Toys in the Hot Tub!

So this is a random one and sorry if it’s been asked before, I have looked briefly and couldn’t find anything.

So myself and my husband have just bought and received our first full-size hot tub in our garden. As I’ve mentioned before our garden is very very private with high walls so neighbours can’t see us - although we can’t say for sure they don’t hear us.

Anyway my question is, how do sex toys react to chlorine? I know chlorine isn’t the most exciting thing to have in and around the areas between your legs anyway, but let’s face it, there will be a substantial amount of sexy time in the tub outside and I want my toys to come and play too.

I’m just wanting to know if my silicone or pvc dildos and toys will be destroyed by using them in the chlorinated water of my hot tub?

I guess another question will be hopefully the toys and lubes won’t effect the water either - we have come to understand the ridiculously precise chemistry involved in hot tub water care. We don’t want to destroy a 10k hot tub 😂

Ian Chimp will probably know something on this as he is the sex toy oracle ❤️

All advice and experiences please share!

Xxx

Married Girl wrote:

Ian Chimp will probably know something on this as he is the sex toy oracle ❤️

Ha. 🙂 I'm afraid I have no experience of this, but I did dig up this thread that you might find useful:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1291375-sex-toys-use-in-hot-tub/

And Oldman gave some good hot tub safety tips in this thread:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1721855-hot-tub-sexy-time/page-2/

Personally, I'd be tempted to chuck a silicone kitchen spatula in to test before using an expensive silicone toy. Though I'm guessing the main issue would be bleaching, so more cosmetic than anything else. I think I'd also avoid anything porous as it'll drink up all the chemical water (and may not give it back).

'Waterproof' is also a bit deceptive as it tends to be for x depth for x time, so you may find that toys that are okay in the bath/shower may not be as cool in a hot tub.

I'm a bit wary of silicone lube as well. It seems water-based will just wash away, but you've got to be careful about spilling any silicone lube around bathrooms/hot tubs/pools, etc as it'll turn it into a slip'n'slide deathtrap.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but hopefully this is still useful. 👍🙂

Thankyou everyone for your replies and advice! It's really appropriated.

Thanks Ian Chimp, you always deliver an encyclopaedic wealth of information ❤️

Thankyou Justthe2ofus2007, I think we must be lucky as hubbies had no problems so far, but we will be as cautious as possible - and if problems arise it won't stop me having fun 🤣

And Alica4ever, thank you so much, I've already taken your advice, I actually wore one of my steel jewel butt plugs in the tub this evening! Im going to test the water with one of my less loved 'silicon snakes' but my goal will be to be able to use my suction cup toys in the tub. I've got plenty of glass and steel one to play with if problems occur.

❤️

xxx