Trust Levels

Thanks Ian!

2 Likes

Wow , guess we will see how and if this new system works . So members that have been here a long time and posted many times along with pictures get to start over ? I guess I will wait a few days and see if anything improves and if I can figure out how to do anything .

3 Likes

I feel like we have all been court Marshalled. I was a field Marshall previously and now I can hardly find where to post! :flushed:

4 Likes

Weā€™ve all been demoted :joy:

5 Likes

Haha! I was so proud of my slowly increasing rank too :joy:

1 Like

I think itā€™s about not overloading everyone with all the new features straight away. By gradually introducing more things the more people engage (by logging in, posting, reading, liking, etc) it gives you plenty of time to settle in. :+1:

I think the only thing missing compared to the old one is the ability to post photos to the gallery, but that should unlock for people after a couple of weeks of regular engagement. :slightly_smiling_face:

The search function is excellent, so lean on that if you need help navigating topics, messages, or users. :+1:

3 Likes

How exactly can we check our rank or how far off we are from increasing it

Youā€™ll get a new badge. :slightly_smiling_face: At the moment youā€™re Trust Level 1, so have the Basic badge. Once you unlock TL2 youā€™ll get the Member badge. :+1:

Once at Member level you canā€™t go back down to Basic (unless @Lovehoney_Brenna manually downgrades you for being naughty).

Itā€™s a little different passing between TL2 and TL3 (Member to Regular), but weā€™ll cross that bridge when we come to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@Ian_Chimp youā€™ll be level 2 in a few days! :clap:t2:

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve got a way to go yet @Blonde_Bunny. :slightly_smiling_face:

On a separate note, I think you can score some badges twice (or at least you get pinged twice). So thatā€™s something to watch out for. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edited to add: And you get a little ā€˜2ā€™ next to the relevent badge on the badge page. :+1:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp the glitch hunter :smile:

Well, I think the new forum has done what the company wanted. It has set too many hurdles in place so that users will give up and not use it. Not impressed

Yeah, that was probably their grand plan all along. :slightly_smiling_face: They did consider just turning the old one off and not replacing it, but that seemed far too cheap and easy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not sure about the concern about levels and badges, surely the most important thing is how much LH charge for their toys and their return policies.

@Private_member lighten up!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case. I expect that what they wanted was to keep the forum but without its glitches, which to be honest was driving most of us mad! Given the choice between fixing (and I expect the LH dev team would say re-architect and build from new - I know I would) or implementation of a hosted off the shelf solution that has many of the features needed, I expect there is only one commercially viable choice.

No one likes change and thatā€™s the issue. Iā€™m sure this forum is many times superior to the old one but we just need to get used to it!

Sorry if all that sounds quite brutal!

:see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Thats great news :grinning:

I think for a lot of people itā€™s the Community element that stands out just as much as price and customer service. :+1:

Speaking for myself , as I get older I tend to not like change very much . I will give it some time for me to get used to it and for LH to fix any glitches that arise . So many websites have changed for the sake of change that it made navigating and using so hard I dropped them . I truly hope this is not the case . Good luck to us all !

1 Like

I think youā€™ll like it more when you can post pictures again. :slightly_smiling_face: The top thing Iā€™d suggest is to log in every day for 15 days (judging from the standard TL2 requirements). That seems to be the most stringent criteria. Chuck a couple of hearts about, post in the threads you like (the Search is great now too), and have a good read like normal, and I think youā€™ll be there in no time. :+1:

If you feel up to it thereā€™s a little Discobot tutorial you can try that helps you with the new features? Thereā€™s a topic about it here:

6 Likes