Tights/hold ups or nothing at all?

I have a wedding to attend soon, and have a lovely 2 in 1 midi (knee length) bodycon dress. It has a lace overlay skirt and sheer kind of pleated v neck plunge neckline (obviously not extremely low cut and it is not inappropriate for the occasion). I plan to wear this teamed with my new black platform stilettoes.

I'm wondering though if to pair it with either standard sheer tights, some sexy-ish but not too risque hold ups or to just stay bare legged? Not a fan of my bare legs as they are very pale, I do not tan at all nor either am I in to fake tanning and amidst that I have a couple bruises/thread veins in their backs of my legs so not exactly very sexy or appealing at all.
On the other hand I don't usually wear dresses or tights ect and am mostly in flat shoes so I will be totally out of my comfort zone clothes wise.
I don't want to be 'fiddling about' all day with pulling the skirt down and/or tights/hold ups up ect but I feel it would complete the outfit. Also I find wearing tights (in particular the actual material) difficult with heels as it makes my feet feel like they're sliding about in the shoes.
Personally I would like a pair of tights as they're more comfortable and tend not to fall down too much, but I kind of like the idea of the hold ups (just not having to keep pulling them up constantly). I would however feel a little embarrassed at the end of the evening when me and my (still new) boyfriend get home and I need to undress as I would feel a little tarty undressing to reveal them and obviously him not knowing I'd been wearing hold ups all day. On the plus side of it though, potentially, I'd love to see his face when he realises and sees me in them.
For those who have read my other posts, this might seem a big fuss over nothing but it's still a fairly new relationship that still trying to get comfortable with in terms of sex and my zero confidence towards my body. I am by no means overweight (which isn't a problem at all as it can still be sexy in my opinion and there are many gorgeous plus size ladies and guys) but I am however not exactly trim and/or toned, I still have my mummy tummy and other lumps and bumps plus post surgery op scars ect

What about a deep lace suspender belt and a pair of sheer stockings ? I know only too well about the mummy tummy effect as I still have one I'll never be rid of but a deeper suspender belt helps with smoothing over it a bit. Hold ups are great too but for extra reassurance of them not slipping down and needing constant adjustments the belt works better.

I bet your new fella would be thrilled to see you unveiling that surprise at the end of the night !

Or maybe a pair of suspender tights would work for you ? 

Thanks wildflower, suspender tights?not seen any to be honest. Like the idea of a suspender belt but am worried it wont look too 'smooth' under my clothing throughout the day plus cant remember does it go over/under?lol Also thought that tights might be awkward or a passion killer trying to un-sexily remove them in the heat of the moment, at least then with the hold up, I can keep them on if he wanted me to?

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34595

Maybe something like this ? They're very sexy as well as being practical :)

Thanks they look interesting. Probably better teamed with crotchless panties though? So could still be a bit awkward perhaps? I bought my new matching lingerie already and the knickers are a mix of silk and lace but they are Brazilian style so not crotchless. I feel even more ashamed otherwise getting undressed then! :-D

Maybe your best bet would be holdups then, lots of them stay up pretty well and you could keep them on so as not to ruin the moment later lol . Your knickers sound lovely by the way and I hope the day goes well whatever ever you choose :)

Thanks a lot wildflower. I have seen a pair I like the look of too. :-)

I'd go for crotchless tights. Sexy, daring, practical.
Only you need know if you didn't want O.H to know.
Or tell him and watch him drool with excitement!

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24680#customer_reviews

I would be tempted to go with the crotchless tights or hold ups, I would also tell OH at the start of the day - what better way to build up the excitement during the day ready for the 'big reveal' later.

Whatever you go with you are sure to look stunning and enjoy the day xxx

Crotchless knickers and stockings

If it's knee length and bodycon I normally go commando, any shorter and I'd wear a string.

Hols ups for me, every time, if I didn't want to be bare legged.

Bexy wrote:

Personally, I'd suggest a deep waist suspender belt with six straps and metal clasps so you're not having to fidget all day or worry about your stockings coming down at all. I wear one for work almost every day including with tighter fitting skirts and dresses and no one, bar one female colleague, has ever noticed. You could always wear a slip if you wanted to hide any obvious strap outlines or lumps and bumps.

PS wear the belt under your knickers!

For some guys seeing the bumps of the suspender straps on an attractive lady can be turn on, .Its a nice thought that a lady has the full kit on.

Absolutely - sussy belt under your knickers!

From a guy's perspective, you really need to go for hold-ups, stockings or bare legs.

You've seen those shots of bank robbers wearing tights over their faces, right? Us guys have very small brains so it's hard to separate that image...