toy safety and storing

Hi ladies and gents

Im hoping someone can anser this i have checked the threads for the anser but can find anything im just finding things about draws and boxes and under bed which isn't what i looking for.

in the past i have only used silicone toys and glass dildo's. we keep all our toys stored in there own silk or velvet type storage bags and also keep each toy type in there own place.i was woundering if it is acually safe to store different types in the same draw as long as there bagged and protected will the bags give them enough protection to avoid damage.

im fully aware that toys of different materials may have a reaction if stored together if they come in to contact with one another. which is why we split them all.

we are now starting to try more toys which are made of different things (haven't arrived yet) than what we already own,which in it's self takes a lot of space. having a draw which only has a few toys in because of it's material then another bursting at the seems.

Also is there any bag materials you should avoid.

The only bags we use are the lovehoney silk type ones and velvet type bags from lovehoney which came with the toys

Hi,

Silicone toys can be stored touching each other as long as it’s actually pure silicone. I have a whole drawer of Tantus dildos that have been stored together for twelve months and have had no problems. Glass can be stored in the same way too although I would put those in bags to avoid any scratches or chipping.

Other materials (the porous types like tpe, realistic materials, rubber, pvc) can react with each other and degrade so these should be kept separate at all times. If they’re all in bags then they can be placed next to each other and there shouldn’t be any problems.

Those bag materials are both fine, I would just give them a wash before use to remove any dye transfer that may be left over from production. I accidentally stained one of my favourite rabbits as I didn’t rinse the bag first so now I always make sure to put them in the wash beforehand.

Well i never even thought about this before and have started a collection of different types of toys. So this is really helpful. Great thread and great response from NatandTom. Thanks to both of you. Every day is a school day 😀

Thank you NatandTom

My main concern was storing them together bagged up but if there ok to be mixed about when bagged and not in contact with one another that will save me loads of space. At the moment most of my toys are kept in the boxes they came in but it's taking far to much space.

Was having a little panic as to where i can put them with more coming soon.

My rooms birsting at the seems with sex toys haha

K&c30's wrote:

Well i never even thought about this before and have started a collection of different types of toys. So this is really helpful. Great thread and great response from NatandTom. Thanks to both of you. Every day is a school day 😀

Hehe

i totally aggree there.

im learning something new here and there myself all from joining the forum.

i knew about not mixing materials but not about if it's safe while bagged to store together.

which many people may not know and if there new to toys then they mite not know this.

i only found out myself a year ago and im 26 not new to sex or toys :)

I remember when I first started out with sex toys and I'm embarrassed to say that I had jelly and rubber toys stored in a plastic box. The whole lot had melted together! If only I knew back then about these shitty materials.

I've stored silicone dildo's together and no issues.

The one thing to be careful of is jelly toys as these can start to omit oils and smells regardless and can soak through the silk bags. I had this happen with a cheap Doc Johnson jelly plug so maybe keep those seperate if you have any. Personally I just don't buy jelly now after it made everything in the box with it stink for ages too.

As already mentioned pure silicone, glass and metals can generally be stored with like materials and have no issues at all.

I have two large toolboxes from the local hardware store, I can fit a padlock on both and they are basically just big empty boxes. For all my silicone, pvc, and tpe toys I use coat them in cornflower to make sure they are dry and it removes the tackiness so they dont stick to each other to avoid problems with the materials reacting. I dont keep them seperate at all otherwise and never had any problems and some have been stored like this for years.

KingGrthy wrote:

I have two large toolboxes from the local hardware store, I can fit a padlock on both and they are basically just big empty boxes. For all my silicone, pvc, and tpe toys I use coat them in cornflower to make sure they are dry and it removes the tackiness so they dont stick to each other to avoid problems with the materials reacting. I dont keep them seperate at all otherwise and never had any problems and some have been stored like this for years.

That's intersting to know we use cornflower with them after use. although im more comfortable having them all individually bagged for peice of mind,but if it's 100 % ok for me to store them indidually bagged together meaning no contact should be made,most bags we use are lovehoneys own which seem thick enough for them not to have contact. I've seen other material bags in the past which where far too thin material.

At the moment i keep each toy in there own bag with my draws being categorized per material which takes a huge chunk of space.

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I remember when I first started out with sex toys and I'm embarrassed to say that I had jelly and rubber toys stored in a plastic box. The whole lot had melted together! If only I knew back then about these shitty materials.

I've stored silicone dildo's together and no issues.

Oh nooo

Glad this forum is here.

if i hadn't joined i wouldn't have known. but then years a go id only used the odd toy here and there which were made purely from solid plastic so wasn't an issue

Not that i've had this problem,think i maybe a little ocd on keeping them protected with them being so costly.

PurringTiger wrote:

The one thing to be careful of is jelly toys as these can start to omit oils and smells regardless and can soak through the silk bags. I had this happen with a cheap Doc Johnson jelly plug so maybe keep those seperate if you have any. Personally I just don't buy jelly now after it made everything in the box with it stink for ages too.

As already mentioned pure silicone, glass and metals can generally be stored with like materials and have no issues at all.

Thanks PurringTiger

i do have the one jelly type it's a banana but i don't use it.

it's just kept in it's box for show more of a novelty toy,but if i do get some more in that material i'll keep that in mind with the bags maybe try the velvet type bags instead of silk for jellies