Unfinished order email

I have received an email from LH, stating that I did not complete my order and inviting me to try again. Which is confusing, though, as I have already paid my order and received emails confirming the successful placing of the order and the despatch. I presume I have received the unfinished order email because I have tried paying for my order a little too early and the bank had not yet processed my funds, so it was unsuccessful, but I have waited a couple of hours and completed the order successfully.

Even if these emails are automatic, shouldn't they check if you have made a successful attempt after the unsuccessful one? Otherwise, it is really confusing.

Hey, did you have the stuff in ur basket for a while? It happened to me a while ago. Should all be good but just check with c/s if your worried :) xx

Yes, my basket was full for a couple of days, actually. I kept changing the stuff inside the basket, though. :) I am not worried - since I got an email saying my order was despatched - I trust that one. :)

menyanthe wrote:

Yes, my basket was full for a couple of days, actually. I kept changing the stuff inside the basket, though. :) I am not worried - since I got an email saying my order was despatched - I trust that one. :)

Ah yes! Sometimes, if you've left a few items in your basket for a while, we'll pop you an email to say 'Hey! Are you going to finish that?' :P

It should have gone out before you completed your order, but maybe we sent it as you were completing it and there was a crossover in time.

Great Scott!!

Thank you, Jess, for the clarification! :) Nice to know :)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Great Scott!!

This is brilliant.

i had one of those emails i was also offered a 10% discount if i completed the order that day but at that time money was tight so was unable to also i find even when i remove items they tend to pop back in my basket lol temptation is so bad lol but its nothing to worry about

Hm... I thought the 10% discount was the birthday discount I already had and did not even pay attention to it.

I remember being offered a discount the first time I left stuff in my basket for a few days (Got the email that I hadnt finished checking out and offered me 10% off it I checked out then.) I think either Lovehoney stopped doing it (I guess when word gets out, everyone takes advantage) or it only happens for your first time because I continually leave stuff in my basket now. (Not for the discount mind, I am just a flakey shopper lol) and since that first time, I have never got the "You haven't checked out" email. (That was like, 18 month ago.)

Well, it is not the first time I have left my items standing there for days, but it is the first time I have received such an email. This time not only I had the items for about 4 days in the basket, but also had 2 unsuccessful attempts to pay for them. :) So I am not exactly sure how it works.

But anyway, I am not going to take advantage of that. :)