Two questions about mastubation.

1. Which lube best suits solo play

2. I find the wand vibrator to be very intense, but also amazing how to I numb the intensity but keep the amazing feeling

1) the type of lube depends highly on the type of play you want... Begin all a water based lube is fine, anal you might want a silicone or oil based... But make sure it is compatible with your toys.

2) if a toy is too intense for you on the lowest setting you can either look for a less intense item... Or run out the batteries.. As batteries die, toys get weaker with power, but its quite a waste of a battery you need to just slowly increase what you can handle. You'll get there!

Avoid oil based for the vagina (Most of them are not recommended, but a few brands, like Yes, seem to be the better oil based lubes) for vaginal play. This leaves you with water based, which feels more slippery slick, but dries quickly, or silicone, which feels more silky and lasts much longer, although I for one do not overly like the feeling of silicone lubricant, so it will be personal preference. Avoid silicone lubes with silicone toys. Sliquid brand always gets high ratings.

With the wand, try putting something (A towel, your pants, a sheet) in between the wand and your vagina. It will dampen things slightly and maybe help stop the numbing.

Good luck!

Fluffbags: You know so much :)

I would say that lube preference is really personal thing. Some people prefer waterbased, other silicone based. With waterbased the main problem for some women, and it is not just few, but considerabe percentage from what I saw, is sensitivity to glycerin and parabens. There are lubes which do not contain those and which are suitable for us with this problem. Like Sliquid and Lelo, or Yes. The sensitivity can show by burning and it can cause unballance and as result infections in the vagina.

With silicone based lubes you have to be careful when using with silicone toys. You do not have to avoid silicone lube with silicone toys, if the lube and toy arw of high silicone quality, but you always have to do a test that these will not react together. I know some members here use Pjur with Tantus toys without any problems of these reacting together. I did a Pjur lube test on one of my silicone toys and there was no reaction either. But you have to be careful, as some silicone toys are not made of high quality silicone, which can be part of the reason why the reaction happens.

About the wand vibrator. Lot of women do not like too intense vibrations. You can either try lower settings and if it is too much, look for weaker toys. Or toys with low vibration settings. Brands like Lelo offer vibrations from very mild (barely) noticable to strong. You should look at the reviews or videos and see what sort of vibration the toy offers.

When Erika Moen reviewed the Hitachi wand she said she found the vibrations too much at times. Her solution was to slip a folded towel between her and the wand, it diffused and softened the effect, but was still wonderful. There is an official attachment to dim the effect too, but improvising will save you a few pennies.

Another thing to bear in mind with silicone lube is that it can stain. it will leave oily looking patches on clothing, so, don't use it with your expensive lingerie or bedsheets!

Lubes: I'd choose water-based unless you want to have some bath-time fun, then go with silicone. But, silicone is a pain to clean up as it's designed to be fairly water-resistant. Water-based, I've found are cheaper too. I got 250ml of Liquid silk water-based for the same price as I did for 50ml of silicone-based lube! Talk about a bargain, if you're gonna use a lot of it. Silicone ones though do tend to last a little longer.

Toys: I don't really know what to say about toys that are too intense even on the lower setting. I usually switch toys if one's a little too much for me to handle, as I have three vibrators to choose from (including two rabbits) and a dildo. The dildo is a little big at times, and one of the rabbits is too intense even on the lowest setting because it's a G-spot tickler. One is very subtle but still does the job with a bit of work, but then there's no real pleasure in a super-quickie! Maybe buy a second toy that's not as intense and work your way up with that. Start with the lowest setting, then go up a notch whenever you feel ready to try something a little more intense.

The butterfly kiss is a good not too intense one that is a dual stimulator. And if you have a smaller anatomy its perfect sized

The butterfly kiss is a good not too intense one that is a dual stimulator. And if you have a smaller anatomy its perfect sized