Tips please for best poses to look good in lingerie photos for OH

OH mentioned one night in bed that he would love to have had a photo to remember how I was looking that night "all womanly". Since then I've seen some great user photos on here and I would like to try getting some nice photo' s of my own. Can I please get some advise on how to do the best poses, how to set the scene, suggestions what to wear or not. I am quite shy but since discovering love honey I am finally coming out of my shell and after being with my OH for 21 years he is seeing a more confident side to me in the bedroom at last. Thanks.

Hi there, I remembered a previous Lovehoney blog which had some great tips for taking sexy photos - please see link below :) xx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2013/06/06/how-to-choose-lingerie-for-your-boudoir-photography-session/

Its very hard to do yourself! I take photos occasionally and i find that i will take loads of pictures but only one or two i will be happy with!

im an awkward so and so and i find i will have a pic that looks awful everywhere except the boobs, one which looks great on my bum but nowhere else etc so if i could merge all the good bits together i would be on to a winner!

1 Like

I'Ve only been brave enough to takes pics of myself since joining the forum and oh loves the ones I send him occasionally as a surprise. I only take pics of the parts of me that I consider to be reasonably ok - I hate my thighs and stomach so he never gets pics of those. You can wear whatever you feel comfortable in or something that you know he particularly likes and maybe pose in a way that makes your good bits look even better ? How about using toys or props in the pics ? Maybe a dildo between your boobs or perhaps a strategically placed rose ? Leaving a bit to the imagination is always tempting . . .so perhaps a nice see through scarf over your boobs - my oh seems to really like that ;)

Whatever you choose I'm sure he'll love it - have fun :)

I use the reverse camera on my phone so I can see on the screen what is showing up in the photo. Dont be afraid to crap or play with filters, a littel warmth adds a lot in certain photos. I also recommend a boudoir session with a professional photographer if you have never done it, totally worth the investment to have a professional pose and airbrush me.

lmh95 wrote:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies and the blog link. Lot's of good ideas.

Hopefully I will get a nice profile pic from doing this with a bit of practice. Is it best to get someone else to take the picture or is it easy to do on your own? I've not quite mastered the art of the selfie yet !

I use the reverse camera on my tablet and set a 10 second delay. Gives you time to get into position and adjust clothing etc for a good shot. x

lmh95 wrote:

Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies and the blog link. Lot's of good ideas.

Hopefully I will get a nice profile pic from doing this with a bit of practice. Is it best to get someone else to take the picture or is it easy to do on your own? I've not quite mastered the art of the selfie yet!

I always find it tricky to know which is best, letting someone else take the picture or taking it myself. I aaalways hate pictures taken of me by someone else, so have had to set up a system for myself! Not having a phone camera or a tablet, I set up a mirror or my laptop webcam so that I can see myself, then place the actual camera infront of it on a 10sec timer.

Best of luck with it. I hope this is kind of similar for everyone, but I always find that out of taking maybe 40 photos, there'll only be 6 or 7 that I really like - so I guess it's important to remember that the camera doesn't properly reflect how you look in person and not to worry if some of them don't come out how you hope, just keep trying until they do :)

Some good ideas here! Thinking of taking some pics for my oh, I'm awful at selfies too haha.

I use the reverse camera on my phone so I can see on the screen what is showing up in the photo. Dont be afraid to crap or play with filters, a littel warmth adds a lot in certain photos. I also recommend a boudoir session with a professional photographer if you have never done it, totally worth the investment to have a professional pose and airbrush me.

Although some people are into it I would suggest that a crap isn't something to introduce to the session.

Youtube has a ton of videos aimed at photographers on how to take these kind of photos but they also include ways to set the shoot up in the first place to get the best photos.

As a keen photographer myself i usually watch them to get ideas that can be used for other things regaurding light etc but the videos have a ton of info in them that cover all angles.

A bit of advice from a professional photographer, it's all about the light! Flattering light makes a huge difference, doesn't need to be anything special, just lively natural light through a window. Any sort of built in camera flash is awful. Have a look through Flickr for inspiration on both poses and lighting.

Oh and Google Sue Bryce, she is about as good as anyone gets at taking beautiful pictures of real women.

Yep, natural light will beat a flash 99/100.

The best bit about it is that it can be manipulated to throw shadows which gives you a ton of possibilities.

Try and use a camera mounted somewhere with a delay and with the flash off.

You will have to remain perfectly still but the natural light pictures you'll get should be great.

From my days as a lingerie photographer and model, I have just a couple of key tips:

1) Shoot from above. Everyone looks best shot from a slightly high angle. It forces you to look upwards which makes the most of your natural bone structure. 

2) Use natural lighting. Nothing too pointed , angled or bright. You want to avoid heavy shadowing and harsh lines. I always liked to take photos near a window or outdoors on a bright but overcast day. 

3) Smile and relax! There is nothing sexier than a photo of someone who looks happy and at ease, so this is key. Communicate with the camera with your eyes - why not pretend the camera is your OH while you take photos? 

4) Pick an outfit you feel great in! Your confidence will shine through. Wear perfume, and heels. You'll instantly feel irresistable! 

5) IF you decide to edit your photos (which of course you don't need to do at all!) increase the contrast **slightly** and/or convert to B&W. Everyone looks great in B&W ;) 

6) Be prepared to take a LOT of photos. They say if you like 1 out of every 10 photos you take, you're doing a GREAT job (and that's if you're a professional photographer). Seriously. Don't be put off if you don't get the 'right' photo straight away. I have spent hours (and I mean hours) getting just the right pose, lighting and expression for a photo, so make sure you put some time aside and be patient. Plus, the more you practice, the quicker you'll start to find the poses you especially like. Keep tweaking until you get that magical 'Kodak moment'! 

Good luck and, most importantly, have fun! 

Thanks Jess 😍📷📷

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Have yet to give it a try but I will get around to it next chance we can get some child-free time. Really fancy the idea of a professional boudoir shoot too to get a little album full of pictures for my OH' s eyes only.

Just picked this up, sorry if it's too late. Remember your surroundings, untidy backgrounds, toilets, other people, they all always detract from your images. Happy snapping :)

Some good tips, I will try some out as I have recently got brave enough to take some 'sexy pics' to send to my husband. Or I at least try too anyways lol. After about 50 shots I will probably keep 2 I consider okish. Something I need to practise on x

spend a few hours getting ready and taking selfies trying the range of underwear he has bought you... the photo is the easy part its all about the preperation and beleiving your sexy... love yourself... you cannot expect anyone to love you if you don't beleive them when they tell you... (we all get insecure from time to time) from a male point of veiw confidence is much easier to keep secure and most importantly satisfy and keep happy (it makes us want to spoil you and and making the moves subtly is always the best way...

if he is like me then he doesn't like suprises send him a snap which could be seen by friends colleagues just in case so he knows what you want how and when... and keep the naughty ones for later... one long photo session should give you enough time to take plenty for the times you don't have time... keep some photo's back for a rainy day

hearing your making the effort to making the effort to show him how sexy you are and feel can only mean positive things... do it for you and in turn this will inevitably mean he will like it... try innocent poses and dirty poses... use mirrors and if you are feeling really naughty make it look like someone else is taking the photo / video. dont be subtle and expect us guys to pick up on things especially if we are stressed... testing the water with a sexy pic is always a winner for both of you... use photo editors either online or photoshop to edit the photo and add text to make the message or fantasy you want him to get clear... hope this helps... enjoy... and if you would like a mans opinion i will volunteer! ha ha

have fun

![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)