Trimming Hair

Hello.
First time as an original poster.
I am looking for a bit of advice about body hair. I’m quite a hairy chap, I’ve got a good amount of chest and tummy hair. I recently started to notice some greys appearing :no_mouth:
Not actually too bothered about the grey ones, my head hair turned grey a while ago.
It has given me a thought to and keep my hair a bit neater though, on my chest and my pubes. Definitely don’t want to shave or go totally hair free, I had to do that down below for my vasectomy, didn’t enjoy it.
How do you keep trim and neat? Tried a bit with hair scissors but too uneven.
Can anyone recommend a trimmer that would work near my delicate parts.

3 Likes

We have a popular brand lady shaver, which has separate heads for trimming to different lengths. I got it in the local supermarket so it’s nothing fancy!

We only use it for pubic hair but it would work on chest hair too!

1 Like

My partner just uses his beard trimmer and just changes the head to suit the desired length he wants. Nothing flashy

Lovehoney sell this:

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that, I’ll have a look

1 Like

I just have a well known branded mens grooming set from a another well known high street chain.

Rechargeable, came with multiple guards. Ideal for a nice even finish where you wish to trim.

I use a male trimmer as it comes with many attachments to get different hair lengths that are comfortable for what you want in each area

1 Like

We have had a set of Wahl hair trimmers for years and I use them with No. 1 or No. 2 guard fitted.

2 Likes

We got a kit with hair clippers and all the guards back when we were broke newlyweds and wife gave me my haircuts. I go out for my haircuts now, but we keep the clippers around mostly for keeping both our bushes maintained. Because it’s designed for haircuts it’s a little cumbersome in the more delicate areas, but not too bad. Don’t know where you’re at from a shipping perspective, but there are some companies that specialize in body trimmers with knick-proof blades and stuff. I think we can share brand names without links, but Meridian and Manscaped are two that come to mind right now.

1 Like

I know you aren’t looking to clear it out all the way, but using a straight razor is awesome for sharp lines. Plus, since its only one razor, there no hair getting stuck anywhere!

1 Like

Normal pair of hair clippers grade 1 chest and stomach grade 0 pubes, then shave balls with normal razor

1 Like

Just a standard beard trimmer here! Gets the job done and whatever length you want.

1 Like

Thanks folks,
Great help, seems like most things we’ll get the job done.
Thanks

Phillip’s waterproof rechargeable beard trimmer and a Gillette razor. The beard trimmer is adjustable without the inconvenience of changing heads and is washable so really quick and easy to use in the shower.

I’d need wondering about getting a Philips one blade too and wondered if anyone had experience of using one of these for body hair?

I use one I bought online (can’t find the model of mine online now) to trim my beard and pubic hair. It’s a Norelco and nothing fancy. I don’t have much chest hair, so I’m lucky in that regard. Like you, I went gray a while back and don’t like it popping up in other areas.

Also wondered about a one blade. Would be interested is seeing if anyone has used them.

@MikeyCustard One blade is 100% the way to go. It makes it easy in the shower, takes fairly little time and as long as you use a new razor blade, it is always a clean cut. There is a reason barbers continue to use the single blade a the barber shops.

1 Like