Tips for lasting longer?!?

When me and my wife have our fun time, I can't seem to last that long, I always tend to get a bit over excited and after a few minutes i'm done. Is there any ways I can last longer to give my wife more pleasure?

Delay cream, condoms, cock ring, having a bit of solo play beforehand are a few tried and tested methods to last longer. The best one is to go for seconds as it always lasts longer on the second or third time.

Unless it's causing serious problems in your love life, I would avoid things that are going to lessen your own enjoyment, like delay cream or wearing three condoms at once. There's no point turning sex into something you can't enjoy as much, just to try and last as long as possible.

First thing is to speak openly with your wife about this. Outside the bedroom, so over a coffee or something. It may be that she does find it disappointing; or it may be that she loves a quickie, but would like you to spend time touching her afterwards, etc. You need to know how she perceives it before you can fix the problem.

Other than that, my top tips are: 1) as stated above, try re-igniting the mood and going for a second round; you could go back to some foreplay while you wait for your equipment to recover; 2) if you know your wife is headed for orgasm and you just need to hold out a bit longer, try the classic psychological delay tactic - twelve times tables, memorising a curry recipe, reciting the alphabet backwards... those have always worked for me, if I just need to stall for an extra minute.

I'd recommend when you are feeling the urge, stop and switch to foreplay.

defam wrote:

Unless it's causing serious problems in your love life, I would avoid things that are going to lessen your own enjoyment, like delay cream or wearing three condoms at once. There's no point turning sex into something you can't enjoy as much, just to try and last as long as possible.

First thing is to speak openly with your wife about this. Outside the bedroom, so over a coffee or something. It may be that she does find it disappointing; or it may be that she loves a quickie, but would like you to spend time touching her afterwards, etc. You need to know how she perceives it before you can fix the problem.

Other than that, my top tips are: 1) as stated above, try re-igniting the mood and going for a second round; you could go back to some foreplay while you wait for your equipment to recover; 2) if you know your wife is headed for orgasm and you just need to hold out a bit longer, try the classic psychological delay tactic - twelve times tables, memorising a curry recipe, reciting the alphabet backwards... those have always worked for me, if I just need to stall for an extra minute.

I have spoken toy wife about the issue, she says it's fine and that it doesn't bother her. However I would like to be able to pleasure her for longer than 2 minutes. Many thanks for all the advice. 👍

Enjoy some alone time- I can go for hours. Don't masturbate less than 2 hours before sex, but I'd say adjust the amount you masturbate so you last longer. Extra thick condoms help but never double bag it. I'd say just enjoy more foreplay though. Focus on her, improve your oral game and she will appreciate it, and then if you only last a few minutes you've no need to worry. I would also say that your orgasm doesn't necessarily mean the end of sex, go back down afterwards and just help her to finish off and feel satisfied, then you'll be fine. Hope I could help, but I have the opposite problem to you!

T00n13 - I would focus your attention on foreplay. Most women can't climax from penetrative sex anyway, so making her orgasm before you get to sex means she's already satisfied (and will increase her chances of climaxing a second time during sex.)

I'm in the same boat, the only thing that works for me is delay spray. The best for me is one containing 'lidocaine' (unfortunately no longer sold by LH but you can get an equivalent at online chemists).

One spray on the head 5-10 minutes before we kick off and I can go for much longer. Takes away some of the feeling but not totally numb and it's more than made up for in seeing her have a screaming orgasm.

Don't use it every time but when we do it's always a winner.

When dating, I used Durex Performa condoms to keep me going, If a condom wasn't needed for safety or to avoid pregnancy, I'd withdraw when the time was right, take the condom off, and enter her again to thrust to ejaculation. Both partners happy!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

T00n13 - I would focus hyour attention on foreplay. Most women can't climax from penetrative sex anyway, so making her orgasm before you get to sex means she's already satisfied (and will increase her chances of climaxing a second time during sex.)

I as the fem half absolutely agree. Make fore play as long as you need to. I can only say for us but fore play cani and does give me several orgasms before full intercorse. I prefer my man to finish inside me so in the early days when I gave him oral and I would feel he was going to cum I would with thumb and forefinger hold the base of his penis until the moment finished. He would weep little seed but would prolong his ejaculation for a Long time. I hope this helps xx.

I have the same problem to where I thrust about 4 times and I have to stop else I will be cumming and that's with using the delay condoms , I have recently brought the exs delay spray from Lovehoney and I fully recommend using this .I have gone from lasting 2 minutes to 30minutes +

Many ladies would think this a massive compliment! After a break of about 15-30 minutes (the refractory period), you may feel ready to go again, so why not give yourselves time for round 2? If the focus shifts from PIV to all round enjoyment, this can really help with relaxation, and depending on the mood, can give you extra minutes. Foreplay is in my view a really poor description for play that‘s good before, during and after! Also worth bearing in mind: If you can clear the pipes a good 45 mins before PIV, this is a good idea to help delay the point of no return. They say the biggest sex organ of all is the mind. I totally agree. Focussing on how long you can last weirdly affects how long you can last. Honestly, I have come with minimal touch before, while on other days, gone for 10mins with no sign of being near the edge. It‘s totally normal for millions of guys who are sensitive, or have partners who are too hot, or deliciously tight ;D

Oh, and cock rings...

There‘s some great suggestions on this thread: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/479799-cum-to-early/