"Toy box"

My OH and I now have quite a little collection of toys, lubes, restraints and general kinky stuff thanks to Lovehoney. The trouble it there's not enough room in the bedside draw and we're anxious that our kids don't accidently find our stash.

We could do with some sort of lockable chest to keep things in, just wondered if anyone else has a "toy box", what they use, and where we can get one from.

Any suggestions please? Ta x

Me and my OH keep the toys in the boxes that LH send them in (we had a couple of big orders, and so therefore have the big boxes).

They're not lockable, but the cardboard is sufficiently boring that when pushed under a bed, no one bothers to be nosey. :)

I dont know that I can recommend anything but we have moved ours from our underwear drawer, then into a suitcase, then into a stacking drawer set (You know those cheap plastic drawers sets) then into an under the bed drawer! :S

I would recommend looking for something that isnt designed specifically as a sex toy storage box, the prices seem to be higher than if you bought something like I mentioned above. How about one of those lockable professional makeup cases, you know the big ones that professional, mobile makeup artists or hairdressers use?

Aldi are doing those big metal filing cases with handles on top for £9.99 at the minute! - https://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_26303.htm

Alternatively you find them on eBay, although when I had one my parents got too suspiscious about it and I hide all my toys in the wardrobe/bedside drawers etc now, in LH gift boxes. I actually use the filing box properly, for paperwork now! It makes me blush just thinking about it!

We bought a nice wooden box from B&Q, put a lock on it. But I think we need to upgrade to an ottoman!

i like a doctors case, looks kinky, lockable and lots of space!

I keep most of my things in a big wooden chest (36"x18"x16") at the bottom of the bed. It's beautiful, and lockable (not that I ever bother; we live alone). It's probably a bit big (and consequently expensive) for most people's needs, mind you. We got it from a local furniture store, after shopping around a bit.
A suitcase with a lock on might work, and is the sort of thing most people have kicking around already. My OH keeps his personal stuff in an overnight bag under the bed.

My Toy collection has grown..........and become quite heavy!!

My research for a "Toy Box" was to visit Ikea. There I found some wonderfull and strong canvas storage boxes which have a zipped lid. They come in colours - ivory and black.......although I have to confess that my "large" Toy collection has out grown the Ikea boxes and so I have had to resort to buying 2 of the 9 litre "really useful" plastic boxes from Hobby Craft. A nice pink colour.....I think they cost me £7 each.

Although they do not lock or are lockable they are very sturdy and strong......with a nice flat lid they also double up as a platform for sticking those "sucker" type toys on when "hands free" action is needed

When I lived with my parents I had everything in a christmas gift bag but then given you have children that's just asking for trouble!

A few years ago I bought one of those leather foot stools that opens - not that anyone could tell it opened.

It may also be cheaper and easier to just put a lock inside your drawers! If you have the tools, inbed a lock or if not just screw the padlock types on

Just an FYI. There are several great threads on the subject in the archives, including discussion specifically about hiding toys from kids. Worth a look.

Thanks guy! I like the idea of something that looks like futniture, small ottomen of foot stool would be good I think.

I'll have a look at that other thread you mentioned rose hip ...ta x

We don't have children. We do have a dog that managed to pull out our bag of toys from under the bed, and proudly carried my OH's Rabbit into the living room... thankfully no guests, just lols. He was chuffed to bits that he'd found a new chew toy!

So, back on topic, we're looking for something a little more secure now too :) I think i'll follow Sweet's example and take a trip to Ikea this weekend.

What about one of those document holders, the metal ones with the filing dividers in them - then just bin all the dividers?

Or a lockable ottaman in the bottom of a cupboard?

When I have to go home I keep mine in the lining of my little suitase. Most cases have a zip in the lining that you can open, think its for shoes and stuff normally, but I pop them in a large cosmetic bag and put them in there. With clothes and boring stuff on top no one will find them unless they are digging lol! Its handbaggage size too so slots neatly in the cupboard, so toys can be close at hand without them being in the usual place such as a drawer. Just make sure you dont lend anyone that suitcase haha! x

mrs average wrote:

My OH and I now have quite a little collection of toys, lubes, restraints and general kinky stuff thanks to Lovehoney. The trouble it there's not enough room in the bedside draw and we're anxious that our kids don't accidently find our stash.

We could do with some sort of lockable chest to keep things in, just wondered if anyone else has a "toy box", what they use, and where we can get one from.

Any suggestions please? Ta x

Mrs average. my OH and I have a chest with a catch on it. It is in clear view in our bedroom and the kids come and go all the time and never open it. I think thats what you call hiding things in plain site. :)

I keep mine divided between a train case and a very large hand bag (I think it was a diaper bag made to look like a purse. It had been a long time since I used it as a diaper bag). Neither lock, but they both look boring enough that the kids aren't curious.

We are the same, thanks to love honey we have a massivce collection toys etc,

We brought a pine toy box (designed for kids toys lol) 2ft by 3ft by 2.5ft

Put some clasp locks on so we can pad lock the box so lil fingers cant get in. another good tip is get a night light to attach to inside lid, so if lights are off you can see what your looking for,

Wont be long before we have 2nd box on go... again thanks to love honey :) xx

dribbling-mess wrote:

We are the same, thanks to love honey we have a massivce collection toys etc,

We brought a pine toy box (designed for kids toys lol) 2ft by 3ft by 2.5ft

Put some clasp locks on so we can pad lock the box so lil fingers cant get in. another good tip is get a night light to attach to inside lid, so if lights are off you can see what your looking for,

Wont be long before we have 2nd box on go... again thanks to love honey :) xx

Oo like the night light tip, thanks.

Night light tip is good - saves having a clip on mining headlamp I guess... :)

box loads of toys games outfits restraints