Toys for long distance relationships

Hi guys,

First post here so hello! Have been buying from LH for quite a while but finally took the plunge to ask a question here!

My girlfriend and I are unfortunately in other countries and rarely get to see each other. I was wondering if anyone knows of or better yet has used a long distance toy?

I've seen *edited** which looks good, but very expensive

And also Lovepalz

Any suggestions on toys? OR, tips on handling the intimate side of our relationship would also be helpful.

Thank you so much :)

I've not used a long distance toy unfortunately. My husband travels a lot for work but we are big users of skype for sex videos and mutual mastribation and that always helps keep us going until we next see each other.

Unfortunately I'm away really long term...I wont see her for another 6 months :(

Oh you poor thing. I feel for you. I done long distance with an ex but three months was longest we would go without seeing each other. Then we would barely leave the bedroom in the two weeks we would be together.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you long distance won't work or it's not worth the hassle. My friend met a man in oz and has now married him. Four years later they have three kids and she's moved to oz for him. She's never been happier.

Hope you both find away to have some fun from a distance x

Oh you poor thing. I feel for you. I done long distance with an ex but three months was longest we would go without seeing each other. Then we would barely leave the bedroom in the two weeks we would be together.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you long distance won't work or it's not worth the hassle. My friend met a man in oz and has now married him. Four years later they have three kids and she's moved to oz for him. She's never been happier.

Hope you both find away to have some fun from a distance x

Hi, firstly welcome to the forums.

I do understand what you're going through. I'm also in a long distance relationship. My OH is in Canada and I'm in the UK. We see each other at most twice a year, but more than likely it's once a year.

As BV said don't listen to people who say LD doesn't work, because it can work and it does. My OH and I have been together several years now, and I'm not going to lie and say it's easy because it's not but I am far happier with him than I have ever been in another relationship.

We have our own lives and we spend as much time as possible with each other, the main thing that we need is Skype it is essential, as we can talk as much as we want, and can cam up and look at each other. The other thing we use is What's App. I've also found this invaluable as it means we can text each other and send each other voice clips and pictures for free.

We make sure we make time for each other, not just for sex haha but for everything. He usually works nights during the week, there's a 5hr time difference between us, with me being 5 hours ahead. We talk briefly throughout the week on Skype, generally this can range from an hour depening on what we're both doing more more often than not Monday - Friday it can be less than 30minutes each day. But it's better than nothing. This is where WhatsApp comes in, because just because we're not actually talking we're still texting each other throughout the night. Our day is Saturday as he doesn't work, I'm generally not working and when my terrorist is in bed that's when we spend our time together. We call it date night. This usually comprises of us playing games together, We'll play different games like Battleship (He has one half of the set, I have the other) we play online games like FPS, MMO's we're usually on Skype for all of this so we're talking and having a laugh together. And then we watch a movie together. We'll pick a movie cam up on Skype and 1-2-3 Press play, and we'll watch the movie together whilst eating and chatting. It just feels like we're watching the movie together.

Intimicacy wise, I've not found a sex toy that actually works in regards to the ones specifically designed for LD relationships. It just caused a lot of frustration when they wouldn't work properly ext. But what we do is just good old fashioned Skype sex lol. We just tell each other what we want to be doing to each other, put as much description in it so that we're basically begging for each other. I tell him what I want him to do to himself. I got him a male masterbator so that it's something from me he can use. He's also purchased toys for me, so he'll tell me what toy to use, what he wants me to do to myself and that's more than enough for us until we're together. We'll also tease each other, I'll send him some naughtyish pics and voice clips some Sexts to tease him a little until we have our date night and have time alone.

I hope this helps, I know not everything we do will be what everyone else wants to do. But we have a great relationship, a strong bond that just gets stronger with every passing month.

My relationship switched from basically living with each other to long distance after three years, and I can only really reiterate what FrozenAngel has said.

WhatsApp is great for sending messages/pictures and the sort and it's generally what we'll use when we 'sext'. In regards to buying a specific toy for long distnace I wound not know, as I've brought toys for my girlfriend such as a few vibrators, a large dildo and a glass one but this was not with a long distance intention.

When we get down to it when apart I'll normally describe in detail what I'd like to be doing to her if she was with me. Then I'll tell her which toy to use, how to use it etc. It gives a real satisfaction when she orgasms like this as it does feel that you've played your part and made it happen. I've recently brought a dildo with a suction cup to see if that will add anything to our long distance sext sessions!

Hope this is of some help, Good luck!

Someone should invent a toy where one partner can control it through a computer whilst the other is using it?
I've heard rumours of one that uses a phone app in development but doesn't seem like anything has come of it

Yeah, that would be great, I recall there being something similar too but can't find anything. We must have the technology!

I guess the closest to experiencing a male partner during long distance is a clone-a-willy kit, which I think is deal of the day right now?

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Someone should invent a toy where one partner can control it through a computer whilst the other is using it?
I've heard rumours of one that uses a phone app in development but doesn't seem like anything has come of it

I've tried stuff like that SM but honestly they've not been great, and got quite frustrating, When they're not responding ect so they just got thrown out. Spending half the time trying to get the stupid things to work wasn't cutting it for me haha I don't have the patience for that.

So now he just gives me directions and visa versa, I want you to use such a toy, I want you on your knees doing this to yourself which honestly I think works better I imagine doing things to him which I tell him, and he does to me. Imagination is good and it makes those sessions when we're together bloody brilliant lol. x

My OH and I are long distance, and it sucks. Massively. But it does make the time you get together even more wonderful...
We both have access to our Lovehoney account and add things to each other wishlists, which leads to lots of anticipation and excitement. You could each buy each other a new shiny toy to keep yourselves occupied, and also makes for great phone/text sex..

Your imaginations will do far more than any toy possibly could.