preference would be top 2 buttons open.

The tie can look very good, though it would depend on the formality of the event

I will be going for that thanks

bondagegod wrote:

You could wear another tie. That you already own.

Thanks buy strange as it may seem ,I don't have one that will go with the jacket and waist coat.Its a colour not normally one would associate with me and a new direction.It makes a nice change from the grey business suit look.

slinky binky wrote:

popk1n wrote:

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Have a great time xx

+2 enough said. Enjoy your family get together xx

Thanks Slinky it's always nice to get you opinion and approval.

One more vote for the no tie. And +1 to what Sugarboobies said. :)

era wrote:

One more vote for the no tie. And +1 to what Sugarboobies said. :)

Thanks no tie it is.

One final question. I have a vintage sixties era Paisley scarf that will for with my outfit.Should I use it as I think it looks classy ?

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Have a great time xx

+1 I agree with this comment whole heartedly. Especially if said man is in a three piece suit :)

mysteron wrote:

One final question. I have a vintage sixties era Paisley scarf that will for with my outfit.Should I use it as I think it looks classy ?

I personally love the addition of a Paisley scarf, I think it can finish an outfit wonderfully.