Tryin spreader bars for first time.

hey all, am lookin into buyin a spreader bar and looking for any tips for 1st time users. It's more for myself as when my partner is playin and teasing me once he hits the spot I have a habit of my legs closing on their own lol. x

Hi loulou :) My OH has reviewed a Spreader Bar here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25619 We can highly recommend it! I have the same problem especially when I'm close to orgasm. We've had lots of fun using it. It’s really easy to use and it can be separated into smaller parts so its easy to store/ transport. It's also adjustable which is good if you're a first time user because you can experiment with what feels right- also depends on height on how long flexible you are too!

Only thing I will say is that you can buy this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25620 and get another set of cuffs for the same price. We didn't get it because we have lots of sets already.

We use ours in conduction with an under the bed restraint system which is amazing! Really pins your OH down ;) We love using a blindfold at the same time too and play with ticklers, whips and vibes to maximise the tease factor.

Hope this helps! Xx

I have to agree with everyhing that Khaleesi has said (not just because i love her name). I have owned a number of different bars in the past and love them, although each has a different use.

The first thing note is that different levels of bondage require different types of bars. If this is your first bondage experience then i would say to stick to velcro as it offers more freedom so that you can free yourself with ease. It would however stop you for closing your legs for as long as you want it to. The key thing here is how long YOU want. I would also advise starting off with a bar that is adustable as most people like to start off small, increasing the size of the bar as you get more confident.

Now i personally love the feeling of being restriced and dont like being able free myself by just wriggling around. Hence why i love locking leather cuffs. But then i love bondage and have had alot of experience in the past.

Any of the spreader bars on LH website will stop you closing your legs during you activites, its just about how much control you want to give up.

One other thing that is important is if you want a spreader bar that stops you moving your arms ie four cuffs instead of two. I personally own both types however more often that not i use sperate arm restraints.

I agree with khaleesi that you cant go wrong with this bar http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25619 Dont think, just go for it. That is unless you want the one with the wrist cuffs as well.

I personally like to combine a spreader bar with handcuffs (usually attached to the bed frame above my head so that i cant move off the bed) or even this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17666

xx

ps sorry i can talk about bondage all day long haha.

I have the 30" spreader bar which is the widest but I personally don't think that I would want a narrower one as it keeps me nice and wide and wriggle free. I'm 5' 8" but if you are shorter you might need a shorter one.
I hope you enjoy it, you are welcome to read the review I did on this item.

mrs average wrote:

I have the 30" spreader bar which is the widest but I personally don't think that I would want a narrower one as it keeps me nice and wide and wriggle free. I'm 5' 8" but if you are shorter you might need a shorter one.
I hope you enjoy it, you are welcome to read the review I did on this item.

Has your review been published? I haven’t seen it yet.

I've just had a look. The one I have doesn't seem to be available anymore. Boooo!

mrs average wrote:

I've just had a look. The one I have doesn't seem to be available anymore. Boooo!

It might become a collector's item then!

My only advice is to make sure the cuffs fit round ankles or if not replace with some that do. The one we bought had small cuffs (even for my wifes little ankles) but we replaced them with velcro ones which are perfect.

Its fair to say it gets a substantial amount of use in our house. In particular its used with her cuffed to the headboard, a blindfold and the wand under my full control!

Enjoy x