Trans!!!

Not sure what you good people of LH think, but just wondered why there is still a stigma about trans people be it MTF or FTM, in our modern day society, it has beeen almost accepected to be Gay or Lesbian or Bisexual, but there is still a problem when it comes to the world of trans, be that crossdressing, Transvestites, Transexual, or what ever the new term is nowadays.

I know from persenal experiance how this can be, so just wondered what everyone thought.

i accept all thoughts good or bad , heard lots of abuse so im used to it.

Also many think being trans is just about the sex, far from it , for me its about being myself.

On a lighter note my pc is agaisnt me , its having a none t-girl day , any help on that would be good to

Love to all you lovely LH folk xx

I am very much in the view of it being the person underneath that matters. I tend to find that people living an 'alternative' lifestyle to be nicer than the rest as well, be that into metal wearing ladies underwear or full on sex change.

Theolain wrote:

I am very much in the view of it being the person underneath that matters. I tend to find that people living an 'alternative' lifestyle to be nicer than the rest as well, be that into metal wearing ladies underwear or full on sex change.

A breath of fresh air indeed from you, and thank you so much, when people see the the true person, they may realise what really matters

Depends what you are used to, my daughter drinks in or around Soho where it is completely normal, in this german village there is one transexual who I find intimidating he is a bloody huge bloke with a dress on and long red hair, each to their own and Germans generally are more accepting of different lifestyles

gunther wrote:

Depends what you are used to, my daughter drinks in or around Soho where it is completely normal, in this german village there is one transexual who I find intimidating he is a bloody huge bloke with a dress on and long red hair, each to their own and Germans generally are more accepting of different lifestyles

im not one to go around to show it all off, just try to mingle in with the crowd, yes i know that is hard (gosh im still a male trying to be as good as i can as a female), but never try to push my views on any one, and yet i do still understand the things and issues that people thing when they see me, still i think why should i for all my faults be be put upon. time will tell

dont get me wrong im not a pesirmest far from it , full of life

the person concerned has had a sex change ....she is about 6 inches taller than her boyfriend .....all a bit strange

its sad that there's transphobia still. but through education we can hope to change peoples thoughts on it.

There is still transphobia out there just like there is homophobia but personally i believe that being trans is no different to being a biological male or female. I support the journey of any trans person as it is not an easy journey to take but it is all about being who you truely are. Alot of people forget about the T in the LGBT community but i feel that we are all together in a fight for rights and equality and the entire community deserves to life and love as they want. We are all just people at the end of the day, sexuality, gender, biology, race, etc etc none of it matters.

Thats so lo

luckylesbo wrote:

There is still transphobia out there just like there is homophobia but personally i believe that being trans is no different to being a biological male or female. I support the journey of any trans person as it is not an easy journey to take but it is all about being who you truely are. Alot of people forget about the T in the LGBT community but i feel that we are all together in a fight for rights and equality and the entire community deserves to life and love as they want. We are all just people at the end of the day, sexuality, gender, biology, race, etc etc none of it matters.

thats so lovely what you wrote , thank you so much xx

Personally I like unusual people. I hope you're not offended by that turn of phrase, I just think that people who react negatively to transgender people, or any other minority, do so out of fear. I'm not afraid of unusual people. My default position is acceptance and tolerance, of anyone who isn't an arsehole basically.

Last time I was in my local city (which doesn't have enormous ethnic diversity and while I expect it has a thriving LGBT scene, I've never been part of it or known anything about it) and I was just doing a normal shop and one of the staff that asked me if I needed any help was (I'm guessing, didn't ask, but it was fairly obvious) MTF.

I remember being surprised, not in a bad way - it was just I had never encountered someone who was clearly transitioning before. But hot on the heels of that was 'wow, you're brave for being yourself so openly' followed a bit later by approving thoughts to the franchise for employing them, knowing how much discrimination there is still around, particularly these days when it comes to jobs.

I know there is still a lot of discrimination and stigmatisation around, but the incident cheered me enormously - things are improving.

To quote a friend; TransPHOBIA and HomoPHOBIA would imply they're scared of it... they're not, they're just assholes.

Hopefully it won't be long before it's a normal part of society with no stigma attached. This is acheived through educating our children, friends etc. I say normal, in the least derogatory sense, as I'm sure you'll understand.

These days I see myself leaning toward pansexuality. If I'm attracted to someone, it's regardless of their sexuality, orientation and gender.

Only last week I was in Subway when a MtF trans walked in... I hope she knew I was staring at her in awe, rather than staring in disbelief/rudeness...unlike the shop assistant. Idiot.

Ms HKM wrote:

To quote a friend; TransPHOBIA and HomoPHOBIA would imply they're scared of it... they're not, they're just assholes.

not ass holes just dont know, when I am confronted by an obvious man in a dress long hair and lipstick, it matters not that I am informed that he has had a sex change...it is just strange with a capital "S" I dont have anything against the person involved it is just strange. A woman with the body of a building labourer isnt normal and excuse me if i gulp before I find it normal

Avrielle it reminds me of the old joke. Homosexuals are two me who make love to each other while lesbians are two women who make love while other men watch

Ms HKM wrote:

These days I see myself leaning toward pansexuality. If I'm attracted to someone, it's regardless of their sexuality, orientation and gender.

Only last week I was in Subway when a MtF trans walked in... I hope she knew I was staring at her in awe, rather than staring in disbelief/rudeness...unlike the shop assistant. Idiot.

I agree with Ms HKM, anyone can look gorgeous regardless of sexuality or gender. To me love doesn't mean finding a nice straight guy to settle down and have babies with, it means how much you love the individual, be they MTF, FTM, transgender, asexual, bisexual, gay or straight.

It doesn't matter who they want to be inside and how they look outside, but how much you love them. Little details like gender orientation do not matter to me - in fact if I ever settle down with a straight guy I have a feeling I will be dissapointed. (No idea why guys, sorry!) In fact whenever I look into the future I always see myself with a female partner. I don't want children and couldn't care less if my partner was biologically female and wanted to dress as a male, or vice versa for men. It doesn't bother me.

Do what makes you happy. If you're happy and nobody gets hurt I don't see the harm in dressing as the opposite sex. It's all personal choice and unique to the individual. Sally - be strong, and well done for committing to yourself and finding the first step towards knowing who you are. Spread the love

i just see men as competition

Sally Adams wrote:

Not sure what you good people of LH think, but just wondered why there is still a stigma about trans people be it MTF or FTM, in our modern day society, it has beeen almost accepected to be Gay or Lesbian or Bisexual, but there is still a problem when it comes to the world of trans, be that crossdressing, Transvestites, Transexual, or what ever the new term is nowadays.

I know from persenal experiance how this can be, so just wondered what everyone thought.

i accept all thoughts good or bad , heard lots of abuse so im used to it.

Also many think being trans is just about the sex, far from it , for me its about being myself.

On a lighter note my pc is agaisnt me , its having a none t-girl day , any help on that would be good to

Love to all you lovely LH folk xx

aww Sally your nice! I have no problems! its others with the problem.

But stigma nowdays is unbelievable for anything! if your young your inexperiecne to do anything, if your old you can't do anything and use your age against you, if you have been in trouble with the police your a criminal for life!!

if you have any mental health problems your a liability and unfit for anything and everyone makes the choices for as its in you best instrests!! THIS COUNTRY PISS ME OFF FOR EVERYTHING!!!

I personaly am Hugely attracted to MTF, FTM, Transgender & Crossdresser. But what I love about them most is seeing that they are happy & confiedent in who they are & most importantly being there own Personality....

Iam a Fan....xxxxxxxx

I'm not a transgender but I am a crossdresser and go out a fair bit, rare I get any bad words or anything... People don't seem to me as uptight about it as they used to be...